• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

A Choat-led 4yr losing streak?

PlayerRep said:
Just watched a clip of Alan Dershowitz, the former Harvard law professor, talking about developments in the Mueller investigation, and answering a question about why the press keeps playing up developments as some big deal or smoking gun, and then they turn out to be little or nothing.

Dershowitz says it's because some of the press is substituting hope for reality, due to their agenda. This reminds me of some of the Cats, and Cat trolls, in this thread.
So, you're ok w/ a foreign power affecting the basic foundation of our government, elections? It's not something to be poo-pooed. The Muller investigation would not have occurred if many in our govt. did not think it serious. If Hillary had won & you people were doing the same thing, I'd be behind a special investigation, as well. I can't believe you people. :roll:

poorgriz said:
HookedonGriz said:
poorgriz said:
Sounds like TA made some really good throws. Made a couple mistakes and missed a couple throws but there were several factors causing that from what I'm told. The biggest factor of course - being in a red jersey, and going up against one of if not the best defense in the Big Sky. He's young, some of the receivers are young, there will be some timing issues and mistakes will be made. If TA is at full strength at the end of the season, look out.

P.S. I heard your QBs have been throwing a LOT of interceptions, true?

So now you guys have evolved into the best defense in the big sky without playing a down of football in 2018. Holy shit you can’t make this up. First, pre season champs and now pre season best defense ever. I can promise you you will not have the best defense in the big sky.

Sometimes you guys really come off as brain dead over here. Is it really that hard for you to understand? Let's break it down. I said, exactly. "One of if not the best defense in the Big Sky." Last year we finished the year 2nd in scoring defense (The most important defensive stat by far), and 3rd in total defense. So last year we unquestionably had one of the best defenses in the Big Sky. The talent that has been brought into the defense and will play in 2018 is seriously going to be something to watch. Will it be enough to take over Weber as the best defense in the Big Sky? I think it might but I'm not positive. That's why I said "One of if not the best." Seriously, some of you guys need to look around and pay attention to what is happening with other programs, like PR does.
But there’s two sides of the ball, so this year could be different. Last year you guys had a qb, not a very good one, but someone who was recruited as a qb, went thru multiple camps as a qb, had experience and knowledge of the full playbook at his disposal, etc.

This year, when the 3-n-outs start piling up, your D will look like shit as usual. We would know best. Ty does not like 3-n-outs; they created a wedge between he and Stitt and started the in-fighting...

HookedonGriz said:
4theluvofgriz said:
PlayerRep said:
HookedonGriz said:
That was pure poetry. We see this every year from that delusional fan base. Pre season champs, best defense in big sky without playing a down, we will go 9-2 and make a playoff run....all while nationally and even in the big sky conference they get no love at all, from coaches and media who know a lot more than their delusional fans. Then when they go 5-6 they wonder what the hell happened and if Choate is the right fit. It’s hilarious to watch EVERY year.

I was amused by the best defense in the conference comments too.

Anderson may end up being a solid or good qb, but I find it interesting that he is seeming to be the leading option over all of the other qb's on the roster. Either he is really that good, or the others are surprisingly not good.

My view is that Dershowitz would think that some Griz who believe MSU will be 5-6 this year, may also be substituting hope for reality.

From where I sit, I think the Cats have been improving and building the program under Choate. They seem to have good coaches. They seem to have been recruiting well. They have been close in a large number of tough games. They appear to be on the path to winning those games, or some of them. They have found a way to beat the Griz two years in a row. While I feel good about where the Griz are headed, and am hopeful for this year, I'm not discounting the Cats.

I agree. They have had great recruiting classes the past couple of years, and I believe that their last class was ranked in the top 5 nationally by one service (#3, I think). We need to utilize our great facilities (including the new athletic center) to up-our-game in recruiting, as it has been less than stellar the past 6 years.

It was by Hero Sports, the same service who ranked the Griz recruiting class #3 a few years back and they all blasted the fact that Hero Sports was a nobody and didn’t know anything. Now they embrace it. Also, that recruting class is already without 3-4 main recruits who showed up and left, didn’t show up at all, or are ineligible. Their latest RB drowpdown from Indiana(Natee) they were so high on hasn’t been seen in a week.....True story. So they are now down about 12 stars in that touted class.

