Tell me about Montana State

Get the low down on Griz/FCS Football
garizzalies

I could wax poetic for days on this subject.
Simply put, Cat People are the most insufferable race on the planet. Calling them a little brother is insulting to children everywhere.
griznative24

kemajic wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:39 pm
grizpsych wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:10 pm
VandalPride97 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:36 pm
Stepping away from bantering with the Griz, I'd like to know more about Montana State and why their fans are on our board claiming to be in the top 3% for higher education in the world. I always thought they sort of sucked in general and were second fiddle to the Griz. Discuss.
Montana State is a great tech school. There strengths are in AG and Geological sciences/engineering. Excluding AG though, they are on par with Montana and Montana has more to offer at both the undergraduate and graduate level. Their true strength lies in promoting themselves to Montana students that don't want to leave Montana. Frankly, Montana needs to push their Journalism, English, Forestry, and Law School/programs better.
Actually Montana needs to push their sciences programs better.
As a Geography grad, this x 1000
Catsrgrood

garizzalies wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:05 pm
I could wax poetic for days on this subject.
Simply put, Cat People are the most insufferable race on the planet. Calling them a little brother is insulting to children everywhere.
Ahhh, thanks garizzle, that means a lot. Glad we could help brighten your day just a little bit.
garizzalies

Whenever a UM student transfers to The College of Blowsmen, it raises the average IQ of both schools
Blgs Griz Fan

grizpsych wrote:
VandalPride97 wrote:
Stepping away from bantering with the Griz, I'd like to know more about Montana State and why their fans are on our board claiming to be in the top 3% for higher education in the world. I always thought they sort of sucked in general and were second fiddle to the Griz. Discuss.
Montana State is a great tech school. There strengths are in AG and Geological sciences/engineering. Excluding AG though, they are on par with Montana and Montana has more to offer at both the undergraduate and graduate level. Their true strength lies in promoting themselves to Montana students that don't want to leave Montana. Frankly, Montana needs to push their Journalism, English, Forestry, and Law School/programs better.
You left out physical therapy, health sciences, pharmacy and wildlife biology.
Blgs Griz Fan

kemajic wrote:
grizpsych wrote:
VandalPride97 wrote:
+ 1000
Blgs Griz Fan

ordigger wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:48 pm
grizpsych wrote:
VandalPride97 wrote:
2nd best TECH school in the state.
Could be third behind Carroll College
garizzalies

Ever been in the Argh Bar?
It’s literally a bunch of butt pirates wearing all Carhartts.
And the guys are dressed funny too.

I was wearing my Griz gear after one of our typical beatdowns, and I asked the bartender, "hey, you want to hear a Bobcat joke?"

The bartender looked me in the eyes and said, "Son, before you go any further, I think you should know that I went to MSU. And you see that bouncer over there? He went to MSU. And that bad ass dude over there playing pool? He did, too. So, do you still want to tell your joke?"

I said, "Well, not if I have to explain it three times."
Paytonlives

VandalPride97 wrote:
Only team I hate more than the kittens are the F'ing Spuds

IDAHHHOOOOOOOOOOO
SUCKS!!!
Bobby Hauck 2008 (After beating the kittens)

"I wish there were 5 quarters in this game, so we could kick their asses some more!"
fanofzoo

SACCAT66 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:13 pm
hokeyfine wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:54 pm
MTGRZ wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:43 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:40 pm

Didn't know what Glamping was until this post. Sigh.
Truth hurts sometimes, man. Although to be fair, there is definitely some glamping in western Montana as well.
paws up, to be more specific
Pretty sure Paws up is one of the biggest Glamping places in Montana...
Rock Creek ranch equally ostentatious.
hokeyfine

kemajic wrote:
grizpsych wrote:
VandalPride97 wrote:
Their science programs are subpar at best. there are pockets of good scientists, but they are going to need to put some money into them if they want to compete with msu science as a whole.
kemajic
eGriz Club

hokeyfine wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:05 pm
kemajic wrote:
grizpsych wrote:
VandalPride97 wrote:
Their science programs are subpar at best. there are pockets of good scientists, but they are going to need to put some money into them if they want to compete with msu science as a whole.
Total BS. Life sciences, chemistry/biochem and math are top notch and prepare grads for research graduate schools quite well. They are more independent and not beholding to teaching engineers. Chemistry at MSU is in the hip pocket of CEng, limiting its research reach. Math is applied for likes of the Eng. Depts., with little advances in theory. There are some advantages to not having Engineering at UM.
"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em." - Webb Wilder
WaGriz4life

