• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Dax Solis done with FB

reinell30 said:
Yukon said:
Da Boyz Mom said:
A rude awakening? Ha. My oldest son is in the National Guard, and went to basic training at age 17, between his junior and senior years of high school. That was a rude awakening. Bobby's brand of football requires a lot of discipline but if you think that's rough... Go join the Army.

Thinking the same thing. I enlisted when I was 17. It's a life change.

This kid needs to grow up.

It is too bad that a lot of young men like this can't go thru Boot Camp or Basic Training for about Three weeks. I think Three weeks would be plenty to wake them up to reality. I went thru Basic in the Air Force in 1984, then a lot of training as a CCT and I know that 99% of college players couldn't pass.
Maturing is a tough thing!

My nephew is just finishing up the "basic" part of starting at West Point. Left Bozeman on July 2. His parents will be able to see him for a bit for the first time on Sat. night and then much of Sunday starting at 5am. The cadets were just given their cell phones back a day or so ago. I'm guessing Solis won't be going to a military academy either. (Nor would I want to.)

I recall my son talking about Ranger and Special Forces training. Running a few miles up a mountain and back with a pack over 100 pounds. Spending nights in swamps in the South. Getting almost no sleep. Made double sessions at Dartmouth and occasional triple sessions at Bozeman high look easy. And then there was going door to door at night in Fallujah, and getting shot at generally in various places in Iraq. Or taking shrapnel, including a 4-inch deep one, and continuing the battle. Hats off to the military, but not sure I could have handled that. At least, Hauck doesn't have guns and knives, and RPG's.

reinell30 said:
Yukon said:
Da Boyz Mom said:
A rude awakening? Ha. My oldest son is in the National Guard, and went to basic training at age 17, between his junior and senior years of high school. That was a rude awakening. Bobby's brand of football requires a lot of discipline but if you think that's rough... Go join the Army.

It is too bad that a lot of young men like this can't go thru Boot Camp or Basic Training for about Three weeks. I think Three weeks would be plenty to wake them up to reality. I went thru Basic in the Air Force in 1984, then a lot of training as a CCT and I know that 99% of college players couldn't pass.

oh gawd, more 'i'm tougher than you' idiocy. reality is that hauck has a higher drop out rate than basic training: https://www.thebalancecareers.com/united-states-military-basic-training-attrition-4052608

argh! said:
reinell30 said:
Yukon said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

oh gawd, more 'i'm tougher than you' idiocy. reality is that hauck has a higher drop out rate than basic training: https://www.thebalancecareers.com/united-states-military-basic-training-attrition-4052608

I am not referring to how many can make it thru Basic. I am referring to how many couldn't make it thru Combat Controller Training.

argh! said:
reinell30 said:
Yukon said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

No so sure that Hauck has had more players "drop out" after "basic", by the way. 11-14% for Army, Navy, Marines.

But basic training, as opposed to the ones Reinell and I are talking about, are more like D-I. Basic army basic is more like D-II or D-III.

argh! said:
reinell30 said:
Yukon said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

As he should. In Basic if you are not cutting it, you get recycled. You do it over. 99% of people that drop out are due to medical, physical or mental issues. Not because they chose to leave because "it just didn't feel right". You don't get that option. The military is a communist organization defending a democracy. As the saying goes.

I am not playing any I am tougher than you card. I am a 50 year old mom and not tougher than anyone except maybe a puny 12 year old girl. My point is that if you are going to sign up for something tough (IE Division 1 football or the military), then you need to embrace the suck (to quote my son). Obviously this young man was not cut out for it and is moving on. More power to him. I hope he finds something easier to do.

Let's be honest, if he couldn't handle a week as a newby freshman, upset he couldn't wear certain things etc. He was NOT going to be able to be counted on when the times get tough in a game. There is a method to Bobby's madness and he doesn't want the type that can't handle some mental and physical stress. This is no loss to the program. This team after going through "Bobby Basic" will become a fine tuned machine much like military elite units....they will do anything it takes to get the job done and will have each other's backs. Team not individual

Finally just got around to reading the article from his hometown paper. Wow, this dude does not sound cut out for any type of college football. He complained about not being able to wear his high school football clothing? Too many meetings? Could only go eat at certain places? I think if Dax is going to play football at the next level, at any program, it’s going to be eye opening for him. Best of luck, but that article made it sound like he’s a drama queen.

blackfootipa said:
I like the part where he was upset that he couldn't wear his high school teams clothes anymore.

I liked the part where he'd been there 4 days and hadn't made any lifelong friends yet. :lol:

With his whiny little girl attitude it is no wonder others who are all-in on this team didn't want to be his buddy

Ursus1 said:
With his whiny little girl attitude it is no wonder others who are all-in on this team didn't want to be his buddy

You do know the definition of a buddy correct?

Da Boyz Mom said:
I am not playing any I am tougher than you card. I am a 50 year old mom and not tougher than anyone except maybe a puny 12 year old girl. My point is that if you are going to sign up for something tough (IE Division 1 football or the military), then you need to embrace the suck (to quote my son). Obviously this young man was not cut out for it and is moving on. More power to him. I hope he finds something easier to do.

This is a nomination for POTY! Absolutely agree 100%. This is something I tell my kids all the time. If you sign up to do it, whether it's babysitting or travel soccer, you freaking put forth 100% and you see it through until the end. Now, if he had true injury issues, or his heart really wasn't in it, that's fine. If not, you play out the season, give it a chance, then make the change only if you need to.

ilovethecats said:
damn I wish he would have stuck around. this is exactly the kind of guy i'd love to see be a griz... ;)

:clap: :lol: Solid. Unfortunately, until i saw this, my comment was going to be that he should transfer to Bozo instead! hahaha.

Couldn't wear his high school logo gear?
latest

This no wearing high school clothing thing reminds me of the movie Miracle about the 1980 Olympic hockey team. Coach Brooks asks the players who they are and who they play for. They all answered with the college they played for. Finally Mike Eruzione answers that he plays for the United States of America.

Point is you don't play for your high school any more. You play for THE University of Montana (or some other lesser school).

Back