• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Murray out for 2018 season!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to see what classes Murray would have to take at MSU. Health and Human Performance, Kinesiology Option:

Freshman year:
College Chemistry
Into to Coaching
Pre-Calculus
Intro to Psychology
Foundations of Exercise Science
College Writing
University Core
Intro to Public Speaking
Basic Human Nutrition

Sophomore year:
Anatomy and Physiology
College Physics
Principles of Living Systems
Exercise Program for Older Adults
Statistics
Directed electives, electives, and University Core

Departmental requirement to maintain a 'C' average.

I sure do hate it when shit like classes and grades get in the way of a successful college experience.

reinell30 said:
Looks like Rueben Beltran will take over as the number One guy now.

Jonsen will be their go to guy if he’s fully recovered from the fall (heard his recovery taking longer than planned). After that it’s anyone’s guess...Rovig, Bauman, Beltran, May. I think if Rovig struggles then Bauman has the most potential.

HookedonGriz said:
reinell30 said:

Jonsen will be their go to guy if he’s fully recovered from the fall (heard his recovery taking longer than planned). After that it’s anyone’s guess...Rovig, Bauman, Beltran, May. I think if Rovig struggles then Bauman has the most potential.

May was moved to safety post-fall camp 2017...so he is out.

HookedonGriz said:
reinell30 said:

The head bobcat boosters around here told me it would be Beltran is why I stated this.

reinell30 said:
HookedonGriz said:
reinell30 said:

The head bobcat boosters around here told me it would be Beltran is why I stated this.

Kid looks to have potential, but I’d be pretty surprised if they started a true freshman who had no other D1 offers. He is dual threat though

reinell30 said:
HookedonGriz said:
reinell30 said:

Not to throw down a juicy rumor but that is incorrect...based off what I've been told. Will Ruben be in the mix? Yes...along with Casey Bauman, Tucker Rovig, Travis Jonsen, and...dare I say it...Troy Andersen. Based on further conversations, it may be Troy's job to lose.

This guy should start for the Cats.
6_5270844.jpg

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Probably makes them better, that guy sucks.

That being said....the new format over on Bobcat nation is HORRIBLE!!!!! Whos idea was that??

You do realize it’s almost identical to egriz in the setup, just obviously with different colors on it. Unless you’re being sarcastic there, can’t tell...

Here's the full audio from Choate's conference call with myself and Greg Rachac of the Billings Gazette

Big Sky Breakdown: Montana State head coach Jeff Choate on Chris Murray missing 2018 season
https://skylinesportsmt.com/big-sky-breakdown-montana-state-head-coach-jeff-choate-on-chris-murray-missing-2018-season/

HookedonGriz said:
reinell30 said:
HookedonGriz said:
reinell30 said:

Kid looks to have potential, but I’d be pretty surprised if they started a true freshman who had no other D1 offers. He is dual threat though

I'd be surprised by this too, but don't all three of those things describe Chris Murray, too (started as a true freshman, no other D1 offers, dual-threat)?

VimSince03 said:
HookedonGriz said:
reinell30 said:

MSUbobcats.com roster now says he is a QB and will be competing for the position...

SACCAT66 said:
VimSince03 said:
HookedonGriz said:
reinell30 said:

MSUbobcats.com roster now says he is a QB and will be competing for the position...

https://msubobcats.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4016

I see him listed as a safety (which is where he will compete in 2018). I also see his 2017 description as "in competition for time at QB". He was moved to safety after fall camp in 2017. The website has not updated his 2018 description yet.

VimSince03 said:
SACCAT66 said:
VimSince03 said:
HookedonGriz said:

https://msubobcats.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4016

I see him listed as a safety (which is where he will compete in 2018). I also see his 2017 description as "in competition for time at QB". He was moved to safety after fall camp in 2017. The website has not updated his 2018 description yet.

My bad...Must have been what I saw.

Years one and two, in whatever area of study, are laying a foundation for years three and four, when it gets downright serious. Either he is not college material academically, in which case he'd be a academic liability to the program and they'd get rid of him, or he doesn't have the self discipline to complete the curriculum. He has a year to figure it out and patch up his transcript. No more football in Bozeman, either way, is my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back