• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

A Choat-led 4yr losing streak?

signedbewildered said:
bigsky33 said:
PlayerRep said:
garizzalies said:
You guys don’t get it. His “program” is facing down a four year losing streak, after a bazaar extension. The same old Choach-speak ain’t gonna cut it. He’s already said that shit for years. Now that he’s on the hot seat, he needs a different script.

I interpret his words lately the opposite way of most delusional cat people. To me, he sounds like he’s trying to tell the fans to temper their expectations, but he can no longer come right out and say that stuff, so he has to say things like “fortunate” instead of “good.”

I kind of feel sorry for him (but not really). He’s in an impossible position. He can’t win and trying to control P-fan expectations is like trying to herd cats, literally.

Choate isn't on the hotseat.

Plus 1. You are right PR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the irony. Stitt goes with his record. Chote stays with his. Yes, a big part of it is beating your in state rivals but what happens this year when the trophy once again migrates West where it belongs?

Standards, expectations, goals. You have yours, we have ours.

What's acceptable to your fans isn't to ours.

Been a while, hasn't it? Not looking like it's heading West anytime soon from how things are looking this year.......

PlayerRep said:
Ursa Major said:
PlayerRep said:
garizzalies said:
You guys don’t get it. His “program” is facing down a four year losing streak, after a bazaar extension. The same old Choach-speak ain’t gonna cut it. He’s already said that shit for years. Now that he’s on the hot seat, he needs a different script.

I interpret his words lately the opposite way of most delusional cat people. To me, he sounds like he’s trying to tell the fans to temper their expectations, but he can no longer come right out and say that stuff, so he has to say things like “fortunate” instead of “good.”

I kind of feel sorry for him (but not really). He’s in an impossible position. He can’t win and trying to control P-fan expectations is like trying to herd cats, literally.

PR,

Do you think the fanbase, Waded and little elvis would be fine with ANOTHER losing season? Four in a row and three from the current staff.

Don’t know, but every Cat I know expects a better season this year. So do I.

Why do you think he got an extension? Answer: Because fans and the administration believe Choate is taking them in the right direction and is building a strong program.

You can’t hang the losing season of a prior coach on Choate.

Some of you need to step up and not embarrass Griz nation like some of the cat fans embarrass their school.
Don't slow these guys down PR. This thread is a gold mine.

ABQCat said:
PlayerRep said:
Ursa Major said:
PlayerRep said:
PR,

Do you think the fanbase, Waded and little elvis would be fine with ANOTHER losing season? Four in a row and three from the current staff.

Why do you think he got an extension? Answer: Because fans and the administration believe Choate is taking them in the right direction and is building a strong program.

Some of you need to step up and not embarrass Griz nation like some of the cat fans embarrass their school.

Haha, gold mine. Reminds me of the Gold Rush Game. Oh, btw, have any of your QBs completed a DI pass? Easy question, Tubbs.

CDAGRIZ said:
ABQCat said:
PlayerRep said:
Ursa Major said:
PR,

Haha, gold mine. Reminds me of the Gold Rush Game. Oh, btw, have any of your QBs completed a DI pass? Easy question, Tubbs.
Since you're so hung up on this, I'll answer. No, and Dave Dickinson, Travis Lulay, Tom Brady, and all the greatest QBs in the world had never completed a D1 pass at some point. In just under two weeks you'll get to read the stat line and finally see D1 completions from our QBs, so that will be nice. Hopefully the completion percentage is above 30 or 40 or whatever your guy is sitting at.

poorgriz said:
HookedonGriz said:
Here’s your QB situation:

- Andersen - a guy who was not recruited out of HS to play QB Ever is now probably your QB. He did not throw the ball very well in high school and was mostly a RB at the QB position (a la Chris Murray). He is a good athlete and smart, so he is your best option. If he goes down, that’s when it gets really interesting.

- Jonsen - a former 4 star who hasn’t taken a D1 snap in a live game yet (similar to Bruggeman). Can’t cut it at Oregon and gets beat out by Prukop and Herbert. Transfers to JUCO and can’t start there either. My cats buddies said he’s a better receiver than QB as he has a crazy weird throwing motion and is not accurate at all, perhaps a worst passer than Murray they said.

- Rovig - kid got sacked 8 times in your spring scrimmage and struggled mightily when the live bullets started flying. No need to even discuss.

- Bauman - probably your best up and coming pocket passer, but that 5.2 40 yard dash and inability to really pick up the playbook has your coaching staff wanting to give him more time.

Tell me again how solid your QB position is? You guys are high on crack if you’d say your QB situation is even close to a strength. Not one of them has taken a D1 snap yet. Get the f*** out of here with that shit.