Not true. Fake news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Griz66 said:
This is a bit off subject but a good way to keep this going. I am in MT now doing my annual bike trip around the state. Was in Bozeman on Friday and watched the Cat practice for a bit and then rode the bike around campus. The amount of growth and building is amazing. I cannot figure out with all the hype and excitement around the program, why the stadium, with the exception of the end zone expansion still looks so crappy . The east bleachers are rusted just like they were when I took my son there for a Griz game some 25 years ago--surely they could at least afford some paint or something. All in all it reminds me of a glorified high school stadium that you see in states like Texas,Georgia and Florida. The Cats must not have a Washington family who is willing to come up with the $'s to at least make it look decent. Maybe a few more 6-5 seasons will make a big donor come forward!!

It is going to be replaced. It was last painted using lead paint. It will cost a fortune to have it just painted, thus plans are underway to replace it and bowl in the stadium plus adding a new athletic center. Project a next Spring start.

bigsky33 said:
HookedonGriz said:
4theluvofgriz said:
PlayerRep said:

Anderson may end up being a solid or good qb, but I find it interesting that he is seeming to be the leading option over all of the other qb's on the roster. Either he is really that good, or the others are surprisingly not good.

My view is that Dershowitz would think that some Griz who believe MSU will be 5-6 this year, may also be substituting hope for reality.

From where I sit, I think the Cats have been improving and building the program under Choate. They seem to have good coaches. They seem to have been recruiting well. They have been close in a large number of tough games. They appear to be on the path to winning those games, or some of them. They have found a way to beat the Griz two years in a row. While I feel good about where the Griz are headed, and am hopeful for this year, I'm not discounting the Cats.

I agree. They have had great recruiting classes the past couple of years, and I believe that their last class was ranked in the top 5 nationally by one service (#3, I think). We need to utilize our great facilities (including the new athletic center) to up-our-game in recruiting, as it has been less than stellar the past 6 years.

It was by Hero Sports, the same service who ranked the Griz recruiting class #3 a few years back and they all blasted the fact that Hero Sports was a nobody and didn’t know anything. Now they embrace it. Also, that recruting class is already without 3-4 main recruits who showed up and left, didn’t show up at all, or are ineligible. Their latest RB drowpdown from Indiana(Natee) they were so high on hasn’t been seen in a week.....True story. So they are now down about 12 stars in that touted class.

Not true. Fake news.

Must be embarrassing that I know more about your team than you do. Here you go fuckstick:

Putney - 3 star safety (best recruit in your class) - didn't get through NCAA clearinghouse
Long - 3 star (Choate said he’d compete for playing time) - came for 5 day’s and left
White - 3 star RB - didn’t get brought NCAA clearinghouse
Natee - 3 star drop down RB from Indiana (was going to be a starter, you guys were giddy over him) - hasn’t been at practice or meetings for a week

Count em up dipshit.... 3+3+3+3=12. That’s 12 less stars you guys were gushing over. You have zero credibility here to begin with over your Vernon Adams debacle, now you’re making it worse when Griz fans School you on your own team.

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:
mcg said:
The bozeman coach has done a brilliant job of hiding behind the fans. The whole 'ride for the brand' and 'win state' routines have got legions of bozeman fans all frothed up and make it almost impossible to fire the guy. As long as the fans love him, he will be the coach.

Cat football, A Multigenerational Commitment to Mediocrity

Sounds like a 30 for 30 on espn, but not exactly. More like this:

"What if I told you there was a program that literally always fell way short of it's own expectations, but continued to act like it never happened. SWX presents 9 for 13: Cat football and the Multigenerational Committment to Mediocrity. This Sunday morning at 3:15 a.m."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I can see that documentary spring boarding into a full length block buster movie.

In a world where each spring brings another perennial national preseason championship, one college football program's fan base stands alone in its delusional and distorted outlook of its football team.

Defying the odds and the logical conclusion that historically they're just a 2nd rate backwater fcs program that's only won one playoff game in a generation, the never say die--until October fan base stands proud for their boys in blue. They know in their hearts that this year is going to be different . . . again.

maxresdefault.jpg

Costarring Jim Carrey as rabid fan bigsky33
I can't remember which one, but we were second in some defensive category last year in the conference. Coach said we're better so we will definitely be the top defense in the conference this year

Jim_Carrey_Dumb_Dumber.jpg

Also costarring Billy Bob Thornton as litter box troll ABQCat
Mmm . . .Like the coaches and the media know shit about us to rank us so low. With our freshman recruits and whatnot we'll be at the top of the conference standings and back in the playoffs. Book it! Mmmm hmmm

latest

Also Costarring Elvis Costello as himself AD Costello:
Gloria, hold my calls for the rest of the day. What's that? Sherman Williams wants to donate paint? Well I'm very busy with things so like I said, hold all calls!

. . . Sorry about the interruption, so I jump from a C to a G cord there?

