• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

A Choat-led 4yr losing streak?

RayWill said:
ABQCat said:
RayWill said:
ABQCat said:
PR is smart and will read it and cover you guys. Patience.

Also I've never posted anything on enrollment or hippies, although it's interesting you go to that right away. Sorry to challenge you kids with a second paragraph. I know it's hard.

You might be right, might be to many pieces lost to overcome this season for the Griz. Still has nothing to do with the fact the Cat's are gonna suck
Ok Ray premise accepted. Explain.

Defense will be solid, but the offense is till a work in progress. Yes Anderson is stud, but only one piece of the puzzle. I don't see the offense lighting up the scoreboard. I see a lot of tight games for the cat's this year again. 5-6 to 6-5 type season. So not exactly a 4 year "losing" streak as the original poster predicted but yes not a great season. Read lots of Camp reports form many bigsky teams. Only team I have had a chance to see is EWU. They actually look really good this year.

The loss of Murray was bigger than you think. He was the electric spark your offense needed, without that it is flat. Your own coach has described some your practices as just going through the motions and Colter has suggested it seems emotionless.
I feel that the improved defense will be enough to win some tight games and the favorable conference schedule should help you out but I see the cats losing early then picking up as the season goes. 6-5 to 7-4 would be a great year for the cats this year. 7-4 won't see the playoffs this year though. Just my opinion.

Griz are in tight spots due to injury as well. O Line is a major concern and all the talent in the world can't overcome a poor Oline. If Buss was healthy the defense would be a lot better. I think that yes the Griz have a lot of question marks on key pieces now and while I was really confident on them until recently it will likely be a rebuilding year with too much inexperience to be a top contender. 7-4 is still a reasonable prediction.
I'm on record at 6-5 this year for the griz. I actually went game by game in an analysis, and I really haven't moved much since that prediction. I'll just say there haven't been any reveals since that post that are really favorable to the griz. There was a possibility of one of the new QBs knocking it out of the park, but I haven't read or heard anything like that, and I'm reading Sneed is QB1. One of the transfers owning QB1 by now would have been cause for concern as a Cat fan.

I can't figure out if Bob is total misdirection on Buss and literally trying to steal one from UNI, but it wouldn't surprise me if Buss plays in the opener. Personally I don't think it will make a bit of difference one way or the other. Enter my first exhibit: Na'a Moeakolola. That kid had 119 tackles as a sophomore but then had off season shoulder surgery. He was never the same. His senior year it was almost embarrassing that Ash kept him the game, and at times it seemed like we were playing with 10 guys. Buss could very well be in the same situation. Off season shoulder surgery plus another mysterious injury (reading torn pec), will likely equal diminished productivity. Yes he'll be an emotional boost for the team and fans, and he'll be out there as a field general just like Na'a, but it won't be the same. These injuries are real.

7-4 is the highest possibility for the griz IMO. The wheels falling off the bus is also a possibility as I've posted numerous times. The Thane Jackson news is bad. You guys simply can't afford many more bad announcements, and the season hasn't even started. UNI plays extremely physical, and will come in with a game plan to wear you down with reckless physicality. That's going to be a problem.

As for the Cats, I haven't seen anything first hand, although I'll be at the scrimmage this Saturday. I'm happy to post my thoughts, but like usual, I'll just wait until you guys start another really stupid Cat thread and then I'll sneak it in. Or this one might be approaching 17 pages and I can sneak it in here.

I strongly believe the Cat defense will be stout. Like last year, the D will keep the Cats competing until the end in every game (no Pac12 game this year). I like that our OL has nearly 70 starts with 4 returning starters, and will clearly be a very good unit. I like that Choate was quoted as saying there are 6 OL guys he's ready to start right now for 5 spots. There's no better way to help a QB making his first start, and help an inexperienced RB unit, than an effective OL. The Cats have one.

