• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Always wearing the Griz gear

AZDoc

DONOR
Random post that I forgot to post last week. I played in a fundraising golf tourney last weekend, of course wearing a Griz attire. At one of the holes, a volunteer came up to me with a “Go Griz” (I did not say fight on). She then said “my cousin plays for the Griz. He’s Esa Longoria.” Well I thought that was of course great. She asked if she could take our picture so she could send it to Esa and his mom. I laughed but certainly said yes. If she actually sent it, there’s a picture floating around of my group with my fat azz wearing the gear! She was very nice and had nothing but good things to say about her cousin and the Griz. :thumb:
Love when I get a Go Griz at random places like that. Got one on a Caribbean cruise once as well. How about we start a thread about random places we hear a Go Griz? There are my first 2.

If I can figure out how to post the picture from my phone I will, but a couple years ago the Dodgers (I think) played the Cuban national team in Havana. I was watching on TV and as the 2 presidents were walking to their seats in the stadium it panned the crowd and sure enough there was a guy with a Griz hat on. I had to rewind and get a picture. Cuba of all places!

At the Pantheon in Rome. Was drinking wine at one of the cafes on the piazza while wearing a Griz golf polo.

I was once at the Cantina on Mos Eisley while running a highly secretive shipment of Kyber Crystals. As I came up to the bar sporting my Griz gear, the bartender gave me a “Go Griz” and then promptly drew his blaster on me. It wasn’t until after he was falling to the floor from my counter blaster shot, that I noticed the blue solo cups with the cat logos by the cash register. I also then courteously returned the “Go Griz” over his cat-loving smoldering corpse.

Selah, Wa - (Central Wa St.)
last 10 years or so I hear it all the time!!
Cabo San Lucas, MX - A Former player struck a convo, don’t recall his name.

alabamagrizzly said:
I was once at the Cantina on Mos Eisley while running a highly secretive shipment of Kyber Crystals. As I came up to the bar sporting my Griz gear, the bartender gave me a “Go Griz” and then promptly drew his blaster on me. It wasn’t until after he was falling to the floor from my counter blaster shot, that I noticed the blue solo cups with the cat logos by the cash register. I also then courteously returned the “Go Griz” over his cat-loving smoldering corpse.

PoTY

alabamagrizzly said:

That story is complete bull$h!t! We all know Bama shot first!

AZDoc said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Hey, at the Cantina the last man breathing writes history and dead men tell no tales.

Heard it all the time in Fort Collins. In Alabama I only met 2 people who even knew who the griz were. They went on to describe the griz as a "highschool team"

alabamagrizzly said:
AZDoc said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Hey, at the Cantina the last man breathing writes history and dead men tell no tales.

History is written by the winners! :x

In Costa Rica during my failed coup attempt. Lots of times when I used to frequent Vancouver Island.

While walking out of bar after the Rose Bowl, I spotted a guy wearing Griz football gear. It was the Calhoun's dad.

If you stay in one of the big resort in Maui on Kaanapoli beach you will have several people say go Griz if you wear your gear around. A LOT of Montana people vacation on Kaanapoli beach.

Back