• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Choate

HookedonGriz said:
poorgriz said:
HookedonGriz said:
poorgriz said:
It's called "trend analysis", you should look it up.

I get it, it's the off season and this is all fun and games taking jabs at each other and telling each other how good our respective coaches are lol, but I have a serious question for every griz fan on here.

Do you think the Bobcat Football program is trending up right now heading into 2018?

Honest answer is no, not until they prove on the field they can win and not have a losing record. 95% of bobcat nation thought they would dominate last year and get at least seven or eight wins. Well that didn't happen....again. But everyone just assumes it will happen this year? It's always "next year" with Bobcat fans.

If you don't think Bobcats are trending upwards, then either you aren't following them or you don't understand football. You're in for a rude awakening.

I think you brought in a good coach in Choate. I think he has brought in better talent recently. But until that translates into wins on a football field (the only true measure you can use) then it is what it is. ALMOST beating good teams doesn't count for shit....unless you're a Bobcat. Prove it on the field and I'm happy to talk. Until that happens it's the same old shit there.

My view is that almost-wins, especially against playoff and other good teams, as well as conference wins, does count in evaluating a coach in his second year. It's not just wins at that point. Eventually, it's wins, as well as other factors (team behavior, fund raising, attendance, etc.). Is the program improving and trending up, or is it not, is the key factor?

Just like it's not just wins at UM and for Stitt. Stitt has some wins, but was the program improving and trending up?

PlayerRep said:
ABQCat said:
PlayerRep said:
ABQCat said:
Why? Because you said so? That's an absurd comment.

I predict it will take Bobby at least year to get his system installed, and he simply doesn't have the depth or enough of 'his' personnel to make it very far in 2018. The nuclear meltdowns on this board will be epic if the grizz lose to Idaho and Cats in the same year. You mercifully don't play EWU or Weber, but SUU on the road is very tough. Even Sac St looks like they could be a contender and that game isn't a gimme. The MV games are tough and I predict a split at best. ND is too well coached to stay down again, and that road game could easily be a loss. Can you go 3-0 against Poly Davis and PSU? Probably but it's not a gimme.

This will be so much fun.

Yes, because I said so and it's true. Not an absurd comment at all. As most players will say, the rivalry game is more about motivation and heart, not talent. With Hauck, the team would have had more of both of those.

Ah I see how to play this game. Well if Bobby was the coach of the grizz for the last two years, Choate would still be 2-0. And this is a true statement. It's true because I said so, and that makes it true.

grizz fans can't stand you and Cat fans wake up every single morning hoping you don't defect. That's also true. Because I said so.

The difference is that I understand football, played the game, and am closer to both programs than you. Has the Choate family, or 3 of them, ever spent the day at your house? Do you think you know TG or Hauck better than I do? How many years did Janet Choate teach in Missoula?

You are a loser with few contacts and big mouth. But next to no substance.

:lol: If you mean never played the game in a leather helmet, then I agree. When you say somebody didn't play the game without any knowledge of the facts (facts matter), dribble on about how important you are and how many people you know, and finish by calling somebody a loser, it means you don't have anything of substance to support yourself or your argument. You've been soundly beaten in this one old man.

Would one of the cat fans please read this post to Coachoate for me?

Coachoate wrote:
“We’ve beat the Griz two years in a row but now the prodigal’s son has returned. But one thing I know: the sequel is hardly ever as good as the original.”

Prodigal was not a person referenced in the bible. The word prodigal means wasteful spending. You would think that after last year's "Congradulations Kat Recroups" letter fiasco that someone would be proofreading everything this guy writes or tweets.

For Christ's sake, the man is supposed to represent an institution of higher learning. It must be 'imbarrassing' for Meow State grads.

Ursa Major said:
Would one of the cat fans please read this post to Coachoate for me?

Coachoate wrote:
“We’ve beat the Griz two years in a row but now the prodigal’s son has returned. But one thing I know: the sequel is hardly ever as good as the original.”

Prodigal was not a person referenced in the bible. The word prodigal means wasteful spending. You would think that after last year's "Congradulations Kat Recroups" letter fiasco that someone would be proofreading everything this guy writes or tweets.

For Christ's sake, the man is supposed to represent an institution of higher learning. It must be 'imbarrassing' for Meow State grads.

:lol: :clap:

ABQCat said:
PlayerRep said:
ABQCat said:
PlayerRep said:
Yes, because I said so and it's true. Not an absurd comment at all. As most players will say, the rivalry game is more about motivation and heart, not talent. With Hauck, the team would have had more of both of those.

Ah I see how to play this game. Well if Bobby was the coach of the grizz for the last two years, Choate would still be 2-0. And this is a true statement. It's true because I said so, and that makes it true.

grizz fans can't stand you and Cat fans wake up every single morning hoping you don't defect. That's also true. Because I said so.

The difference is that I understand football, played the game, and am closer to both programs than you. Has the Choate family, or 3 of them, ever spent the day at your house? Do you think you know TG or Hauck better than I do? How many years did Janet Choate teach in Missoula?

:lol: If you mean never played the game in a leather helmet, then I agree. When you say somebody didn't play the game without any knowledge of the facts (facts matter), dribble on about how important you are and how many people you know, and finish by calling somebody a loser, it means you don't have anything of substance to support yourself or your argument. You've been soundly beaten in this one old man.

