• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Kittens 2018 Preview

VS. Western Illinois- W/L
@ South Dakota State- W/L (Will win 1 of first 2)
VS. Wagner- W
@ Portland State- W
VS. Eastern Washington- L
VS. Idaho- L
@ Weber State- W/L
@ Idaho State- W/L (Will lose 1 of 3)
VS Cal Poly- W/L
VS. Northern Colorado- W
@ Montana- L
My prediction: 6-5 or 5-6 They won't have the horses to beat SDSU, EWU or IDAHO. They will have tough games vs WEBER, ISU, CP AND MONTANA. I am going to homer pick Montana because if all else goes wrong Bobby will want that game more than any other on the schedule. Best case for MSU would be 7-4 but they would need to improve far and beyond what I expect.

VimSince03 said:
In my mind, last season doesn't mean anything other than we lost 6 games to some very good competition and won 5 games against some mediocre competition. It will come down to Murray...and possibly transfer QB Travis Jonsen because I do not expect Murray to stay healthy all year.
Finally, after a heavy dose of would, coulda, shoulda, a realistic post.

I think the way the Cats defense plays and the will of Murray, the Cats will be in every game this year. But like Vim and others have pointed out, we lost because of recurring issues, mainly in my opinion any sort of consistency, especially in the passing game (duh). Red zone struggles were atrocious as well.

I think the Cats offense is more potent than people give it credit for. The Cats averaged 6.02 yard per play, which was 4th in the Big Sky behind Sac State, EWU and UC Davis.

Some consistency and better red zone offense could easily propel the Cats into the playoffs. But how?

Honest prediction: 6-5 because I won't pick them against the Griz.
I think the Coatche gets off the losing train and justifies his extension, but just barely.

Losses:
SDSU
Eastern
Idaho
Weber
Montana

kemajic said:
VimSince03 said:
In my mind, last season doesn't mean anything other than we lost 6 games to some very good competition and won 5 games against some mediocre competition. It will come down to Murray...and possibly transfer QB Travis Jonsen because I do not expect Murray to stay healthy all year.
Finally, after a heavy dose of would, coulda, shoulda, a realistic post.
What part of 7-3 in the last 10 conference games with 2 wins over the grizz do you find unrealistic? What's your opinion on the Cats next season?

VS. Western Illinois- L
@ South Dakota State- L
VS. Wagner- W
@ Portland State- W
VS. Idaho- L
@ Weber State- L
@ Idaho State- W
VS Cal Poly- L
VS. Northern Colorado- L
@ Montana- L

jcu27 said:
VS. Western Illinois- L
@ South Dakota State- L
VS. Wagner- W
@ Portland State- W
VS. Idaho- L
@ Weber State- L
@ Idaho State- W
VS Cal Poly- L
VS. Northern Colorado- L
@ Montana- L
Wow! I hate the cats more then anyone else in the world and would love to see that happen but if they lose to Northern Colorado at home this year, then they should cancel their football program because that’s embarrassing.

garizzalies said:
VimSince03 said:
Meanwhile, Griz fans continue there rhetoric of calling the Bobcats "preseason champs" even though a large percentage of the Grizzly fanbase NEVER predicts less than an 8-3 record even given the obvious holes on the roster. I mean...doesn't that scream "preseason champs" also?
No. No, man, f*** no. In fact, I think you’d get your ass kicked saying something like that.

There’s 2 major differences.
First, we have history on our side and a better likelyhood to live up to it. Occasionally we actually live up to the hype. That has literally never happened for the cats.
Second, this is our site. Just look at the posts by poorcats in this thread. He comes on here to say the same god damn shit every year. Maybe there is some jackass that does that on your site, but the rest of us don’t come on there to excuse it.
And which team has more “obvious holes?”

So funny... Griz go 4-7 at best and cats go 8-3 at worst... Griz fans are dillusional.

garizzalies said:
VimSince03 said:
Meanwhile, Griz fans continue there rhetoric of calling the Bobcats "preseason champs" even though a large percentage of the Grizzly fanbase NEVER predicts less than an 8-3 record even given the obvious holes on the roster. I mean...doesn't that scream "preseason champs" also?
No. No, man, f*** no. In fact, I think you’d get your ass kicked saying something like that.

