Tell me about Montana State

Get the low down on Griz/FCS Football
VandalPride97

Stepping away from bantering with the Griz, I'd like to know more about Montana State and why their fans are on our board claiming to be in the top 3% for higher education in the world. I always thought they sort of sucked in general and were second fiddle to the Griz. Discuss.
Catsrgrood

Are you just trying to start a 20 page thread here? :lol:

I’m sure it’ll be reasonable and unbiased. I’ll check in a little late to see how’s it’s going.
uofmman1122
eGriz Club

bobcatnation.com
"Furk. Sneed is in."
HookedonGriz
eGriz Club

FTC all day every day. End thread.
SACCAT66

VandalPride97 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:36 pm
Stepping away from bantering with the Griz, I'd like to know more about Montana State and why their fans are on our board claiming to be in the top 3% for higher education in the world. I always thought they sort of sucked in general and were second fiddle to the Griz. Discuss.
Montana State is located in Bozeman Montana...It has an enrollment of about 16K students. It is known for it's Engineering, Agriculture, Architect, and Business schools. It won it's last championship in 1984, but there is no video evidence of this, so it probably didn't happen. Bozeman is a town named after a crappy trail that lead to Oregon, or Washington...the Football stadium holds about 17.5K people, but most are bandwagon fans. It has an amazing swimming pool to the south west of the stadium, and a trail that is made of tears that leads to the north east...MSU is known for there propensity for being Preseason champs in Football, but also has basketball teams that wear jerseys and everything, it is pretty neat. MSU doesn't have a QB that can throw it past the Center, but somehow (Because of Stitt and Semore) has beaten The University of Montana the last two years.
go96griz

SACCAT66 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:49 pm
VandalPride97 wrote:
Montana State is located in Bozeman Montana...It has an enrollment of about 16K students. It is known for it's Engineering, Agriculture, Architect, and Business schools. It won it's last championship in 1984, but there is no video evidence of this, so it probably didn't happen. Bozeman is a town named after a crappy trail that lead to Oregon, or Washington...the Football stadium holds about 17.5K people, but most are bandwagon fans. It has an amazing swimming pool to the south west of the stadium, and a trail that is made of tears that leads to the north east...MSU is known for there propensity for being Preseason champs in Football, but also has basketball teams that wear jerseys and everything, it is pretty neat. MSU doesn't have a QB that can throw it past the Center, but somehow (Because of Stitt and Semore) has beaten The University of Montana the last two years.
This was a true response, but it clearly missed the mark because it did not mention the mythical 1956 NAIA title where MSU finished the game tied at 0–0.

Also, I would agree on engineering, ag and architecture but I haven't really heard anybody talk up the business school. The last independent ratings put MSU behind UM as expected.
Last edited by go96griz on Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AZDoc

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool-Bill Shakespeare
What a Fool Believes-The Doobie Brothers
Ringneck

SACCAT66 wrote:
VandalPride97 wrote:
Nailed it. :lol: :clap:
You're such a good sport.
"Fathers are alright and I'm not knocking them - since I'm one myself - but from a kid's point of view they spend entirely too much time at a thing called 'the office' or some other equally boring place of work." ~ Patrick F. McManus
alabamagrizzly

SACCAT66 wrote:
VandalPride97 wrote:
I don’t normally do this but I gotta here, only cus it came from a cat fan. Post of the year nomination.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
"In Bill's(Wild Bill Kelly) tragic death there might be some message for the college society that basks in the glory of the football team and the individual heroes, but overlooks the fact that they are like the rest of us with conflicts, fears, frustrations, and weakness."-Joseph Cochran, friend of Kelly's
grizpsych

VandalPride97 wrote:
Montana State is a great tech school. There strengths are in AG and Geological sciences/engineering. Excluding AG though, they are on par with Montana and Montana has more to offer at both the undergraduate and graduate level. Their true strength lies in promoting themselves to Montana students that don't want to leave Montana. Frankly, Montana needs to push their Journalism, English, Forestry, and Law School/programs better.
What I see when I see the EGRIZ practically perfect poster.
MTGRZ

MSU is located in a California controlled territory known as, "Bozeman." Boutique everything, outrageous housing prices, glamping, social media driven outdoors recreation, and a conservative shell with a quiet, elite, monied, liberal inside. That is "Bros"man, and in many ways, MSU.
kemajic
eGriz Club

grizpsych wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:10 pm
VandalPride97 wrote:
Montana State is a great tech school. There strengths are in AG and Geological sciences/engineering. Excluding AG though, they are on par with Montana and Montana has more to offer at both the undergraduate and graduate level. Their true strength lies in promoting themselves to Montana students that don't want to leave Montana. Frankly, Montana needs to push their Journalism, English, Forestry, and Law School/programs better.
Actually Montana needs to push their sciences programs better.
"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em." - Webb Wilder
VimSince03

MTGRZ wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:31 pm
MSU is located in a California controlled territory known as, "Bozeman." Boutique everything, outrageous housing prices, glamping, social media driven outdoors recreation, and a conservative shell with a quiet, elite, monied, liberal inside. That is "Bros"man, and in many ways, MSU.
Didn't know what Glamping was until this post. Sigh.
MTGRZ

VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:40 pm
MTGRZ wrote:
Truth hurts sometimes, man. Although to be fair, there is definitely some glamping in western Montana as well.
hokeyfine

MTGRZ wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:43 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
MTGRZ wrote:
Truth hurts sometimes, man. Although to be fair, there is definitely some glamping in western Montana as well.
paws up, to be more specific
hokeyfine

go96griz wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:02 pm
SACCAT66 wrote:
VandalPride97 wrote:
This was a true response, but it clearly missed the mark because it did not mention the mythical 1956 NAIA title where MSU finished the game tied at 0–0.

Also, I would agree on engineering, ag and architecture but I haven't really heard anybody talk up the business school. The last independent ratings put MSU behind UM as expected.
ah yes, and if the griz would have tied their 69 and/or 70 games and been voted national champion(they voted national champion during this time) it would have also been mythical? :lol:
SACCAT66

hokeyfine wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:54 pm
MTGRZ wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
MTGRZ wrote:
Pretty sure Paws up is one of the biggest Glamping places in Montana...
MTGRZ

SACCAT66 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:13 pm
hokeyfine wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:54 pm
MTGRZ wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

Pretty sure Paws up is one of the biggest Glamping places in Montana...
It is....that's why I said, "Although to be fair, there is definitely some glamping in western Montana as well."
Yukon

Don't even know why I came here.
"Facts are stubborn things" John Adams
ordigger
eGriz Club

grizpsych wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:10 pm
VandalPride97 wrote:
2nd best TECH school in the state.