SCN_21-12-2013_WEEKEND_02_SCN191213ELVIS1_ct677x380.jpg

Costarring Andy Richter as the ambitious traitor, Ty Gregorak, the msu defensive coordinator
Ah huh, so the Rocky Head Coach is in the hospital? He might not pull thru?

andy.jpg

Costarring the recently thawed out Otzi, the frozen Alps caveman, as Coach Choate the barely literate msu head football coach and leader of the cat brain trust.
We beat sky now!

neanderthalensis2.jpg

Costarring Selma Hyack as the beautiful and brilliant Dr. Waded Crusado, the anxious college president trying to keep the program afloat and fearing the end is near.

They hired who? I Yi Yi!!

4120944E00000578-0-image-a-1_1496676658230.jpg

With special guest star Coach Bobby Hauck

darth-vader.jpg

Don't miss the Feel good picture of the year!

maxresdefault.jpg

HookedonGriz said:
bigsky33 said:
HookedonGriz said:
4theluvofgriz said:

Not true. Fake news.

Must be embarrassing that I know more about your team than you do. Here you go f***[*]:

Putney - 3 star safety (best recruit in your class) - didn't get through NCAA clearinghouse
Long - 3 star (Choate said he’d compete for playing time) - came for 5 day’s and left
White - 3 star RB - didn’t get brought NCAA clearinghouse
Natee - 3 star drop down RB from Indiana (was going to be a starter, you guys were giddy over him) - hasn’t been at practice or meetings for a week

Count em up dipshit.... 3+3+3+3=12. That’s 12 less stars you guys were gushing over. You have zero credibility here to begin with over your Vernon Adams debacle, now you’re making it worse when Griz fans School you on your own team.

Natee is still on team. Family issue. It is normal for teams to lose a couple of recruits. Griz lost a good one too. Cats still had an excellent recruiting year and already have 9 good commits for next year.

Ursa Major said:
HookedonGriz said:
4theluvofgriz said:
PlayerRep said:

Have the Nichols boys been paroled yet? They used to have a thing for msu student athletes.

Nevermind. Just a thought.

Holy shit that’s some of the finer work I’ve seen on Egriz. POTY nominee here!

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:
mcg said:
The bozeman coach has done a brilliant job of hiding behind the fans. The whole 'ride for the brand' and 'win state' routines have got legions of bozeman fans all frothed up and make it almost impossible to fire the guy. As long as the fans love him, he will be the coach.

"What if I told you there was a program that literally always fell way short of it's own expectations, but continued to act like it never happened. SWX presents 9 for 13: Cat football and the Multigenerational Committment to Mediocrity. This Sunday morning at 3:15 a.m."

I can see that documentary spring boarding into a full length block buster movie.

In a world where each spring brings another perennial national preseason championship, one college football program's fan base stands alone in its delusional and distorted outlook of its football team.

Defying the odds and the logical conclusion that historically they're a 2nd rate backwater fcs program that's won one playoff game in a generation, the never say die--until October fan base stands proud for their boys in blue and knows in their hearts that this year is going to be different . . . again.

maxresdefault.jpg

I can't remember which one, but we were second in some defensive category last year in the conference. Coach said we're better so we will definitely be the top defense in the conference this year

Mmm . . .Like the coaches and the media know shit about us to rank us so low. We'll be at the top of the conference standings and back in the playoffs. Book it! Mmmm hmmm

latest

Gloria, hold my calls for the rest of the day. So I jump from a C to a G cord there?

Costarring Andy Richter as the ambitious traitor, Ty Gregorak, the msu defensive coordinator
Ah huh, so the Rocky Head Coach is in the hospital? Do they think he'll pull thru?

andy.jpg

Costarring the recently thawed out Otzi, the frozen Alps caveman, as Coach Choate the barely literate msu head football coach and leader of the cat brain trust.
We beat sky now!

neanderthalensis2.jpg

Costarring Selma Hyack as the beautiful and brilliant Dr. Waded Crusado, the anxious college president trying to keep the program afloat and fearing the end is near.

They hired who?

darth-vader.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Dammmmmmn just when I said Your previous post was top notch......you go and do this! Another POTY NOMINEE for sure. En fuego my friend!

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:
mcg said:

Defying the odds and the logical conclusion that historically they're just a 2nd rate backwater fcs program that's only won one playoff game in a generation, the never say die--until October fan base stands proud for their boys in blue. They know in their hearts that this year is going to be different . . . again.

maxresdefault.jpg

Mmm . . .Like the coaches and the media know shit about us to rank us so low. We'll be at the top of the conference standings and back in the playoffs. Book it! Mmmm hmmm

latest

Gloria, hold my calls for the rest of the day. So I jump from a C to a G cord there?