I know you didn't play football at any decent level. Many on the board know that everything I said in my post was accurate, including that you are a loser. You will never beat me at anything, other than things like being a troll. I didn't say I was important. I said I knew the UM and MSU football coaches better than you. Many people do, but you don't. Facts matter.

poorgriz said:
HookedonGriz said:
poorgriz said:
Ursa Major said:
And THAT is the difference in culture between the two programs. The cats beat the Griz but have losing seasons without sniffing the playoffs and early extend their coach.

The Griz don’t make the playoffs for two years and fire a coach with a winning record.

It’s little brother 101 and the difference between the cultures of the two programs. I’ll await your reply on eGriz. :lol:

It's called "trend analysis", you should look it up.

I get it, it's the off season and this is all fun and games taking jabs at each other and telling each other how good our respective coaches are lol, but I have a serious question for every griz fan on here.

Do you think the Bobcat Football program is trending up right now heading into 2018?

Honest answer is no, not until they prove on the field they can win and not have a losing record. 95% of bobcat nation thought they would dominate last year and get at least seven or eight wins. Well that didn't happen....again. But everyone just assumes it will happen this year? It's always "next year" with Bobcat fans.

If you don't think Bobcats are trending upwards, then either you aren't following them or you don't understand football. You're in for a rude awakening.
Trending let’s see 4-7 , 5-6, so the trend looks 6-5 that would be a rude awakening LOL!

PlayerRep said:
ABQCat said:
I know you didn't play football at any decent level. Many on the board know that everything I said in my post was accurate, including that you are a loser. You will never beat me at anything, other than things like being a troll. I didn't say I was important. I said I knew the UM and MSU football coaches better than you. Many people do, but you don't. Facts matter.
I have no horse in this race ... 'cause I don't give a s**t about the MSU coach, whether they're "trending" up or down, etc. etc.

But one bit of this has nagged me all day ... and that is the blatant "ageism" displayed. I know, another variety of victim. But when anyone shows even a hint of racism or sexism, everybody jumps all over it ... but ageism is somehow considered "funny." I, personally, retired from my "day job" while I was still more or less "at the top of my game" (still winning grant money to support my research team, etc). But many of my contemporaries were not so lucky. Once, societies valued the wisdom of the older generation (which, BTW, created cell phones, the Internet, and all those other cool things young people now take for granted). Now ... not so much. And, if anything, the situation is even worse for women (especially in jobs where "looks" matter). So could we please dispense with the slams at us older folks?

And, JFYI, old as PR might be, I very much doubt that he played in a leather helmet. :cool:

PlayerRep said:
ABQCat said:
PlayerRep said:
ABQCat said:

All good coaches, and I actually put Bobby in this category in spite of his lack of results at UNLV, are favorably biased to kids who perform above their 'station' through effort and grit. Carrying that as a metaphor to this conversation, you are the exact opposite. I truly believe all I've read about your education background and your prowess as a lawyer, but because you're willing to engage with trolls on stupid crap on an anonymous forum, that makes you dumb as a rock. No reasonable person with your stat line would ever actually say the dumb, stupid sh!t that you say on here unless they were 'performing' well below expectations. You are old and dumb.

About the 'fact' you presented to the forum about me not playing the game at a decent level, I have to admit that there are several folks I've worked with in my professional career that would be happy to agree with you that the BSC is not decent football. I'll give you credit for that one.

IdaGriz01 said:
PlayerRep said:
ABQCat said:
I have no horse in this race ... 'cause I don't give a s**t about the MSU coach, whether they're "trending" up or down, etc. etc.

But one bit of this has nagged me all day ... and that is the blatant "ageism" displayed. I know, another variety of victim. But when anyone shows even a hint of racism or sexism, everybody jumps all over it ... but ageism is somehow considered "funny." I, personally, retired from my "day job" while I was still more or less "at the top of my game" (still winning grant money to support my research team, etc). But many of my contemporaries were not so lucky. Once, societies valued the wisdom of the older generation (which, BTW, created cell phones, the Internet, and all those other cool things young people now take for granted). Now ... not so much. And, if anything, the situation is even worse for women (especially in jobs where "looks" matter). So could we please dispense with the slams at us older folks?

And, JFYI, old as PR might be, I very much doubt that he played in a leather helmet. :cool:

I've read this 3 times now. I think I get it and apologize. PR I retract the whole leather helmet bit. Over the line.

ABQCat said:
IdaGriz01 said:
PlayerRep said:
ABQCat said:

I've read this 3 times now. I think I get it and apologize. PR I retract the whole leather helmet bit. Over the line.

Pussy. :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
ABQCat said:
IdaGriz01 said:
PlayerRep said:

Pussy. :lol:
Hey Ida is a good poster and makes a fair point. I know I'm a guest over here and it's important I treat the posters who have earned it with respect and dignity.

ABQCat said:
IdaGriz01 said:
PlayerRep said:
ABQCat said:

Geezzzz. I was in high school while PR was playing at Dartmouth and the freshmen had to wear leather helmets...my junior year, a "portly" Western graduate threw all of them away. There is no shame to have played the game in leather helmets.

This clip from American Dad PERFECTLY sums up bobcat football.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R89nF0rR99E[/youtube]

Back