First, we have history on our side and a better likelyhood to live up to it. Occasionally we actually live up to the hype. That has literally never happened for the cats.
Second, this is our site. Just look at the posts by poorcats in this thread. He comes on here to say the same god damn shit every year. Maybe there is some jackass that does that on your site, but the rest of us don’t come on there to excuse it.

So funny... Griz go 4-7 at best and cats go 8-3 at worst... Griz fans are dillusional.

Montanabob said:
garizzalies said:
VimSince03 said:

YES! Thank you for proving my point! And right on que

You were saying, WeeWeeSince03...?

Montana State is the Idaho vandals of Montana , And the Grizzlies are the Boise state Broncos . MSU's fans are dilusional, as is their team. If I could live any where but North Idaho I would be a Rancher in the Tabaco Root mountins And be a Ewu, and Grizzlie fan. Protect the RED!!!

Both the Griz and the cats could very well start the season 1-2. If so I’m saying the cats go 6-5 and Montana 7-4 putting Montana at 6-2 in conference play and the cats at 5-3. Big home openers for both these teams... :ugeek:

Montanabob said:
garizzalies said:
VimSince03 said:

I'll take that bet! $500?

jcu27 said:
Cats at best go 5-6.. However I think they go 3-8

Want to put some money down on this? $100 to the charity of the winners choice...Cats go 5-6 or worse, you win...Do better...I win

Copied from another thread. 7-4 worst case:

We start with Western Illinois, then at SDSU, then home against Wagner, then at PSU, then EWU. I think we're at 3-1 heading into EWU but yes it's possible we could be 2-2. I just don't see the Cats losing to Western Illinois at home, Gold Rush, Thursday night game, season opener against a rock solid opponent. That crowd will be nuts and I predict will propel Cats to the W. Might then be a letdown at SDSU, then we beat Wagner at home and beat PSU on the road. I have us dropping one of the games against EWU and ID but I'm glad we have them both at home. Probably lose a tough one at Weber, then we beat ISU, CP, and UNC heading into Cat\griz. It's going to be a fun season. :thumb:

poorgriz said:

We start with Western Illinois, then at SDSU, then home against Wagner, then at PSU, then EWU. I think we're at 3-1 heading into EWU but yes it's possible we could be 2-2. I just don't see the Cats losing to Western Illinois at home, Gold Rush, Thursday night game, season opener against a rock solid opponent. That crowd will be nuts and I predict will propel Cats to the W. Might then be a letdown at SDSU, then we beat Wagner at home and beat PSU on the road. I have us dropping one of the games against EWU and ID but I'm glad we have them both at home. Probably lose a tough one at Weber, then we beat ISU, CP, and UNC heading into Cat\griz. It's going to be a fun season. :thumb:

The Bobcats....a great team in their fans' eyes every May, June July and 1st half of August. Appear to have things headed the right direction but you'd think one of these years their fans might just wait until they prove it on the field.

A "Gold Rush" question.....are they ever going to wear gold T-Shirts for that one? The connotation of "yellow" isn't a good one for a rough and tumble FB team.

garizzalies said:
VimSince03 said:
No. No, man, Fuck no. In fact, I think you’d get your ass kicked saying something like that.

You got a case of the Mondays, Gariz? :lol: :lol: :lol:

CatzWillRise said:
I think the way the Cats defense plays and the will of Murray, the Cats will be in every game this year. But like Vim and others have pointed out, we lost because of recurring issues, mainly in my opinion any sort of consistency, especially in the passing game (duh). Red zone struggles were atrocious as well.

I think the Cats offense is more potent than people give it credit for. The Cats averaged 6.02 yard per play, which was 4th in the Big Sky behind Sac State, EWU and UC Davis.

Some consistency and better red zone offense could easily propel the Cats into the playoffs. But how?

Dont turn the ball over.

Mousegriz said:
poorgriz said:

The Bobcats....a great team in their fans' eyes every May, June July and 1st half of August. Appear to have things headed the right direction but you'd think one of these years their fans might just wait until they prove it on the field.

A "Gold Rush" question.....are they ever going to wear gold T-Shirts for that one? The connotation of "yellow" isn't a good one for a rough and tumble FB team.

Their program has perpetually been heading in the right direction.

Back