• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Eastern 2018 Preview

Griz til I die

DONOR
With a ton of talent returning, Eastern IMO is primed for a big season. The only good receiver they lost was Nic Sblendorio, but other then that everybody else is back. Also Eastern finally got an 11th game on the schedule.
VS. Central Washington-W
@ Northern Arizona-W
@ Washington State-L, but close. Coughs aren’t gonna be very good next year
VS. Cal Poly- W
@ Montana State-W
VS. Southern Utah- W
@ Weber State- L
VS. Idaho- W
@ Northern Colorado- W
VS. UC Davis- W
@ Portland State- W
My prediction: 9-2. Kind of a soft schedule with lots of talent returning. That’s my prediction, how about you guys?

VS. Central Washington-W
@ Northern Arizona-W/L
@ Washington State-L
VS. Cal Poly- W
@ Montana State-W
VS. Southern Utah- W
@ Weber State- W
VS. Idaho- W/L
@ Northern Colorado- W
VS. UC Davis- W
@ Portland State- W
My prediction: 9-2 has to be the expectation in meth land. Idaho and NAU might put up a fight but both are favorites for EWU...I guess they win 1 but they could win both. They could easily be a top 5 team come playoff time.

Damn, that is the weakest schedule they have played in years and they are a serious top 10 ten preseason. 10-1 or 9-2 if they stumble.

8-3 they will drop one no one saw coming. They do have a good schedule with all those returning starters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope we do as well as predicted. The OL is solid,Dl is a lot better than last year with Taluli healthy, Keith Moure is a legit D-1 FBS type player. We had a lot of injuries last year on the DL with no depth and it showed. The question will be if we can throw deep, and catch the ball on crutial downs. Gubrud is a really good QB, however Cooper, kendrick, and Shaq caught a lot of mediocre balls. We should be able to run the ball better than last year giving our D the needed rest. Field position is huge I don't believe any team has a punter comparable to Idaho. Their kicking game is solid, probably best in league. Idaho will follow the Seahawks formula from last year, their OL is so horrible combined with a QB ? I believe that to be great in the BSC you have to have a duel threat QB and score lots of points. I just believe the Vandals haven't really learned to be a consistant winer. Wheather you guyes believe it or not , Montana has tradition, And no matter how good you gyes feel you are, Montana week at Eastern is bigger than any other prep week. You have tradition and that is what always makes you dangerous . Protect the Red!!!

If msu goes 1-2 to start the season they will need the ewu game. Will be one hell of a football game in bozo.

nzone said:
If msu goes 1-2 to start the season they will need the ewu game. Will be one hell of a football game in bozo.

It will probably be an epic brawl regardless. It's actually the 5th game of the season. We start with Western Illinois, then at SDSU, then home against Wagner, then at PSU, then EWU. I think we're at 3-1 heading into EWU but yes it's possible we could be 2-2. I just don't see the Cats losing to Western Illinois at home, Gold Rush, Thursday night game, season opener against a rock solid opponent. That crowd will be nuts and I predict will propel Cats to the W. Might then be a letdown at SDSU, then we beat Wagner at home and beat PSU on the road. I have us dropping one of the games against EWU and ID but I'm glad we have them both at home. Probably lose a tough one at Weber, then we beat ISU, CP, and UNC heading into Cat\griz. It's going to be a fun season. :thumb:

Eags finally have a manageable schedule this year...I’d guess no worse than 8-3. Eastern returns almost everyone and if they can get good DLine play Eastern will be really, really good. Eastern should benefit a lot this year as they played a ton Of freshman and sophomores the last two seasons

Sure as hell wish the Griz were on the schedule, just doesn’t seem right...

IdaEag92 said:
Their kicking game is solid, probably best in league. Idaho will follow the Seahawks formula from last year, their OL is so horrible combined with a QB ? I believe that to be great in the BSC you have to have a duel threat QB and score lots of points. I just believe the Vandals haven't really learned to be a consistant winer.

I would argue that they have gotten consistently better at wining.

statler & waldorf said:
They must have found that $5.8M somewhere, other than that CWU wouldn't be coming to Cheney for the first game. What's the deficit now?

There must be a lot of confidence the new AD will be able to drum up some money. The one area of need (donations) may have finally been addressed with EWU's hire. The old AD leaving may have resulted in an upgrade...

footballdood said:
statler & waldorf said:
They must have found that $5.8M somewhere, other than that CWU wouldn't be coming to Cheney for the first game. What's the deficit now?

There must be a lot of confidence the new AD will be able to drum up some money. The one area of need (donations) may have finally been addressed with EWU's hire. The old AD leaving may have resulted in an upgrade...

Bingo...so far the new AD has said and done things right. Eastern may have hit a home run with the hire but time will tell...so far so good

Hate to say it but the e-gals will win the BSC this year. Pretty easily, too

But don’t fret, Marc, you’ll get that game with the Griz this year.......in the playoffs

Idaho hasn't become a consistant winner, check out their winning percentage over the past 20 years, about .333 in that ballpark I believe. When the Grizzlies or Eagles take the field they have built a tradition and expectation in the program where each team protects the home field and believes they still have a chance to win even if their behind with little time on the clock. Idaho has a revolving door of presidents who don't support athletics, and coaches who leave after one good year. The only reason Coach Patrino will stay two more years is so his son Mason can be the star QB, and thats only if AD Rob Spears, and Patrino survives the latest title 9 infraction where a football player allegedly assaulted a female athleate and covered it up. There's a lot of termoil up here in Moscow creating a enviroment not condusive to a successful season. The Vandals will be like a box of chockaletes, you just don't know what your going to get. Im a native Idahoen, loud and proud dad of a Eagle football player, hope we give the vandals a good old fashioned whoopin. Good luck to the Griz Nation on takeing on the Tiger cats or minnie kitties, what ever you call them to the woodshed. Youall have a class program and if you want to know how respected your football team is just show up in Cheney on Montana week, you are truely a Rival!!! Protect the Red!!!

Idaho hasn't become a consistant winner, check out their winning percentage over the past 20 years, about .333 in that ballpark I believe. When the Grizzlies or Eagles take the field they have built a tradition and expectation in the program where each team protects the home field and believes they still have a chance to win even if their behind with little time on the clock. Idaho has a revolving door of presidents who don't support athletics, and coaches who leave after one good year. The only reason Coach Patrino will stay two more years is so his son Mason can be the star QB, and thats only if AD Rob Spears, and Patrino survives the latest title 9 infraction where a football player allegedly assaulted a female athleate and covered it up. There's a lot of termoil up here in Moscow creating a enviroment not condusive to a successful season. The Vandals will be like a box of chockaletes, you just don't know what your going to get. Im a native Idahoen, loud and proud dad of a Eagle football player, hope we give the vandals a good old fashioned whoopin. Good luck to the Griz Nation on takeing on the Tiger cats or minnie kitties, what ever you call them to the woodshed. Youall have a class program and if you want to know how respected your football team is just show up in Cheney on Montana week, you are truely a Rival!!! Protect the Red!!!

Back