• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Murray out for 2018 season!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
caaf974b72c16b5f8853e04a5e756213--nyan-cat-funny-cats.jpg

Going to get interesting over there.

Jonsen seems to be next viable candidate, but he’s still healing up from falling on ice and may need more time. Rovig struggled badly in the spring and needs more time. They have 2 true freshman coming in the fall (Beltran and Bauman) who may compete. There is rumor of Troy Anderson taking snaps too. He may be their best option right now.

Puts a damper on their BSC title and playoff hopes. But by the time we play them whoever replaces Murray will be neither raw or in need of more development. All Griz fans have to do is recall Dave Dickenson's first appearance. I may be more wary of the Cat's now.

signedbewildered said:
Blessing in disguise?

He was a one trick pony, take away running and he was in big trouble. A mobile passing QB (rather than a running back who can kind of throw) will be much tougher to defend Cats just haven't had one to knock him out. They sure might with the ones they now have.

Apparently a football isn't the only thing he has trouble passing. :cool:

Addition by subtraction for the Bobcats?

HookedonGriz said:
Going to get interesting over there.

Jonsen seems to be next viable candidate, but he’s still healing up from falling on ice and may need more time. Rovig struggled badly in the spring and needs more time. They have 2 true freshman coming in the fall (Beltran and Bauman) who may compete. There is rumor of Troy Anderson taking snaps too. He may be their best option right now.

Can’t imagine they start a true frosh vs Western Ill and South Dakota

0-2

Gaeilge1 said:
Puts a damper on their BSC title and playoff hopes. But by the time we play them whoever replaces Murray will be neither raw or in need of more development. All Griz fans have to do is recall Dave Dickenson's first appearance. I may be more wary of the Cat's now.

You don’t have Dave D over there, more like Dave Letterman

HookedonGriz said:
Well everyone says he can’t pass....guess that counts for classes too? Too soon?

Nope. On BCN:

Re: Chris Murray OUT for 2018 Season
Post by Phat Daddy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:02 pm

Let me guess.....he had 3 classes this summer, but could only complete one. :D I'll show myself out.

Paytonlives said:
Gaeilge1 said:

I don't think Dave Letterman ever played for The Cats...I think he went to a college in Indiana, and not sure he played football

SACCAT66 said:
Paytonlives said:
Gaeilge1 said:

I don't think Dave Letterman ever played for The Cats...I think he went to a college in Indiana, and not sure he played football

Exactly

On one hand this probably makes them better

On the other hand, if we lose to them it will probably be in slightly less embarrassing fashion

Paytonlives said:
SACCAT66 said:
Paytonlives said:
Gaeilge1 said:

Exactly

Not really...We don't have anyone named David Letterman on the team, unless he just signed, but I haven't seen any news of it yet.

Montana State starting QB Murray will miss 2018 season for academic reasons
https://skylinesportsmt.com/montana-state-starting-qb-murray-will-miss-2018-season-for-academic-reasons/

SACCAT66 said:
Paytonlives said:
SACCAT66 said:
Paytonlives said:

Exactly

Not really...We don't have anyone named David Letterman on the team, unless he just signed, but I haven't seen any news of it yet.

PWO from Choteau. He has 4 years or 48 monologues of eligibility left. With Pepp gone, Choate heard this guys has been kicking hell out of the right for years, but thinks he can coach him into a centrist. Guy doesn't care if laces are in or out.

dirtysoup said:
Since he hasn't redshirted will he still have 2 years if he comes back next year?

Yes he will take a redshirt year. This is actually interesting because if he was declared academically ineligible (which is where this was heading) I’m not sure he can use a red shirt. Since they are pro actively sitting him out (due to academics and the fact that he was going to be ineligible) now they can redshirt him. Does anyone know for sure...could he redshirt either way or is this Choate being crafty?

I believe if you redshirt, you still have to be acedemically eligible, unless there will be no contact with the team (completely off the team for a year). Otherwise, why give him a scholarship? I bet that’s whats really going on here. They’re calling it a redshirt year but actually it’s not because he can’t have team contact. I think they pulled his scholly for a year because he didn’t live up to his end of the bargain. Now he has to “focus on acedemics” which is a euphemism for what I described (no team contact). Not a real RS, but still has 3 to play 2. Just a guess tho.

dirtysoup said:
Since he hasn't redshirted will he still have 2 years if he comes back next year?

There's no way he ever starts at QB for them again. 2018 gives them a season to develop someone who can pass the ball. Murray would be smart to start training at WR right away. Or transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back