SACCAT66 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:49 pm
VandalPride97 wrote:
Montana State is located in Bozeman Montana...It has an enrollment of about 16K students. It is known for it's Engineering, Agriculture, Architect, and Business schools. It won it's last championship in 1984, but there is no video evidence of this, so it probably didn't happen. Bozeman is a town named after a crappy trail that lead to Oregon, or Washington...the Football stadium holds about 17.5K people, but most are bandwagon fans. It has an amazing swimming pool to the south west of the stadium, and a trail that is made of tears that leads to the north east...MSU is known for there propensity for being Preseason champs in Football, but also has basketball teams that wear jerseys and everything, it is pretty neat. MSU doesn't have a QB that can throw it past the Center, but somehow (Because of Stitt and Semore) has beaten The University of Montana the last two years.
Great Post
hokeyfine

kemajic wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:34 pm
hokeyfine wrote:
kemajic wrote:
grizpsych wrote:

Total BS. Life sciences, chemistry/biochem and math are top notch and prepare grads for research graduate schools quite well. They are more independent and not beholding to teaching engineers. Chemistry at MSU is in the hip pocket of CEng, limiting its research reach. Math is applied for likes of the Eng. Depts., with little advances in theory. There are some advantages to not having Engineering at UM.
im talking at the graduate level. for undergraduates it does ok. ive experienced the sciences at both institutions and will stand by my observations.
AZGrizFan
eGriz Club

alabamagrizzly wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:09 pm
SACCAT66 wrote:
VandalPride97 wrote:
Montana State is located in Bozeman Montana...It has an enrollment of about 16K students. It is known for it's Engineering, Agriculture, Architect, and Business schools. It won it's last championship in 1984, but there is no video evidence of this, so it probably didn't happen. Bozeman is a town named after a crappy trail that lead to Oregon, or Washington...the Football stadium holds about 17.5K people, but most are bandwagon fans. It has an amazing swimming pool to the south west of the stadium, and a trail that is made of tears that leads to the north east...MSU is known for there propensity for being Preseason champs in Football, but also has basketball teams that wear jerseys and everything, it is pretty neat. MSU doesn't have a QB that can throw it past the Center, but somehow (Because of Stitt and Semore) has beaten The University of Montana the last two years.
I don’t normally do this but I gotta here, only cus it came from a cat fan. Post of the year nomination.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Second the nomination. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.
kemajic
eGriz Club

hokeyfine wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:08 am
kemajic wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:34 pm
hokeyfine wrote:
kemajic wrote:

im talking at the graduate level. for undergraduates it does ok. ive experienced the sciences at both institutions and will stand by my observations.
The primary role of both institutions is undergraduate; neither are even in the game of the major US graduate programs.
"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em." - Webb Wilder
grizpsych

kemajic wrote:
grizpsych wrote:
VandalPride97 wrote:
I agree with that too. Really, they need to simply promote the university better.
What I see when I see the EGRIZ practically perfect poster.
ABQCat

SACCAT66 wrote:
VandalPride97 wrote:
Lot's of grizz trolls trying to make this about them. I'll try to get this back on track.

I really like SAC's post on this subject and agree line by line with his assessment. I'll try to add a few notes for our fine Vandal friend.

We invite you to come to our tailgate experience this fall. I'm sure you will find the Cat fans very friendly and hospitable. The first thing you might notice is there's no river or footbridge. That's definitely striking, but we Cat fans are used to it now. Secondly, you will be very impressed with the tailgate atmosphere, but you will soon notice that's there's nobody there. The Cats don't have anybody that attends the tailgates. Lastly, you will really admire our fans for their spirit and enthusiasm, but you will notice that we cheer when the offense has the ball. In spite of our happy disposition, we don't have any knowledge of the game. I remember the day it struck me that we should be quiet when the offense has the ball, and turned to my fellow fans to tell them about my epiphany. I was instructed, in very clear terms, to "sit down and shut up like the rest of us". I agreed. First and foremost it's important to be respectful of the great fans behind me, and I've stayed seated ever since. I found I can really cheer for our offense from the seated position.
Silvertip

griznative24 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:07 pm
kemajic wrote:
grizpsych wrote:
VandalPride97 wrote:
As a Geography grad, this x 1000
Making you proficient at folding a road map...always knew I picked the wrong major.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference" M. Twain
AllWeatherFan
eGriz Club

MSU fans post here allot. They're the ones who are good at math but can't spel.
Turn up the Eagles, the neighbors are listening.