• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Johnny Manzeil and Vernon Adams Fighting it Out for Starting QB for Montreal

AllWeatherFan

DONOR
Sounds like, with his team 1-5, Vernon is having a rough go of it. And he apparently didn't like it when Alouettes fans erupted in favor of bringing in Manziel, and then had to apologize:

https://nypost.com/2018/08/01/johnny-manziels-canadian-debut-isnt-without-controversy/

streambe_c234843d-ae07-3ed5-87f6-3a224a7a8ff9-956836441.jpeg.cf.webp

VS

stamps-alouettes.jpg

What kind of salaries do players make in the CFL compared to the NFL like position?

reinell30 said:
What kind of salaries do players make in the CFL compared to the NFL like position?

league minimum is $50,000
Average player in league is paid $80,000
each team has a salary cap of about $5.2 mil.

So, Matt Ryan could pay the entire league's salaries.

NFL has 32 teams, CFL has 9.

Yukon said:
reinell30 said:

Thank you! I often wondered what kind of money they made up there. Not much I see...

Yukon said:
reinell30 said:

:eek: That's mind boggling, right there.

Ringneck said:
Yukon said:
reinell30 said:

I believe your league minimum is in Canadian $ so it is actually less in US $. A year ago the CFL league minimum was roughly 1/10th of the NFL in US $ (about $45,000 versus $465,000).

It might just be my summer high talking but man do I think the CFL is entertaining. Anyone else? Haven't been able to watch a ton of games this year but the games seem shorter and less rigid, 3 downs is interesting, a rouge is always fun, plus it's like a league built from FCS all stars!

griznative24 said:
It might just be my summer high talking but man do I think the CFL is entertaining. Anyone else? Haven't been able to watch a ton of games this year but the games seem shorter and less rigid, 3 downs is interesting, a rouge is always fun, plus it's like a league built from FCS all stars!

I always enjoyed watching it for a change of pace...and it fills a nice void until college ball starts.

go96griz said:
Ringneck said:
Yukon said:
reinell30 said:

I believe your league minimum is in Canadian $ so it is actually less in US $. A year ago the CFL league minimum was roughly 1/10th of the NFL in US $ (about $45,000 versus $465,000).
They were talking about this today on the DP show and they played career salary:
NFL backup qb Chase Daniel
VS.
CFL Starter Ricky Ray (yes, him!)

Daniel won, something like almost 30million vs. 5million

garizzalies said:
go96griz said:
Ringneck said:
Yukon said:

They were talking about this today on the DP show and they played career salary:
NFL backup qb Chase Daniel
VS.
CFL Starter Ricky Ray (yes, him!)

Daniel won, something like almost 30million vs. 5million

Lulay makes about $450K a season (according to the Google machine)

Heisman Trophy winner leaves A&M early and ends up on the worst team in the NFL, then gets bounced from the NFL. Not one of the other 31 teams would take a chance on him. Now, he ends up with the worst, or one of the worst teams in the CFL. Will be interesting to watch, but I don't see this ending well for him. Having Sherman as HC is to his advantage, though.

Head to head Friday, 5:30 P.M. MDT on ESPN2, Hamilton at Montreal. Masoli v Manziel.

AZGrizFan said:
griznative24 said:

I always enjoyed watching it for a change of pace...and it fills a nice void until college ball starts.

Extactly. Yes, extactly. This is from a man who is definitely connected to Montana football. Not removed. Told you I'd have your back.

Back