Apologies to CDA and the other neanderthals for writing more than one paragraph.

bpcats said:
The cats are getting better, but are about two years away from making some noise. That is mostly due to the inexperience at qb and wide receiver positions. It will be struggle to score points

He kinda looks like an older version of Anderson :eek:
and in 30 years Troy will be saying the same things as uncle rico.
tenor.gif

Hey, you guys wanna see my video?
Back in '18, I used to be able to toss a pigskin a quarter of a mile.
Your grandma took a spill at the sand dunes today. Broke her coccyx!
Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been Pre-season FCS champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.
15_Troy_Andersen.jpg

All the DCP’s who posted in this thread so far have only reinforced my original theory. I could give a shit about your “researched analysis” ( :lol:) re Griz. I wanna hear what Choach-ll do on O?

To hear my neighbor tell it, they will have a great O-line, an OLB at QB, no WRs, instead QB#2 @ WR, and a DT @ HB.
I said, “sounds like your base play will be a fumblerooskie.”

And his response was just like all these DCP’s—“just you wait.”

“Okay, I always do.”

ABQCat said:
Apologies to CDA and the other neanderthals for writing more than one paragraph.

When did I say anything about that? Is there something you want to tell me?

Holy shit. I posted that before I read Barbecued-cat’s diatribe 2.0.
Dude, are you my neighbor? Do you live in Butte?

garizzalies said:
All the DCP’s who posted in this thread so far have only reinforced my original theory. I could give a shit about your “researched analysis” ( :lol:) re Griz. I wanna hear what Choach-ll do on O?

To hear my neighbor tell it, they will have a great O-line, an OLB at QB, no WRs, instead QB#2 @ WR, and a DT @ HB.
I said, “sounds like your base play will be a fumblerooskie.”

And his response was just like all these DCP’s—“just you wait.”

“Okay, I always do.”

Yes sounds like the kittens don't know who their QB is so they will just rotate 3 guys from RB to WR to QB.

Im sure it will work just fine... In the history of football its worked at least... wait a minute has it ever worked?

This is Choates last year if they don’t have a winning record. He is desperate and will roll the dice and play Andersen wherever they think he gives them the best chance to win. The jr. high school model of coaching football. They are gonna ride the kid into the ground by the time the late season beat down in Missoula rolls around. I know him and his people and am concerned for him that he will be wasted and used up by the time he’s a senior. If Andersen plays only qb from day one I think they go 6-5. If they rotate qbs, wrs, rbs and olbs all season they win 3 games. That’s just like my opinion man.

garizzalies said:

Maybe. Did your neighbor say nothing about the MSU QB position other than a good OL makes a huge difference to a new QB? Did your neighbor call you out for foolishly starting an absurd Cat thread? Did your neighbor tell you there's more than enough griz problems for you to be worried about, including mentioning how the OL is going to be trouble even before the Jackson news broke? If you answered yes to all these questions, then I might be your neighbor.

ABQCat said:
garizzalies said:

Maybe. Did your neighbor say nothing about the MSU QB position other than a good OL makes a huge difference to a new QB? Did your neighbor call you out for foolishly starting an absurd Cat thread? Did your neighbor tell you there's more than enough griz problems for you to be worried about, including mentioning how the OL is going to be trouble even before the Jackson news broke? If you answered yes to all these questions, then I might be your neighbor.
Dude, I want my chop saw back. It’s been like a year now.
And your dog’s getting door’d the next time he runs out

Dutch Lane said:
This is Choates last year if they don’t have a winning record. He is desperate and will roll the dice and play Andersen wherever they think he gives them the best chance to win. The jr. high school model of coaching football. They are gonna ride the kid into the ground by the time the late season beat down in Missoula rolls around. I know him and his people and am concerned for him that he will be wasted and used up by the time he’s a senior. If Andersen plays only qb from day one I think they go 6-5. If they rotate qbs, wrs, rbs and olbs all season they win 3 games. That’s just like my opinion man.
Amen Dutch!
I tip my hat to any BHHS recruit and TA may be the best ever—that’s saying a lot!
But it should be malpractice if a possible NFL OLB loses his shot because a choach is on the hot seat

I like what I've seen at practice, and heard through the grapevine.

