• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Gage Smith - concussions, anxiety, and depression

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Best of luck to this young man. Talking openly about this topic is not easy, nor was walking away from the game and team he loved. Griz Nation supports you Gage!

http://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/anxiety-depression-after-concussions-cause-gage-smith-to-walk-away/article_581cd0e4-3083-544e-ad1a-fe89510675ec.html

Back when I was at UM I had a class with Scott Werblow (sp) UM QB and after a concussion on Saturday. He introduced himself to me three days in a row at the class that we sat next to each other for three weeks prior to the concussion.

Nothing to mess with at all.

I wish them both the best

When one door closes, another one opens. Get your education & on with all that’s ahead. Best of luck Gage.

Good for you Gage! I'm sure this was not an easy decision for you. But it was clearly the right one and I'm certain all of your teammates will feel the same way.

Good luck to you and may your future be healthy and rewarding in all aspects of life!

Paytonlives said:
Back when I was at UM I had a class with Scott Werblow (sp) UM QB and after a concussion on Saturday. He introduced himself to me three days in a row at the class that we sat next to each other for three weeks prior to the concussion.

Scott Werbelow or Scott Waak? I barely remember Werbelow and I don't know his story at all, but Scott Waak took THE biggest hit in Grizzly history, Period! I've never seen anyone hit so hard in my life. The stadium gasped at the hit and went instantly silent. I, literally, thought he might be dead. He never played another down of football and I wonder how he is today.

Who was the griz player that took the wallop against Washington State on the opening kickoff? I believe it was in the mid 90s. He got a concession and never again stepped foot on a football field as a player. Hardest hit I've ever seen.

Zirg said:
Paytonlives said:

Scott Werbelow or Scott Waak? I barely remember Werbelow and I don't know his story at all, but Scott Waak took THE biggest hit in Grizzly history, Period! I've never seen anyone hit so hard in my life. The stadium gasped at the hit and went instantly silent. I, literally, thought he might be dead. He never played another down of football and I wonder how he is today.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/scott-waak-2304979/

indian-outlaw said:
Who was the griz player that took the wallop against Washington State on the opening kickoff? I believe it was in the mid 90s. He got a concession and never again stepped foot on a football field as a player. Hardest hit I've ever seen.

Scott Spraggins.

Zirg said:
Paytonlives said:

Yes waak. Moment of oldmanitis.

I remember the coach saying on Wednesday that he was “probably be back” in a few weeks

WTH. Glad they are much better with concussions now.

maroon said:
indian-outlaw said:

Scott Spraggins.
I honestly thought he was dead...

Anyone's well being is bigger then Cat/Griz.
I wish him luck in his future endeavors. This must have been a hard decision for him
That must have been hell for him to go through.

Nothing sucks more than having to give up what you love, especially when it isn't on your own free will.
Good luck young man there are always other opportunities in life!

Back