• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Murray out for 2018 season!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all reality, I thought Jonsen would win this job before Spring. He is a major talent with his feet and arm as a former 4 star guy. If that foot is healed then this creates a clear path for him without a nasty competition that could split the team. Also gives Murray a redshirt year to develop and mature. He was even young for his class. He could become the starter if he gets his academics in order after Jonsen graduates now that he is redshirting. Might be a good thing for them but there are definitely some question marks there much like the Griz QBs. Too many unknowns today to say if this will be good or not for them.

ABQCat said:
This guy should start for the Cats.
6_5270844.jpg

You mean that chubby kid holding the clip board? I agree. He probably can throw a football better than anyone you got on the roster right meow

I’m gonna go out on a limb here like I did when I first posted in the spring, that Snead would start over Jensen, and was roundly rerided by all of the Jensen man-crushers (anybody remember that thread?), Snead if healthy will start at qb this fall, and Anderson, MSUs freshman lb/rb, and the best athlete to come out of the state this century, will now start at qb for the cats. (The Anderson perdiction is predicated on Choate and his staff continuing to run the program like a jr. high school team). :thumb:

AZGrizFan said:
I predict we never see Murray in a ‘Scat uniform again.

Yep. The only thing that could possibly keep him in bozo is a girl...

He'll end up transferring, and I could care less.

Things we know = chris murray > Jason Semore. Now, both are gone. Time for a new streak.

#RTD

garizzalies said:
ABQCat said:
6_5270844.jpg

You mean that chubby kid holding the clip board? I agree. He probably can throw a football better than anyone you got on the roster right meow
Perhaps. It's now a wide open competition in Bozeman. If the chubby kid was also a 4* recruit I'd say give him a chance.

Dutch Lane said:
I’m gonna go out on a limb here like I did when I first posted in the spring, that Snead would start over Jensen, and was roundly rerided by all of the Jensen man-crushers (anybody remember that thread?), Snead if healthy will start at qb this fall, and Anderson, MSUs freshman lb/rb, and the best athlete to come out of the state this century, will now start at qb for the cats. (The Anderson perdiction is predicated on Choate and his staff continuing to run the program like a jr. high school team). :thumb:

I do hate seeing anyone get reridden, I'll be honest with you.

ABQCat said:
garizzalies said:
ABQCat said:
6_5270844.jpg

Perhaps. It's now a wide open competition in Bozeman. If the chubby kid was also a 4* recruit I'd say give him a chance.

Yes a 4 Star who lost his spot to Prukop and then Herbert at Oregon, then dropped to JUCO and lost his starting spot there, too. You seem pretty excited about him though. Why does he keep losing his starting spot? Oh and before you get too excited, keep in mind Bruggeman was also a 4 Star once.

EverettGriz said:
Dutch Lane said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

bgbigdog said:
EverettGriz said:
Dutch Lane said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Never turn down a cowgirl reride!

HookedonGriz said:
ABQCat said:
garizzalies said:
ABQCat said:
6_5270844.jpg

Yes a 4 Star who lost his spot to Prukop and then Herbert at Oregon, then dropped to JUCO and lost his starting spot there, too. You seem pretty excited about him though. Why does he keep losing his starting spot? Oh and before you get too excited, keep in mind Bruggeman was also a 4 Star once.

Yes, the player that redshirted his freshman year at Oregon after having surgery on his toe. Then lost out to Prukop as a RS freshman (Prukop was good, whether Griz fans will admit it or not) and then Herbert eventually won the job and is being touted as one of college footballs top QB's this year.
Then he went to a CC that also had Vic Viramontes. They split time and Viramontes ended up going to Minnesota for this upcoming year.
The point is, he's had some pretty stiff competition the last couple years, so to say he's lost his starting spot and that means he can't cut it, isn't necessarily the full story. Will he blow everyone away and be great for the Cats? Who knows. Maybe, maybe not. He may never even see the field for them. But he seems to have a high upside that Cat fans are at least somewhat excited about, especially with today's news.

The Cats are no worse off than the Griz are right now at QB. A few guys that on paper look like they should compete, but no one really knows right now. Now maybe mid season that statment will look ridiculous and one of the Griz QB's is lighting it up, but neither fan base really knows what the hell to expect at the QB position this season.

