• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

A Choat-led 4yr losing streak?

ABQCat said:
I do like looking on the competition boards. Generally it's an efficient way to research an opponent. Strange that this place is the only one with continuous and oddly obsessive threads about the Cats. I would be more than happy to participate in Cat threads on other competition boards, but none exist. Glad you guys invite us into the fold though.

Go find another board with participation in general. Thanks again for stopping by eGriz.com to "research the opponent." :lol: Love you, lil' brobro. So cute.

CDAGRIZ said:
uofmman1122 said:
bigsky33 said:
News out of Griz fall camp must be really slow as more threads about the Cats appear.

One piece of news that did come out of fall camp is the Griz lost another offensive lineman. This reinforces ABQ Cats post. Not good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh, good.

Can you explain his post?

I didn’t read it.

I'm betting it's something about how he thinks the Griz won't be very good, something about Hauck's HC record, and probabaly an enrollment and/or hippie comment. Standard shit.
PR is smart and will read it and cover you guys. Patience.

Also I've never posted anything on enrollment or hippies, although it's interesting you go to that right away. Sorry to challenge you kids with a second paragraph. I know it's hard.

ABQCat said:
CDAGRIZ said:
uofmman1122 said:
bigsky33 said:
News out of Griz fall camp must be really slow as more threads about the Cats appear.

One piece of news that did come out of fall camp is the Griz lost another offensive lineman. This reinforces ABQ Cats post. Not good!

Oh, good.

I didn’t read it.

I'm betting it's something about how he thinks the Griz won't be very good, something about Hauck's HC record, and probabaly an enrollment and/or hippie comment. Standard shit.

Also I've never posted anything on enrollment or hippies, although it's interesting you go to that right away. Sorry to challenge you kids with a second paragraph. I know it's hard.

You might be right, might be to many pieces lost to overcome thi sseason for th egriz. Still has nothing to do with the fact the Cat's are gonna suck

ABQCat said:
CDAGRIZ said:
uofmman1122 said:
bigsky33 said:

Oh, good.

I didn’t read it.

Meh, it was a pretty good guess. Not a lot else about which you turds ever post.

RayWill said:
ABQCat said:
CDAGRIZ said:
uofmman1122 said:
Oh, good.

I didn’t read it.

You might be right, might be to many pieces lost to overcome thi sseason for th egriz. Still has nothing to do with the fact the Cat's are gonna suck

What do you base that on? Have you watched them in fall camp?

RayWill said:
ABQCat said:
CDAGRIZ said:
uofmman1122 said:
Oh, good.

I didn’t read it.

Ok Ray premise accepted. Explain.

ABQCat said:
RayWill said:
ABQCat said:
CDAGRIZ said:

You might be right, might be to many pieces lost to overcome this season for the Griz. Still has nothing to do with the fact the Cat's are gonna suck

Defense will be solid, but the offense is till a work in progress. Yes Anderson is stud, but only one piece of the puzzle. I don't see the offense lighting up the scoreboard. I see a lot of tight games for the cat's this year again. 5-6 to 6-5 type season. So not exactly a 4 year "losing" streak as the original poster predicted but yes not a great season. Read lots of Camp reports form many bigsky teams. Only team I have had a chance to see is EWU. They actually look really good this year.

The loss of Murray was bigger than you think. He was the electric spark your offense needed, without that it is flat. Your own coach has described some your practices as just going through the motions and Colter has suggested it seems emotionless.
I feel that the improved defense will be enough to win some tight games and the favorable conference schedule should help you out but I see the cats losing early then picking up as the season goes. 6-5 to 7-4 would be a great year for the cats this year. 7-4 won't see the playoffs this year though. Just my opinion.

Griz are in tight spots due to injury as well. O Line is a major concern and all the talent in the world can't overcome a poor Oline. If Buss was healthy the defense would be a lot better. I think that yes the Griz have a lot of question marks on key pieces now and while I was really confident on them until recently it will likely be a rebuilding year with too much inexperience to be a top contender. 7-4 is still a reasonable prediction.

I like Thayne and Dax but...

So the Troll kitten thinks its all over because two dudes that never played a down for UM won't be playing this fall...

736126aae287e00520f883107a842200--bugs-bunny.jpg

RayWill said:
ABQCat said:
RayWill said:
ABQCat said:

You might be right, might be to many pieces lost to overcome this season for the Griz. Still has nothing to do with the fact the Cat's are gonna suck

Defense will be solid, but the offense is till a work in progress. Yes Anderson is stud, but only one piece of the puzzle. I don't see the offense lighting up the scoreboard. I see a lot of tight games for the cat's this year. 5-6 type season. So not exactly a 4 year "losing" streak as the original poster predicted but yes not a great season. Read lots of Camp reports form many bigsky teams. Only team I have had a chance to see is EWU. They actually look really good this year.

The loss of Murray was bigger than you think. He was the electric spark your offense needed, without that it is flat. Your own coach has described some your practices as just going through the motions and Colter has suggested it seems emotionless.
I feel that the improved defense will be enough to win some tight games and the favorable conference schedule should help you out but I see the cats losing early then picking up as the season goes. 6-5 to 7-4 would be a great year for the cats this year. 7-4 won't see the playoffs this year though. Just my opinion.