Lots of inaccuracies in there but that's OK. So Cats and griz both have unproven QBs at the D1 level. Your JC guy hasn't done shit at UNLV or whatever JC he went to from what I've read but it sounds like Bobby says he practices well and you guys talk about him like he's the second coming so we'll see. He could be Tom Brady and you'd still struggle in 2018 because of your o line debacle.

I’m still waiting for our three biggest Griz fans poorgriz, ABQcat, and bigsky33 to tell me how anything I said above is not true.

Checked in with my Cat buddies last night after their scrimmage. They said none of the QBs looked as good as they had hoped. One said Andersen was very inconsistent with his throws and made poor decisions. They also said Bauman would be good but is struggling with the playbook. Sounds like Jonsen didn’t even take a snap and that Rovig panics.

Hmmm pretty much everything I stated above then! They said their only saving grace will be their defense will keep them in the games, but no one should be overly excited about their QB play.

HookedonGriz said:
poorgriz said:
HookedonGriz said:

- Andersen - a guy who was not recruited out of HS to play QB Ever is now probably your QB. He did not throw the ball very well in high school and was mostly a RB at the QB position (a la Chris Murray). He is a good athlete and smart, so he is your best option. If he goes down, that’s when it gets really interesting.

- Jonsen - a former 4 star who hasn’t taken a D1 snap in a live game yet (similar to Bruggeman). Can’t cut it at Oregon and gets beat out by Prukop and Herbert. Transfers to JUCO and can’t start there either. My cats buddies said he’s a better receiver than QB as he has a crazy weird throwing motion and is not accurate at all, perhaps a worst passer than Murray they said.

- Rovig - kid got sacked 8 times in your spring scrimmage and struggled mightily when the live bullets started flying. No need to even discuss.

- Bauman - probably your best up and coming pocket passer, but that 5.2 40 yard dash and inability to really pick up the playbook has your coaching staff wanting to give him more time.

Tell me again how solid your QB position is? You guys are high on crack if you’d say your QB situation is even close to a strength. Not one of them has taken a D1 snap yet. Get the f*** out of here with that shit.

Lots of inaccuracies in there but that's OK. So Cats and griz both have unproven QBs at the D1 level. Your JC guy hasn't done shit at UNLV or whatever JC he went to from what I've read but it sounds like Bobby says he practices well and you guys talk about him like he's the second coming so we'll see. He could be Tom Brady and you'd still struggle in 2018 because of your o line debacle.

I’m still waiting for our three biggest Griz fans poorgriz, ABQcat, and bigsky33 to tell me how anything I said above is not true.

Checked in with my Cat buddies last night after their scrimmage. They said none of the QBs looked as good as they had hoped. One said Andersen was very inconsistent with his throws and made poor decisions. They also said Bauman would be good but is struggling with the playbook. Sounds like Jonsen didn’t even take a snap and that Rovig panics.

Hmmm pretty much everything I stated above then! They said their only saving grace will be their defense will keep them in the games, but no one should be overly excited about their QB play.

SOooooooo, we only need to complete...what? 2-3 passes? Check! :coffee:

Catsrback76 said:
HookedonGriz said:
poorgriz said:
HookedonGriz said:

That depends....if you only want to beat the Griz and that makes your entire year (the majority of kitty nation, hence the little bro mentality) then that worked for you a couple years ago. It won’t now with a new sheriff in town. However, if you don’t want to have your fourth losing season in a row, I’d suggest you need to improve that mark big time

HookedonGriz said:
Catsrback76 said:
HookedonGriz said:
poorgriz said:

That depends....if you only want to beat the Griz and that makes your entire year (the majority of kitty nation, hence the little bro mentality) then that worked for you a couple years ago. It won’t now with a new sheriff in town. However, if you don’t want to have your fourth losing season in a row, I’d suggest you need to improve that mark big time
If you look at the total offensive stats from the scrimmage, it was over 400 yds. That is against one of the best defenses in the conference and with the qbs wearing red shirts for most of the time. Without the red shirts there would have been much more yardage plus two more tds by Anderson. I would say they did pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like TA made some really good throws. Made a couple mistakes and missed a couple throws but there were several factors causing that from what I'm told. The biggest factor of course - being in a red jersey, and going up against one of if not the best defense in the Big Sky. He's young, some of the receivers are young, there will be some timing issues and mistakes will be made. If TA is at full strength at the end of the season, look out.

P.S. I heard your QBs have been throwing a LOT of interceptions, true?

