• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Dax Solis done with FB

dirtysoup said:
This no wearing high school clothing thing reminds me of the movie Miracle about the 1980 Olympic hockey team. Coach Brooks asks the players who they are and who they play for. They all answered with the college they played for. Finally Mike Eruzione answers that he plays for the United States of America.

Point is you don't play for your high school any more. You play for THE University of Montana (or some other lesser school).
:thumb:

GO GRIZ! :egriz:

Wish him the best and that he develops the mentality to complement his talent. But right now, he sounds like soft serve.

argh! said:
reinell30 said:
Yukon said:
Da Boyz Mom said:
A rude awakening? Ha. My oldest son is in the National Guard, and went to basic training at age 17, between his junior and senior years of high school. That was a rude awakening. Bobby's brand of football requires a lot of discipline but if you think that's rough... Go join the Army.

Thinking the same thing. I enlisted when I was 17. It's a life change.

This kid needs to grow up.

It is too bad that a lot of young men like this can't go thru Boot Camp or Basic Training for about Three weeks. I think Three weeks would be plenty to wake them up to reality. I went thru Basic in the Air Force in 1984, then a lot of training as a CCT and I know that 99% of college players couldn't pass.
Maturing is a tough thing!

oh gawd, more 'i'm tougher than you' idiocy. reality is that hauck has a higher drop out rate than basic training: https://www.thebalancecareers.com/united-states-military-basic-training-attrition-4052608

I'm thinkin' from reading your posts that you would drop out from both Bobby's football program, as well as basic military training, cause neither offers a safe place.

4theluvofgriz said:
argh! said:
reinell30 said:
Yukon said:
Thinking the same thing. I enlisted when I was 17. It's a life change.

This kid needs to grow up.

It is too bad that a lot of young men like this can't go thru Boot Camp or Basic Training for about Three weeks. I think Three weeks would be plenty to wake them up to reality. I went thru Basic in the Air Force in 1984, then a lot of training as a CCT and I know that 99% of college players couldn't pass.

oh gawd, more 'i'm tougher than you' idiocy. reality is that hauck has a higher drop out rate than basic training: https://www.thebalancecareers.com/united-states-military-basic-training-attrition-4052608

I'm thinkin' from reading your posts that you would drop out from both Bobby's football program, as well as basic military training, cause neither offers a safe place.

:lol: :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
4theluvofgriz said:
argh! said:
reinell30 said:

wrong - i wouldn't join either in the first place. unlike you, i don't like to take orders. i'd much rather just stand on my own two feet.

argh! said:
AZGrizFan said:
4theluvofgriz said:
argh! said:

wrong - i wouldn't join either in the first place. unlike you, i don't like to take orders. i'd much rather just stand on my own two feet.
So you quit before you even got started. Probably a smart move on your part. :thumb:

:roll:
AZGrizFan said:
argh! said:
AZGrizFan said:
4theluvofgriz said:

So you quit before you even got started. Probably a smart move on your part. :thumb:

There is a variety of reasons why a player would leave any particular school. these are 18-22 yoa kids just because they are physically grown up does not mean they are emotionally grown up. Back in my day which was back in the dinosaur era young men were on their own at 16-18yoa but today that is not the case. My doctor buddy said kids today do not mentally mature until 26 or 27. Maybe that is why CTE is more prevalent now. Seems like a bunch of pussies who would throw a tantrum when an 18 or 19 yoa feels the need for what ever reason. Maybe had Tyler Hilinski walked away things would have turned out differently.

dirtysoup said:
This no wearing high school clothing thing reminds me of the movie Miracle about the 1980 Olympic hockey team. Coach Brooks asks the players who they are and who they play for. They all answered with the college they played for. Finally Mike Eruzione answers that he plays for the United States of America.

Point is you don't play for your high school any more. You play for THE University of Montana (or some other lesser school).

That is exactly what I thought of too. He is a Griz now. Embrace that fully!

argh! said:
AZGrizFan said:
argh! said:
AZGrizFan said:

He is used to never taking orders....... he suckles from the teat of the government with no accountability.

grizfan406 said:
What position was he supposed to play?

Think he was also a HS LB. That or FB would be my guess. Might have gotten an opportunity to play a little if it was LB. Not quite as glamorous as RB, but an opportunity none the less. Not like anyone’s ever going to find out now. The good news is he can wear what he wants, without all the military-like discipline & with significantly fewer GD Montana kids. Can we be done with this guy?

Back