Dax Solis done with FB

Get the low down on Griz Football and the FCS

MissoulaMarinerFan

Re: Dax Solis done with FB

Post by MissoulaMarinerFan » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:42 am

http://www.instagram.com/p/BmUlHXVBzDX/ ... y=daxsolis

Looks like it is official per instagram....
Last edited by MissoulaMarinerFan on Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

RayWill

Post by RayWill » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:43 am

The concussion issue is going to kill the sport.

reinell30
eGriz Club

Post by reinell30 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:46 am

Wish him and all the young men who change their minds about the sport well. I just hope they have something else in their lives to fulfill the football void... Better schooling, good job etc....

Jaymerz

Post by Jaymerz » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:22 pm

So much for him leaving for health , or fear of injury, reasons. Per his interview in this article, he said Montana program just "didn't feel right", and he's leaving the door open to play football somewhere else. Hmmm.

https://www.kitsapsun.com/story/sports/ ... 993743002/
"Killer Griz sighting. Bobcat in mouth."

signedbewildered
eGriz Club

Post by signedbewildered » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:25 pm

Jaymerz wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:22 pm
So much for him leaving for health , or fear of injury, reasons. Per his interview in this article, he said Montana program just "didn't feel right", and he's leaving the door open to play football somewhere else. Hmmm.

https://www.kitsapsun.com/story/sports/ ... 993743002/
Hrmmmm......maybe some place that isn't so cold.....and loud.

Ursus1
eGriz Club

Post by Ursus1 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:26 pm

Very interesting

bgbigdog
eGriz Club

Post by bgbigdog » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:46 pm

And the transition to Wazzu will be a peace of cake? This is all Stitt’s fault.
“Learn from the mistakes of others. You can never live long enough to make them all yourself.” Groucho Marx.

signedbewildered
eGriz Club

Post by signedbewildered » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:53 pm

bgbigdog wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:46 pm
And the transition to Wazzu will be a peace of cake? This is all Stitt’s fault.
They can afford helmets with better padding.

PlayerRep

Post by PlayerRep » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:56 pm

"Solis' stay at Montana was a short one. He reported to school on Aug. 4 and began practice with the Grizzlies on Aug. 6. He said the team spent its first two days indoors — "we had a lot of meetings" — before hitting the field on Aug. 8. That night, Solis talked with Montana head coach Bobby Hauck about leaving the program.

Hauck told Solis to sleep on it. The next morning, Aug. 9, Solis told Hauck he felt the same. Like that, Montana was in Solis' rearview mirror.

"It was pretty emotional for me. I've been playing football my whole life," Solis said. "It just didn't feel right."

When asked about specifics, Solis said he felt like an "outsider." Despite rooming with another player from his home state — freshman linebacker Jace Schneider from Bellevue — Solis said he perceived certain "cliques" within the team.

"A lot of the other kids that got recruited there, they were all from Montana," he said. "I didn't know anyone."

Solis said as a freshman he expected to have to grind, but he compared Montana to a "military school" as coaches detailed certain restrictions placed on players, such as where they could go to eat and what clothing they could wear.

"I wasn't allowed to wear anything with my high school logo during the week," Solis said. "I mean, that's where I'm from. That's the football team that raised me."

North Kitsap football coach Jeff Weible said he hadn't spoken with Solis since his return to Poulsbo, but said it's not uncommon for high school players to experience a rude awakening once they enter college.

"It's a different ball game," Weible said."

bgbigdog
eGriz Club

Post by bgbigdog » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:00 pm

Raised by a football team. Heartwarming.
“Learn from the mistakes of others. You can never live long enough to make them all yourself.” Groucho Marx.

AZGrizFan
eGriz Club

Post by AZGrizFan » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:05 pm

Wow.

That’s all I’m going to say.
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.

Da Boyz Mom
eGriz Club

Post by Da Boyz Mom » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:12 pm

A rude awakening? Ha. My oldest son is in the National Guard, and went to basic training at age 17, between his junior and senior years of high school. That was a rude awakening. Bobby's brand of football requires a lot of discipline but if you think that's rough... Go join the Army.

Dillon

Post by Dillon » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:02 am

Takes more than just a couple of weeks to get into the mix young man. Your loss!

Yukon

Post by Yukon » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:04 am

Da Boyz Mom wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:12 pm
A rude awakening? Ha. My oldest son is in the National Guard, and went to basic training at age 17, between his junior and senior years of high school. That was a rude awakening. Bobby's brand of football requires a lot of discipline but if you think that's rough... Go join the Army.
Thinking the same thing. I enlisted when I was 17. It's a life change.

This kid needs to grow up.
"Facts are stubborn things" John Adams

reinell30
eGriz Club

Post by reinell30 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:18 am

Yukon wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:04 am
Da Boyz Mom wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:12 pm
Thinking the same thing. I enlisted when I was 17. It's a life change.

This kid needs to grow up.
It is too bad that a lot of young men like this can't go thru Boot Camp or Basic Training for about Three weeks. I think Three weeks would be plenty to wake them up to reality. I went thru Basic in the Air Force in 1984, then a lot of training as a CCT and I know that 99% of college players couldn't pass.
Maturing is a tough thing!

mtgrizfankb

Post by mtgrizfankb » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:04 am

Bobby ain't for everyone. He is going to give you structure and if you don't like it....(door) Many programs lecture you if you miss class or have bad grades. some assign you tutors or a professional to help you. Bobby Hauck football does not have a Ms. Wagner. Nobody is gonna baby you. You are now a college athlete with a responsibility to the program. Some don't want to have anyone tell them what to do, they are used to doing whatever and getting freedom. They get that some programs, but they are not going to get that here under Bobby. Hope Solis finds what he is looking for and a place that works for him!
Griz Nation. Loud Proud and Maroon.

hilinegrizfan

Post by hilinegrizfan » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:04 am

this kid is missing out on a once in a lifetime chance to suit up as a grizzly and play in that stadium. bummer.

first11

Post by first11 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:12 am

RayWill wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:43 am
The concussion issue is going to kill the sport.
In worst case the TBI will significantly effect game. This when stirred in with toxic politics does not bode well in near future. these guys are making lifetime and lifestyle decisions. Their welfare is primary
Last edited by first11 on Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Paytonlives

Post by Paytonlives » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:14 am

mtgrizfankb wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:04 am
Bobby ain't for everyone. He is going to give you structure and if you don't like it....(door) Many programs lecture you if you miss class or have bad grades. some assign you tutors or a professional to help you. Bobby Hauck football does not have a Ms. Wagner. Nobody is gonna baby you. You are now a college athlete with a responsibility to the program. Some don't want to have anyone tell them what to do, they are used to doing whatever and getting freedom. They get that some programs, but they are not going to get that here under Bobby. Hope Solis finds what he is looking for and a place that works for him!
He went from big man on campus to unknown walk-on behind a half dozen other RB's.
BUT 5 FRICKEN DAYS!!! Really soft.

Some just are not ready to grind and fight for a position... they feel like the deserve more than they have earned.

Happens to a lot of players... JC is probably his best route.
Bobby Hauck 2008 (After beating the kittens)

"I wish there were 5 quarters in this game, so we could kick their asses some more!"