• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Chris Favoroso Leaving

MiningCityGrizFan said:
Spanky2 said:
Paytonlives said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Well unless merkle completely made up his story about Baer, I’d say we can put this one squarely on him. Yes, Chris could have decided to fight through the adversity and try to prove them wrong and hopefully win the job back if Baer was gonna give him a fair chance, but it sounds like he was one, being forced into a position change that probably didn’t suit him, two, severely insulted about the caliber of player he is, and three, graduating anyway and can probably play almost anywhere in the country, including several FBS schools. Sure, you have to earn respect and a job but I think he had mostly done that and definitely didn’t deserve complete disrespect.

True... If thats what happened.
It’s called football! Too bad his feelings were hurt. Good luck to him.
No. That’s not called football. That’s someone with a massive ego and piss poor people management skills. It's also someone who isn't taking his job seriously.

He seriously didn’t even know who Favoroso was? Or what position he played? Or how he contributed last season? Or bother to explain why, after arguably being the most productive edge rusher, he was being moved to the interior line? Or why he was listed third on the depth chart?

And after an entire spring football season Baer didn't bother recognize his initial mistakes and repair his relationship with Favoroso?

All of this is a huge red flag. I'm afraid it demonstrates that Baer is not taking his job seriously. That he believes he’s doing the program a favor just by coaching here and that the players on the roster are unimportant, interchangeable pawns on his chessboard.

How many of the best players on the roster have to leave before there is some accountability? And how deeply will hell have to freeze over before Haslam will share the insights from Gresch and Favoroso’s exit interviews?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sammy Sosa....."Ho Ruuuun". Baer is a dip shit. I Coaching is motivating and finding out what makes a kid tick, bringing out his absolute potential. Baer is just an egotistical prick who doesn't give a shit. I hope Chris goes on to dominate wherever he lands. We lost a high potential all conference DE.

Stop_HammerTime69 said:
kemajic said:
MiningCityGrizFan said:
Spanky2 said:
No. That’s not called football. That’s someone with a massive ego and piss poor people management skills. It's also someone who isn't taking his job seriously.

He seriously didn’t even know who Favoroso was? Or what position he played? Or how he contributed last season? Or bother to explain why, after arguably being the most productive edge rusher, he was being moved to the interior line? Or why he was listed third on the depth chart?

And after an entire spring football season Baer didn't bother recognize his initial mistakes and repair his relationship with Favoroso?

All of this is a huge red flag. I'm afraid it demonstrates that Baer is not taking his job seriously. That he believes he’s doing the program a favor just by coaching here and that the players on the roster are unimportant, interchangeable pawns on his chessboard.

How many of the best players on the roster have to leave before there is some accountability? And how deeply will hell have to freeze over before Haslam will share the insights from Gresch and Favoroso’s exit interviews?
Chill; this happens with every HC transition. Pointing fingers at Baer over hearsay is little more than reactionary. Like Jenson, he will be replaced with someone that wants to be here. Hauck has never had a defense at Montana that didn't have really good DEs. Favoroso had a good half season, but calling him one "of the best players on the roster" is a bit of a stretch.

Without a doubt this happens during every transition, but at the same time, chasing off 2 successful starters is not a good look.

And while Hauck had great DEs last time he was here, that doesn’t say a damn thing about the 2018 season. We have what we have, and we are shallow in pretty much all positions but WR now. Just because Hauck is here that doesn’t mean we magically return to a playoff perennial.

I pretty much agree, but they didn’t seem to be starters in spring ball, for whatever reason. Without taking sides here, and I don’t know many of the facts, especially on the latest one, but why would coaches drive off guys they thought would be starters or all conference? How would you explain that? Also, I assume both offensive and defensive schemes have changed, perhaps significantly.

I agree that both of these guys are big losses.

PlayerRep said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:
kemajic said:
MiningCityGrizFan said:

Chill; this happens with every HC transition. Pointing fingers at Baer over hearsay is little more than reactionary. Like Jenson, he will be replaced with someone that wants to be here. Hauck has never had a defense at Montana that didn't have really good DEs. Favoroso had a good half season, but calling him one "of the best players on the roster" is a bit of a stretch.