Griz are in tight spots due to injury as well. O Line is a major concern and all the talent in the world can't overcome a poor Oline. If Buss was healthy the defense would be a lot better. I think that yes the Griz have lost too many key pieces now and while I was really confident on them until recently it will likely be a rebuilding year with too much inexperience to be a top contender. Again 6-5 to 7-4 a reasonable prediction.

Where did you hear Choate say the team was just going thru the motions? Where was it that Colter said it? Choate did say the defense was sluggish in the scrimmage. Kind of no a surprise after 8 straight days of practice and the scrimmage with temps over 100 degrees.

The offense is not flat. If anything much improved over last year. It is way more balanced.

bigsky33 said:
RayWill said:
ABQCat said:
RayWill said:

Defense will be solid, but the offense is till a work in progress. Yes Anderson is stud, but only one piece of the puzzle. I don't see the offense lighting up the scoreboard. I see a lot of tight games for the cat's this year. 5-6 type season. So not exactly a 4 year "losing" streak as the original poster predicted but yes not a great season. Read lots of Camp reports form many bigsky teams. Only team I have had a chance to see is EWU. They actually look really good this year.

Griz are in tight spots due to injury as well. O Line is a major concern and all the talent in the world can't overcome a poor Oline. If Buss was healthy the defense would be a lot better. I think that yes the Griz have lost too many key pieces now and while I was really confident on them until recently it will likely be a rebuilding year with too much inexperience to be a top contender. Again 6-5 to 7-4 a reasonable prediction.

Where did you hear Choate say the team was just going thru the motions? Where was it that Colter said it? Choate did say the defense was sluggish in the scrimmage. Kind of no a surprise after 8 straight days of practice and the scrimmage with temps over 100 degrees.

The offense is not flat. If anything much improved over last year. It is way more balanced.

Off of the msubobcat.com webiste on camp updates

...Choate described as by and large, "going through the motions."
"That's not going to get us where we need to be," Choate said of the work done on MSU's home turf. "We've got to rebound tomorrow even though we're only in helmets. We've got to have a crisp day and then obviously Saturday is a big day for us in terms of setting kind of a depth chart."

bigsky33 said:
RayWill said:
ABQCat said:
RayWill said:

85 plays for 280 yards... Stellar

bigsky33 said:
RayWill said:
ABQCat said:
RayWill said:

We've definitely all heard the rumblings about flat cat practices and huge question marks on offense. With Choach coaching for his job (I would assume a third straight losing season and fourth straight overall for the program would send him packing), Cat fans would probably like to see the intensity level a LOT higher than what's apparently taking place. The offense will flounder without a QB, which I believe is even more important in FCS play, I think the Cats should be ecstatic with 6-5. I predict 4-7 and a much-needed regime change. Probably for the best in the long run, but a tough pill to swallow for the faithful.

RayWill said:
bigsky33 said:
RayWill said:
ABQCat said:

Off of the msubobcat.com webiste on camp updates

...Choate described as by and large, "going through the motions."
"That's not going to get us where we need to be," Choate said of the work done on MSU's home turf. "We've got to rebound tomorrow even though we're only in helmets. We've got to have a crisp day and then obviously Saturday is a big day for us in terms of setting kind of a depth chart."

He was referring to the scrimmage and the practice the day before. Yes, I also heard him say it is natural to have weariness after 8 straight days of practice. That’s why he gave them Sunday off. Overall, he said in a recent interview it has been a very competitive camp.

CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:
RayWill said:
ABQCat said:

We've definitely all heard the rumblings about flat cat practices and huge question marks on offense. With Choach coaching for his job (I would assume a third straight losing season and fourth straight overall for the program would send him packing), Cat fans would probably like to see the intensity level a LOT higher than what's apparently taking place. The offense will flounder without a QB, which I believe is even more important in FCS play, I think the Cats should be ecstatic with 6-5. I predict 4-7 and a much-needed regime change. Probably for the best in the long run, but a tough pill to swallow for the faithful.

Brought to you by the people that have not seen them in fall camp. Hate to disappoint you but the qb will be excellent. Much better at that position than last year.

bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:
RayWill said:

Brought to you by the people that have not seen them in fall camp. Hate to disappoint you but the qb will be excellent. Much better at that position than last year.

What’s the QB’s name?

bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:
RayWill said:

Sounds amazing! Much better! What month is this, again?

WaGriz4life said:
bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:

What’s the QB’s name?

Does it matter? He's much better than the two-year starter. 33 even said so.

The cats are getting better, but are about two years away from making some noise. That is mostly due to the inexperience at qb and wide receiver positions. It will be struggle to score points

bpcats said:
The cats are getting better, but are about two years away from making some noise. That is mostly due to the inexperience at qb and wide receiver positions. It will be struggle to score points

Where you at the scrimmage Saturday? Have you watched any practices?

Back