• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Murray out for 2018 season!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
..troy Andersen warming up in the bull pen...this is been rumored for weeks and has finally
come to light...old news!

Catsrgrood said:
I will fully own that I deserve those replies. I definitely worded it wrong and it came across badly. My main point is really more that neither team knows much about their QB’s right now heading into the season. JUCO transfers and young unproven players on both squads. If you told either fan base at the end of this last season that the QB position would be up for grabs like this going into the upcoming season, few would have believed it.

No, you are still wrong. UM knows a lot about Sneed, it's starter. He has been followed by Hauck and others for multiple years, and was recruited by them to UNLV. He started 6 or 7 games at UNLV (and Hauck et al are aware of that). He played at a JC last year. He has 2 seasons of college ball under his belt, most of which were as a starter. He had a good spring for the Griz, at or close to being the no. 1 qb.

The Cats now do not have a proven qb, or even anyone who has completed a pass in D-I. Don't think they even have a qb who was a starter for a full season at a JC or lower level.

How can you continue to post such nonsense? Sorry, you are either a complete troll and just plain stupid about football.

SACCAT66 said:
garizzalies said:
Catsrgrood said:
The Cats are no worse off than the Griz are right now at QB.
YES!! I f***[*] love you, bobcat fans—the gift that keeps on giving.

Bobcats have had exactly one good QB.

Ever.

This is like dejavu all over again. Anyone remember that cat/Griz game in Blowsman a few years ago where they were saying the same shit about some 4* washouts? I thought their names were Bugman and Rovin. There were 2 of them and both were supposed to be so awesome.

Anyway, I remember it was early in the game, maybe 1st drive, and the cats had the ball going south-by-south-by-southeast-by-south (in their crooked-ass stadiums), and his first real pass looked like my first goose when I was 11 that I got with a 410ga (my dad had already winged it).

Easiest pick ever.

I turned to the old man and said, “this is going to be another fun day!” I think Colt had 2 or 3 picks that day?

In your mind who is the one good one ever...Lulay, McGhee,Prukop?
It was Bradley, or Erickson.

indian-outlaw said:
SACCAT66 said:
garizzalies said:
Catsrgrood said:

Ever.

This is like dejavu all over again. Anyone remember that cat/Griz game in Blowsman a few years ago where they were saying the same shit about some 4* washouts? I thought their names were Bugman and Rovin. There were 2 of them and both were supposed to be so awesome.

Anyway, I remember it was early in the game, maybe 1st drive, and the cats had the ball going south-by-south-by-southeast-by-south (in their crooked-ass stadiums), and his first real pass looked like my first goose when I was 11 that I got with a 410ga (my dad had already winged it).

Easiest pick ever.

I turned to the old man and said, “this is going to be another fun day!” I think Colt had 2 or 3 picks that day?

The Cats have had lots of terrific qb's. I wouldn't put Prukop in the same category as those other 4. Maybe with a senior year at MSU I would have. My top pick is Lulay.

indian-outlaw said:
SACCAT66 said:
garizzalies said:
Catsrgrood said:

Ever.

Easiest pick ever.

I really enjoyed Paul Dennehy. Bradley got a championship too but it's hard to not put Dennis up with both of them for all time favorites for me.

PlayerRep said:
Catsrgrood said:
I will fully own that I deserve those replies. I definitely worded it wrong and it came across badly. My main point is really more that neither team knows much about their QB’s right now heading into the season. JUCO transfers and young unproven players on both squads. If you told either fan base at the end of this last season that the QB position would be up for grabs like this going into the upcoming season, few would have believed it.

No, you are still wrong. UM knows a lot about Sneed, it's starter. He has been followed by Hauck and others for multiple years, and was recruited by them to UNLV. He started 6 or 7 games at UNLV (and Hauck et al are aware of that). He played at a JC last year. He has 2 seasons of college ball under his belt, most of which were as a starter. He had a good spring for the Griz, at or close to being the no. 1 qb.

The Cats now do not have a proven qb, or even anyone who has completed a pass in D-I. Don't think they even have a qb who was a starter for a full season at a JC or lower level.

How can you continue to post such nonsense? Sorry, you are either a complete troll and just plain stupid about football.

Relax PR

Not going to get into another debate about Sneed, you obviously are sold on the guy. He may be great, not saying he won’t be.

He transferred from a JUCO, correct?
My statement was both teams have mainly JUCO transfers and young unproven players at QB right now so it’s hard to really know what they have. Yes, Sneed played in spring ball, that’s more than the Cats know about Jonsen but we’ll see if it translates to the regular season.

Griz have what, 2 guys coming from JUCO, the young Alabama transfer and Graves, an incoming freshman at the QB position, right?
Cats have 1 JUCO kid, a young Rovig that’s entering his 2nd year, 2 incoming Freshman and Andersen, a sophomore who hasn’t thrown a college pass that will be competing at the QB position.
So no, I don’t think I’m wrong there, my statement was simply that both teams have JUCO and young, unproven guys coming in to compete a year after both teams thought they had the starting QB role settled for the next couple years. That’s a statement that I’m surprised that even you find a way to argue. But then again, you argue everything.

