• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Dalton Sneed - Jake Maier

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Could Sneed come out of nowhere like Maier did at UC Davis to make the Griz a legit threat? Sounds like the potential is definitely there. Maier also burst onto the scene last year coming out of a JUCO in Long Beach City College. Here are his accolades:

What to Know: While winning 2017 Big Sky newcomer of the year, the Long Beach City (Calif.) College transfer formed a lethal combination with wide receiver Keelan Doss (a Division I-high 10.5 receptions per game). Maier set the school record with seven 300-yard passing performances, finishing fifth in the FCS (and second among non-seniors) in passing yards per game (333.5). He will face two FBS teams (San Jose State and Stanford) and one dropping from the FBS (Idaho) in the Aggies’ first four games this season.

How is it that a “quitter” like Maier can be so good showing up @ a place like Davis? Wonder if it had anything to do with pitching it to the best receiver in the FCS?

bgbigdog said:
How is it that a “quitter” like Maier can be so good showing up @ a place like Davis? Wonder if it had anything to do with pitching it to the best receiver in the FCS?
I think it also had something to do with Maier's talent. I am real concerned with how our pass defense will match up with him.

bgbigdog said:
So a JUCO QB moving on to a Division I starting role with the opportunity to throw " to the best receiver in the FCS" is a quitter? How does that work, unless it's GJ butthurt talking.... Can't think of any competition Maier has shied away from.

kemajic said:
bgbigdog said:
I think it also had something to do with Maier's talent. I am real concerned with how our pass defense will match up with him.

Agree Maier has put up huge numbers wherever he has landed. That dude seems to be an absolute gamer.

HookedonGriz said:
kemajic said:
bgbigdog said:

Agree Maier has put up huge numbers wherever he has landed. That dude seems to be an absolute gamer.

No offense to Maier.

No butt-hurt here. You likely didn’t participate in the quitter crap concerning where kids come from & where they go because they’d decided to leave a program & change teams. Anyone paying attention knows he can play. I do think having an elite talent like Doss who was first or second in yards & catches helps a lot. Kupp made several guys look like all-Americans.

Back