Regarding QB, I've seen a lot of talent and terrific throws from multiple QB's. Also, the receivers have looked terrific and caught everything when I've been at practice.

From 2 recent practice reports. Note the word "crisp" used both days. QB is the least of my concerns for the Griz.

1. "Junior quarterback Dalton Sneed looked crisp during Saturday's practice, picking up from where he left off during spring. Early in the practice, Sneed threaded a needle on a 20-plus yard dig route to Jerry Louie-McGee who made a diving grab in the end zone surrounded by defenders."

2. "After emerging as the No. 1 QB at the conclusion of spring ball, junior Dalton Sneed has continued to lead the charge for the Griz, despite competition from new arrivals over the summer. He looked crisp again on Sunday, throwing a nice 10-yard fade to Samuel Akem in the corner of the end zone for a good-looking score.

Sneed has looked the most consistent overall during the first week of camp, as one would expect as the other QBs take on an unfamiliar playbook. But after five practices to take it all it, Hauck says he likes what he sees from the entire group.

"Like I said at the start, Sneed has been ahead, and he should be. If he isn't, then he hasn't been paying attention or working, and that's certainly not who he is. He's an attention to detail guy. He's doing a good job," said Hauck."

"Cam Humphrey has done a good job picking it up. He throws a nice ball. He's got a good arm, and he's a competitive guy."

Went to a Cat wedding in Bozeman on Saturday. Both father and a couple sons were Cats. So, old Cats and young Cats. Dozens of them. Of course, didn't talk to all of them, but there was much optimism for the coming season and Choate. Alex Singleton was there. Listened to a group of Cats talk about playing against former Griz, like Mornhinweg. Some of the Cats were on the '84 team.

Dutch Lane said:

Dutch, you are way off base. Choate is neither desperate nor will it be his last year. They are riding no one into the ground. Fake news on your part!

Playing him both ways last year and now also throwing in qb at fall camp, he has to spend more time and mental engergy learning both offense and defense on top of qb. I believe that he had started last year at qb or rb your program would be years ahead from where it is right now and now without a decision being made this late it just creates chaos. I think they are wasting time moving him around rather then playing him every down either offense or defense. He would be a game changer at any one of 3 positions, so let him start changing games, he did change last years brawl, though. He could potentially be a first round pick if he played only one position full time for four years. Why doesn’t the nfl or FBS use guys like that. I think itdoesn’t work because of hyper specialization and the toll it takes physically being able to play not only twice the number of downs as the rest of the team, but at key positions. How could that not be a grinder, and after 4 years how could that not affect his stock. I think playing him at Qb and linebacker would be nuts, Rb and lb would be more rational and starting him at one position would be for the best. It’s a great story to follow though.

bigsky33 said:
Dutch Lane said:

Dutch, you are way off base. Choate is neither desperate nor will it be his last year. They are riding no one into the ground. Fake news on your part!

3-8

Paytonlives said:
bigsky33 said:
Dutch Lane said:

3-8

Another no credibility prediction from a person who has not seen one minute of fall camp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paytonlives said:
bigsky33 said:
Dutch Lane said:

3-8
Who's going to be 3-8?

You couldn't be talking about the Cat team that's 7-3 in their last 10 BSC games including 2 straight over the grizz, could you? The same Cat team who finished ahead of the grizz last year based on the head-to-head? If you are predicting the final grizz record, then it may be the best post you've ever made.

ABQCat said:
Paytonlives said:
bigsky33 said:
Dutch Lane said:

3-8
Who's going to be 3-8?

You couldn't be talking about the Cat team that's 7-3 in their last 10 BSC games including 2 straight over the grizz, could you? The same Cat team who finished ahead of the grizz last year based on the head-to-head? If you are predicting the final grizz record, then it may be the best post you've ever made.

3-8

Paytonlives said:
ABQCat said:
Paytonlives said:
bigsky33 said:

3-8
Who's going to be 3-8?

3-8

I will take that bet...$100 to the winners choice of charities...

Back