It amazes me how you kitty cat fans hang your hat of your GRIZ-cat wins the last two years. The fact is, you handed us losses because Ty had Stitts number, Stitts offence being more predictable than we thought. (Seymore never proved he could call a consistent D1 game).
YOU rightfully beat us the last two years with a pretty week team, we all know, but I refuse to even consider your wins will translate into a national title.
The GRIZ are being lead by over 200 years coaching experience. We have close to 30 years of NFL play on our staff as well.
I know we have a more experience staff, and we will show you we have more talent in our locker room. (Nicer locker rooms)

poorgriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
ABQCat said:
PlayerRep said:

Since you're so hung up on this, I'll answer. No

Cool. Thanks for the info. I can totally see why the position is so much more solid than it would be with a two-year DI starter. Makes total sense.

poorgriz said:
Sounds like TA made some really good throws. Made a couple mistakes and missed a couple throws but there were several factors causing that from what I'm told. The biggest factor of course - being in a red jersey, and going up against one of if not the best defense in the Big Sky. He's young, some of the receivers are young, there will be some timing issues and mistakes will be made. If TA is at full strength at the end of the season, look out.

In the multiple practices I have attended, and in the 11-11 and 7-7 drills, I have seen only one interception (and it was not thrown by Sneed or Humphrey). Obviously, there have been interceptions. My impression is that the qb's, and especially the top qb's, are not throwing many interceptions. Fake news from you. The receivers have really been catching the ball when I've been at practices.

Just watched a clip of Alan Dershowitz, the former Harvard law professor, talking about developments in the Mueller investigation, and answering a question about why the press keeps playing up developments as some big deal or smoking gun, and then they turn out to be little or nothing.

Dershowitz says it's because some of the press is substituting hope for reality, due to their agenda. This reminds me of some of the Cats, and Cat trolls, in this thread.

poorgriz said:

So now you guys have evolved into the best defense in the big sky without playing a down of football in 2018. Holy shit you can’t make this up. First, pre season champs and now pre season best defense ever. I can promise you you will not have the best defense in the big sky.

PlayerRep said:
Just watched a clip of Alan Dershowitz, the former Harvard law professor, talking about developments in the Mueller investigation, and answering a question about why the press keeps playing up developments as some big deal or smoking gun, and then they turn out to be little or nothing.

Dershowitz says it's because some of the press is substituting hope for reality, due to their agenda. This reminds me of some of the Cats, and Cat trolls, in this thread.

That was pure poetry. We see this every year from that delusional fan base. Pre season champs, best defense in big sky without playing a down, we will go 9-2 and make a playoff run....all while nationally and even in the big sky conference they get no love at all, from coaches and media who know a lot more than their delusional fans. Then when they go 5-6 they wonder what the hell happened and if Choate is the right fit. It’s hilarious to watch EVERY year.

HookedonGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

That was pure poetry. We see this every year from that delusional fan base. Pre season champs, best defense in big sky without playing a down, we will go 9-2 and make a playoff run....all while nationally and even in the big sky conference they get no love at all, from coaches and media who know a lot more than their delusional fans. Then when they go 5-6 they wonder what the hell happened and if Choate is the right fit. It’s hilarious to watch EVERY year.

I was amused by the best defense in the conference comments too.

Anderson may end up being a solid or good qb, but I find it interesting that he is seeming to be the leading option over all of the other qb's on the roster. Either he is really that good, or the others are surprisingly not good.

My view is that Dershowitz would think that some Griz who believe MSU will be 5-6 this year, may also be substituting hope for reality.

From where I sit, I think the Cats have been improving and building the program under Choate. They seem to have good coaches. They seem to have been recruiting well. They have been close in a large number of tough games. They appear to be on the path to winning those games, or some of them. They have found a way to beat the Griz two years in a row. While I feel good about where the Griz are headed, and am hopeful for this year, I'm not discounting the Cats.

The bozeman coach has done a brilliant job of hiding behind the fans. The whole 'ride for the brand' and 'win state' routines have got legions of bozeman fans all frothed up and make it almost impossible to fire the guy. As long as the fans love him, he will be the coach.

DuCharme said:
mcg said:
Half-way there.

Just after you posted, my immediate thought was “no way”...

I laughed at myself and dismissed my own comment.

Yeah we are really just coasting down hill to the finish line now. I think we've got this in the bag.

PlayerRep said:
HookedonGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

I was amused by the best defense in the conference comments too.

Anderson may end up being a solid or good qb, but I find it interesting that he is seeming to be the leading option over all of the other qb's on the roster. Either he is really that good, or the others are surprisingly not good.

My view is that Dershowitz would think that some Griz who believe MSU will be 5-6 this year, may also be substituting hope for reality.

From where I sit, I think the Cats have been improving and building the program under Choate. They seem to have good coaches. They seem to have been recruiting well. They have been close in a large number of tough games. They appear to be on the path to winning those games, or some of them. They have found a way to beat the Griz two years in a row. While I feel good about where the Griz are headed, and am hopeful for this year, I'm not discounting the Cats.

I agree. They have had great recruiting classes the past couple of years, and I believe that their last class was ranked in the top 5 nationally by one service (#3, I think). We need to utilize our great facilities (including the new athletic center) to up-our-game in recruiting, as it has been less than stellar the past 6 years.

Back