Without a doubt this happens during every transition, but at the same time, chasing off 2 successful starters is not a good look.

And while Hauck had great DEs last time he was here, that doesn’t say a damn thing about the 2018 season. We have what we have, and we are shallow in pretty much all positions but WR now. Just because Hauck is here that doesn’t mean we magically return to a playoff perennial.

I pretty much agree, but they didn’t seem to be starters in spring ball, for whatever reason. Without taking sides here, and I don’t know many of the facts, especially on the latest one, but why would coaches drive off guys they thought would be starters or all conference? How would you explain that? Also, I assume both offensive and defensive schemes have changed, perhaps significantly.

I agree that both of these guys are big losses.

They wouldn't. Period. This thread is so full of myths, hearsay, urban legends, and lies it's ridiculous.

BH is a seasoned Division 1 football coach. I'm having a hard time figuring out why so many on here choose to fully believe an anonymous message board poster, or posters even.

Dutch Lane said:
AZGrizFan said:
I’d comment on this thread, but the last thing I want to do is come on here and criticize coach Baer.

Really, and change your m.o.? He was a Stitt guy you know :roll:

Dude, you are like shooting fish in a barrel... :cool: :cool:

The good thing is that, with his old-school negative reinforcement and all, Baer takes it like a man when he gets his walking papers.

Jay Hill at Weber is a good coach. Even though he went 2-6 his first year, he's a good coach. He went 5-3 is second year, and went 6-2 in his third and made the playoffs. Last year he was 7-1 and made the quarterfinals.

I believe Choate is a good coach. He went 2-6 his first year and 5-3 last year. Based on the Cats 7-3 record in the last 10, I think 6-2 with a playoff appearance is a reasonable expectation for this year.

BH is a good coach but 2-6 is a real possibility for this year. IMHO you guys are a handful of injuries from that result. The difference between the grizz and the two Cat teams referenced, is I'm not sure this fanbase can keep perspective and successfully manage that type of season without a complete and total meltdown.

Stitt hurt you guys. BH can't fix the mess in his first year.

ABQCat said:
Jay Hill at Weber is a good coach. Even though he went 2-6 his first year, he's a good coach. He went 5-3 is second year, and went 6-2 in his third and made the playoffs. Last year he was 7-1 and made the quarterfinals.

I believe Choate is a good coach. He went 2-6 his first year and 5-3 last year. Based on the Cats 7-3 record in the last 10, I think 6-2 with a playoff appearance is a reasonable expectation for this year.

BH is a good coach but 2-6 is a real possibility for this year. IMHO you guys are a handful of injuries from that result. The difference between the grizz and the two Cat teams referenced, is I'm not sure this fanbase can keep perspective and successfully manage that type of season without a complete and total meltdown.

Stitt hurt you guys. BH can't fix the mess in his
Choate seems to be a good coach. Usually, it is difficult to get enough good players to attend MSU to have good teams. Can Choate overcome this challenge?

HookedonGriz said:
MiningCityGrizFan said:
Spanky2 said:
Paytonlives said:
True... If thats what happened.

Sammy Sosa....."Ho Ruuuun". Baer is a dip shit. I Coaching is motivating and finding out what makes a kid tick, bringing out his absolute potential. Baer is just an egotistical prick who doesn't give a shit. I hope Chris goes on to dominate wherever he lands. We lost a high potential all conference DE.

Agreed. I think Baer is a cancer, and have since day 1 based on some coaching friends I have. It’s wharever at this point obviously. I’m also sick of the “last time BH was here” bull crap. Yes there is always turnover, but if those with Bobby in the mouth can’t see there’s something not quite right, are only fooling themselves.

ABQCat said:

I had to capture your 2-6 post for future reference. If I didn’t know a damn thing about the Griz but listened to only the whining here then I might guess we’d be 2-6 as well. The Griz are very talented overall and have some depth issues at corner and o-line. At the FCS level it is pretty common to lack depth at a few positions. As such, nearly every team is a key injury or two away from a poor season. Using that logic it is a real possibility that the cats finish 2-6. Will your fans be able to handle that?

go96griz said:
ABQCat said:

I had to capture your 2-6 post for future reference. If I didn’t know a damn thing about the Griz but listened to only the whining here then I might guess we’d be 2-6 as well. The Griz are very talented overall and have some depth issues at corner and o-line. At the FCS level it is pretty common to lack depth at a few positions. As such, nearly every team is a key injury or two away from a poor season. Using that logic it is a real possibility that the cats finish 2-6. Will your fans be able to handle that?