Ah huh, so the Rocky Head Coach is in the hospital? Do they think he'll pull thru?

andy.jpg

We beat sky now!

neanderthalensis2.jpg

They hired who?

darth-vader.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Great actor for Bobby. Perfect.

bigsky33 said:
Griz66 said:
This is a bit off subject but a good way to keep this going. I am in MT now doing my annual bike trip around the state. Was in Bozeman on Friday and watched the Cat practice for a bit and then rode the bike around campus. The amount of growth and building is amazing. I cannot figure out with all the hype and excitement around the program, why the stadium, with the exception of the end zone expansion still looks so crappy . The east bleachers are rusted just like they were when I took my son there for a Griz game some 25 years ago--surely they could at least afford some paint or something. All in all it reminds me of a glorified high school stadium that you see in states like Texas,Georgia and Florida. The Cats must not have a Washington family who is willing to come up with the $'s to at least make it look decent. Maybe a few more 6-5 seasons will make a big donor come forward!!

It is going to be replaced. It was last painted using lead paint. It will cost a fortune to have it just painted, thus plans are underway to replace it and bowl in the stadium plus adding a new athletic center. Project a next Spring start.

You're telling me the remaining paint that is exposed and currently falling off is lead based?

Mmmmyum, paint chip Junior?

Wowzers, made it to 17 pages. I'm thinking most of you actually do recognize the 2018 version of the MSU BOBCATS as a serious contender. Otherwise I'm not thinking you would be investing so much time and energy into discrediting them.

poorgriz said:
Wowzers, made it to 17 pages. I'm thinking most of you actually do recognize the 2018 version of the MSU BOBCATS as a serious contender. Otherwise I'm not thinking you would be investing so much time and energy into discrediting them.

To be fair you and your lesbian friends have contributed at least half of those 17 pages with your “everything is rainbow and butterflies” at kitty camp mentality. I think you should spend more time on your kitty board than here. But you girls love the Griz so much I know it’s tough to stay away. Little brother 101.

HookedonGriz said:
poorgriz said:

To be fair you and your lesbian friends have contributed at least half of those 17 pages with your “everything is rainbow and butterflies” at kitty camp mentality. I think you should spend more time on your kitty board than here. But you girls love the Griz so much I know it’s tough to stay away. Little brother 101.

HAHA - I giggled.

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:
mcg said:

maxresdefault.jpg

Mmm . . .Like the coaches and the media know shit about us to rank us so low. With our freshman recruits and whatnot we'll be at the top of the conference standings and back in the playoffs. Book it! Mmmm hmmm

latest

Gloria, hold my calls for the rest of the day. What's that? Sherman Williams wants to donate paint? Well I'm very busy with things so like I said, hold all calls!

andy.jpg

We beat sky now!

neanderthalensis2.jpg

darth-vader.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

POTY

HookedonGriz said:
poorgriz said:

+1

poorgriz said:
HookedonGriz said:
So now you guys have evolved into the best defense in the big sky without playing a down of football in 2018. Holy shit you can’t make this up. First, pre season champs and now pre season best defense ever. I can promise you you will not have the best defense in the big sky.

Sometimes you guys really come off as brain dead over here. Is it really that hard for you to understand? Let's break it down. I said, exactly. "One of if not the best defense in the Big Sky." Last year we finished the year 2nd in scoring defense (The most important defensive stat by far), and 3rd in total defense. So last year we unquestionably had one of the best defenses in the Big Sky. The talent that has been brought into the defense and will play in 2018 is seriously going to be something to watch. Will it be enough to take over Weber as the best defense in the Big Sky? I think it might but I'm not positive. That's why I said "One of if not the best." Seriously, some of you guys need to look around and pay attention to what is happening with other programs, like PR does.

Funny how MSU fans think the Cat defense is right up there with Weber St as the best in the conference! The truth is, MSU was not even in the same ball park as Weber St! In scoring defense WSU was the best in the Big Sky at 15.8 points a game, nobody else was even close. S. Utah, MSU and NAU were well behind at 24.2, 24.6, and 24.9 points a game (conference only stats). UM was 5th at 28.8 points a game, and that was with an offense that was one of the worst in the league in time of possession (2nd to last) and turnovers (tied 2nd to last). I'm expecting Big Sky fans will see a defense that improves quite a bit this year, but it isn't from Bozeman.

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:
mcg said:

maxresdefault.jpg

latest

andy.jpg

We beat sky now!

neanderthalensis2.jpg

darth-vader.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
Pretty good for me actually. I'll take it. Not a bad choice for Cuzado too. ABQ approves this post.

Back