Catsrgrood said:
HookedonGriz said:
ABQCat said:
garizzalies said:

Yes, the player that redshirted his freshman year at Oregon after having surgery on his toe. Then lost out to Prukop as a RS freshman (Prukop was good, whether Griz fans will admit it or not) and then Herbert eventually won the job and is being touted as one of college footballs top QB's this year.
Then he went to a CC that also had Vic Viramontes. They split time and Viramontes ended up going to Minnesota for this upcoming year.
The point is, he's had some pretty stiff competition the last couple years, so to say he's lost his starting spot and that means he can't cut it, isn't necessarily the full story. Will he blow everyone away and be great for the Cats? Who knows. Maybe, maybe not. He may never even see the field for them. But he seems to have a high upside that Cat fans are at least somewhat excited about, especially with today's news.

The Cats are no worse off than the Griz are right now at QB. A few guys that on paper look like they should compete, but no one really knows right now. Now maybe mid season that statment will look ridiculous and one of the Griz QB's is lighting it up, but neither fan base really knows what the hell to expect at the QB position this season.

The Griz are way better off than the Cats at QB. Don't you have only one QB who has thrown a pass in a college game, with 26 completions? Are I missing someone?

Please think before you post, and stop posting so much dumb stuff.

Catsrgrood said:
The Cats are no worse off than the Griz are right now at QB.
YES!! I fucking love you, bobcat fans—the gift that keeps on giving.

Bobcats have had exactly one good QB.

Ever.

This is like dejavu all over again. Anyone remember that cat/Griz game in Blowsman a few years ago where they were saying the same shit about some 4* washouts? I thought their names were Bugman and Rovin. There were 2 of them and both were supposed to be so awesome.

Anyway, I remember it was early in the game, maybe 1st drive, and the cats had the ball going south-by-south-by-southeast-by-south (in their crooked-ass stadiums), and his first real pass looked like my first goose when I was 11 that I got with a 410ga (my dad had already winged it).

Easiest pick ever.

I turned to the old man and said, “this is going to be another fun day!” I think Colt had 2 or 3 picks that day?

garizzalies said:
Catsrgrood said:
YES!! I f***[*] love you, bobcat fans—the gift that keeps on giving.

Ever.

This is like dejavu all over again. Anyone remember that cat/Griz game in Blowsman a few years ago where they were saying the same shit about some 4* washouts? I thought their names were Bugman and Rovin. There were 2 of them and both were supposed to be so awesome.

Anyway, I remember it was early in the game, maybe 1st drive, and the cats had the ball going south-by-south-by-southeast-by-south (in their crooked-ass stadiums), and his first real pass looked like my first goose when I was 11 that I got with a 410ga (my dad had already winged it).

Easiest pick ever.

I turned to the old man and said, “this is going to be another fun day!” I think Colt had 2 or 3 picks that day?

In your mind who is the one good one ever...Lulay, McGhee,Prukop?

I will fully own that I deserve those replies. I definitely worded it wrong and it came across badly. My main point is really more that neither team knows much about their QB’s right now heading into the season. JUCO transfers and young unproven players on both squads. If you told either fan base at the end of this last season that the QB position would be up for grabs like this going into the upcoming season, few would have believed it.

SACCAT66 said:
garizzalies said:
Catsrgrood said:

Ever.

Easiest pick ever.

It’s not just my mind. There’s no debate. I’m talking about actual QBs, not whatever the hell position BlackJesus and Oceans’8 played. Ain’t ole BJ the RB position coach meow? Hmmm..meow

2cats&acup was talented but such a doosh that he never was a huge threat. Always put himself before the team and tx’d to the only team with a mascot animal less scary than a kitten

It’s the original Red Rifle. All day. Only one who played the position the way it’s supposed to be played

CatsTruckGriz said:
Catsrgrood said:

Fake news. Much worse off.

I thought that statement was odd as well. What he seems to be implying is Murray lost his starting job to another player that outperformed him.

That's called competition, not grades.

Even Chote is seizing the moment. Odd I thought he said he was excited now that Chris was no longer in the picture, that this fall will be like no other watching several players actually compete and win the starting position. Why is that a first?

Good idea Bobby.

garizzalies said:
SACCAT66 said:
garizzalies said:
Catsrgrood said:

Ever.

Easiest pick ever.

It’s not just my mind. There’s no debate. I’m talking about actual QBs, not whatever the hell position BlackJesus and Oceans’8 played. Ain’t ole BJ the RB position coach meow? Hmmm..meow

2cats&acup was talented but such a doosh that he never was a huge threat. Always put himself before the team and tx’d to the only team with a mascot animal less scary than a kitten

It’s the original Red Rifle. All day. Only one who played the position the way it’s supposed to be played

McGhee passed for over 10,000 yards and ran for over 1,000 in his career....That is pretty good. I think only like 20ish Qbs in history have done that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back