Choate would get another extension. As long as one of those 2 wins was against the Griz.

AZDoc said:
HookedonGriz said:
MiningCityGrizFan said:
Spanky2 said:

Agreed. I think Baer is a cancer, and have since day 1 based on some coaching friends I have. It’s wharever at this point obviously. I’m also sick of the “last time BH was here” bull crap. Yes there is always turnover, but if those with Bobby in the mouth can’t see there’s something not quite right, are only fooling themselves.

If Baer was a cancer, BH would never hard hired him. I assume BH has a lot more coaching friends than you do. It is isn't bull crap to talk about the last time BH was at UM. It is very useful data. My view is that most of negative stuff is coming from people who have a hard-on for BH. Not criticizing you, but obviously don't agree with much of your post.

AZDoc said:
HookedonGriz said:
MiningCityGrizFan said:
Spanky2 said:

There is far less "something not quite right" than before BH got here.

PlayerRep said:
If Baer was a cancer, BH would never hard hired him. I assume BH has a lot more coaching friends than you do. It is isn't bull crap to talk about the last time BH was at UM. It is very useful data. My view is that most of negative stuff is coming from people who have a hard-on for BH. Not criticizing you, but obviously don't agree with much of your post.
A hard-on for BH or butthurt for the end of the Stitt era, which was always just another year away from success.

ABQCat said:

I call BS to your comment that UM is just a few injuries away from 2-6. With the new JC qb, I don't see any injuries as being devastating. I don't agree with all the weak depth stuff either. Safety depth has been improved in the past month. O-line has a lot of big, talented and athletic lineman. Just inexperienced. Frosh and sops have stepped up big for the Griz in the past. Corner has a bunch of athletic kids with good size. They will be fine, I believe, and I don't see the new defensive scheme leaving the corners out on an island by themselves.

Some Cat posters, especially trolls like you, just desperately want the Griz to be bad and Hauck to struggle, which colors your posts and view of reality.

kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
A hard-on for BH or butthurt for the end of the Stitt era, which was always just another year away from success.

Good point.

Why wouldn't Favorosa have gone to talk to his d-line coach, especially if some people weren't warming up to the DC? The position coach would have known more about Favorosa and know exactly what was going on. Why talk to the DC? Doesn't make sense to me. A new DC coming to a school wouldn't just impose his view on a player, before spring ball even started. Something else had to be going on, is my instinct. But, nor is there any known explanation or reason for Favorosa not being treated well

AZGrizFan said:
Dutch Lane said:
AZGrizFan said:
I’d comment on this thread, but the last thing I want to do is come on here and criticize coach Baer.

Admiral, you need to site in your scope again. Lol. (Got an idea you for you, why don’t you start disparaging anyone who disagrees with you on this one and call em ”Baersuckers” you can trade mark that one too.) :lol:

Dutch Lane said:
AZGrizFan said:
Dutch Lane said:
AZGrizFan said:

Admiral, you need to site in your scope again. Lol. (Got an idea you for you, why don’t you start disparaging anyone who disagrees with you on this one and call em ”Baersuckers” you can trade mark that one too.) :lol:

Nah..you go ahead with that one...it doesn’t roll off the tongue like Haucksuckers does... :thumb:

kemajic said:
AZDoc said:
HookedonGriz said:
MiningCityGrizFan said:

There is far less "something not quite right" than before BH got here.

I think they will be more fundamentally sound, which is a plus, but I think this year is going to be less than ideal. My problem really isn’t with BH at all...I really, really don’t like Baer. I know the D-line coach Barry Sacks, and unless he’s changed 180 degrees, his players love him. Those 2 coaches, though, if we are to believe the post earlier, is why CF has left. That reflects poorly on them, the team, and ultimately head coach BH.

Back