They have had some great qbs. I haven’t followed them much for the last 10 years but it seems like they have gone away from the classic D1 qb who is a strong passer and a decent run threat. I get the impression that Derius is the prototype now and copies of him are hard to come by. I think they would be a better offensive team then last year if Troy is permentantly named qb. We all know he is big strong fast smart talented etc....2 state chippers in high school, watch his hudl tape that vim and I were discusssing as a senior he had 1500 yds passsing 12 yds, 800 rushing while playing both ways. Toward the end of the tape he rolls right from behind the 35 and throws a strike across his body into a tight window in the end zone. Um that was a really high level pass. He will be a beast to run the ball but I also think he’s going to be more comfortable throwing first. This quy was a beast linebacker now he’s going be running over them as a qb. I hope Chris can get things together but it’s pretty sink or swim at programs now. If they let Troy play qb and not try to limit his throws around the offense like they did with Murray, he and they will be tough for the next three years. And if Murray comes back at rb or slot he makes them even better. So now the guy who got recruited to play lb, and after two days of fall ball TG tells choate he’s too valuable to waste at lb and then plays both through out the season, 2 rushing tds against the griz, and now they make him qb and if they also play him some at lb too well it’s just like freaking jr. hi was like, let’s move everybody around because we volunteer coach3s have no idea what we are doing and have know clue what kind of talent we have. If this works out for them they just f****** stumbled into, it will say nothing about the coaching skill other then I have to give choate credit he is under enough pressure to keep taking chances with a true freshman and so far it has paid off in spades. Its still kind of a Forest Gump thing though. Choate isn’t going to make Troy a great or good qb, Troy is gonna make choate a great or good coach. Smh. Does anyone remember when Jim Kelly chose Miami or penn st because he wanted to play qb, all the penn st. hands still talk about what a great lb he would have been playing for the nitty lions. :thumb:

There is no question that Montana is stronger at the QB position than state college. Sneed has experience, he led the team during the spring and showed his leadership, and has worked with the players throughout the summer. As of now I honestly believe Humphrey would start in Bozeman and Walker will have a great “growing” period. After spring I had no doubt that Sneed was the better QB.
Hopefully the offensive line will mature and improve.
Go Griz!

Catsrgrood said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
Probably makes them better, that guy sucks.

That being said....the new format over on Bobcat nation is HORRIBLE!!!!! Whos idea was that??

You do realize it’s almost identical to egriz in the setup, just obviously with different colors on it. Unless you’re being sarcastic there, can’t tell...

Except that weird ass dog cat wolf monster logo you're now using....thing doesnt even look like a bobcat..

Whyd you guys change it? Too many adds for 100$ Adidas and tampons?

Catsrgrood said:
PlayerRep said:
Catsrgrood said:

Relax PR

Not going to get into another debate about Sneed, you obviously are sold on the guy. He may be great, not saying he won’t be.

My statement was both teams have mainly JUCO transfers and young unproven players at QB right now so it’s hard to really know what they have. Yes, Sneed played in spring ball, that’s more than the Cats know about Jonsen but we’ll see if it translates to the regular season.

Griz have what, 2 guys coming from JUCO, the young Alabama transfer and Graves, an incoming freshman at the QB position, right?
Cats have 1 JUCO kid, a young Rovig that’s entering his 2nd year, 2 incoming Freshman and Andersen, a sophomore who hasn’t thrown a college pass that will be competing at the QB position.
So no, I don’t think I’m wrong there, my statement was simply that both teams have JUCO and young, unproven guys coming in to compete a year after both teams thought they had the starting QB role settled for the next couple years. That’s a statement that I’m surprised that even you find a way to argue. But then again, you argue everything.

Im pretty sure Humphreys was like the highest remaining JUCO QB left in the country when we got him...I could be remembering wrong.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Catsrgrood said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
Probably makes them better, that guy sucks.

That being said....the new format over on Bobcat nation is HORRIBLE!!!!! Whos idea was that??

You do realize it’s almost identical to egriz in the setup, just obviously with different colors on it. Unless you’re being sarcastic there, can’t tell...

Except that weird ass dog cat wolf monster logo you're now using....thing doesnt even look like a bobcat..

Whyd you guys change it? Too many adds for 100$ Adidas and tampons?

So the logo that’s being used makes it a terrible format? Got it.

And yea, the last format was really old and from what I’ve heard, the new format really does make it tougher for those spam posts to show up. So hopefully less shoe deals and handbag reviews now... :lol:

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Catsrgrood said:
PlayerRep said:
Catsrgrood said:

Relax PR

Im pretty sure Humphreys was like the highest remaining JUCO QB left in the country when we got him...I could be remembering wrong.

He very well may have been, I don’t know. But he’s a JUCO transfer nonetheless. That’s all my point really was, JUCO and young guys. I just stated it poorly the first time.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Catsrgrood said:
PlayerRep said:
Catsrgrood said:

Relax PR

You are correct. And the unanimous #1 on the Griz recruiting board. Getting him was a big deal. He may win the starting job.

nzone said:
There is no question that Montana is stronger at the QB position than state college. Sneed has experience, he led the team during the spring and showed his leadership, and has worked with the players throughout the summer. As of now I honestly believe Humphrey would start in Bozeman and Walker will have a great “growing” period. After spring I had no doubt that Sneed was the better QB.
Hopefully the offensive line will mature and improve.
Go Griz!
Cats own uN everyday and in every way! We can put any of our untested QBs out there and thump ya!!!

Heck we could even play a LB at QB and kick ass and take names against the teddies! [emoji3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back