• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

When will Griz fans demand a change?

mcg said:
We did demand a change and now UND is gone.

But let's be honest here...UND other than travel is a much better UNIVERSITY than the directional or city state schools. The only good part about playing in Portland and Sacramento are recruiting.

AZDoc said:
mcg said:

But let's be honest here...UND other than travel is a much better UNIVERSITY than the directional or city state schools. The only good part about playing in Portland and Sacramento are recruiting.
The only good part about playing an UNC is the beer in the concessions.

kemajic said:
AZDoc said:
mcg said:

you stop it! Wouldn't want to :dead: around here! hahaha

CamCam79 said:
Htowngriz said:
fanofzoo said:
Diesel said:
You know how you get a one armed North Dakotian out of a tree?

Sounds like UNDfan has separation anxiety.

I give...how?

Wave at him.

HAHA! Funny I didnt know there were any trees in NODAK. Another old saying goes..there is a pretty girl behind every tree in North Dakota.
Really?, The reigning Miss America cara mund is from Bismarck so there's that.

kemajic said:
AZDoc said:
mcg said:

That WAS awesome....I was pleasantly surprised in '16 when I went there and was able to purchase beer...

Griz90 said:
Uhhhhh......Nope! Big fish in a small pond versus guppy in a shark tank. That's the FCS versus FBS comparison for our Griz. And how about the playoffs? PLAYOFFS?! Playoffs! I'll take the FCS Playoff system versus playing in the Beef-O-Brady Bowl any fricking day. And who gives even one shit about how many opposing fans come to OUR stadium. We ain't got room for those losers anyway....it's full of Griz fans.
X2 :thumb:

TCCGRIZ said:
Griz90 said:
Uhhhhh......Nope! Big fish in a small pond versus guppy in a shark tank. That's the FCS versus FBS comparison for our Griz. And how about the playoffs? PLAYOFFS?! Playoffs! I'll take the FCS Playoff system versus playing in the Beef-O-Brady Bowl any fricking day. And who gives even one shit about how many opposing fans come to OUR stadium. We ain't got room for those losers anyway....it's full of Griz fans.

I've gradually moved from being a "move-up" proponent to "I'll support moving up when G5 has a playoff system"...

AZGrizFan said:
TCCGRIZ said:
Griz90 said:

I've gradually moved from being a "move-up" proponent to "I'll support moving up when G5 has a playoff system"...
100% agree.it was proven by Central Florida last year the G5 teams have absolutely no chance unless they expand the playoffs to a minimum of 8 teams.

braves84 said:
AZGrizFan said:
TCCGRIZ said:
Griz90 said:

100% agree.it was proven by Central Florida last year the G5 teams have absolutely no chance unless they expand the playoffs to a minimum of 8 teams.

Oh I don't think G5 teams will EVER have a chance, even at 16 teams. It would still take a miracle. That's why G5 needs their OWN playoff system (it could still be wrapped around the bowls like P5's is)...THEN I would begin supporting a potential move up again. Until then, I'll just sit back and watch us RTD.

Damn, UNDfam game in with guns a blazing.
I admit I’ve never seen (or paid attention to) his posts before, apparently this is not out of the ordinary.

That was a whole lot of cockiness from a UND fan, I know they think they’re tough shit going to the MVC. But the way he’s talking you’d think they just dominated the lowly BSC while they were in it. UND is 23-25 in Big Sky play since joining the league....

I truly hope each Big Sky team they play dominates them this year as a parting gift. I’m sure they’ll be solid, but they’re not going to be the dominant force that this guy apparently thinks they are.

I know it's unpopular to some but personally I'd love for us and MSU to move up to the MWC, the regional opponents alone would be awesome to face every year.

That being said the only chance in hell for anything like this to happen would be the reformation of the Great West or another Conference and the likelyhood of that is miniscule at best. Personally if we're going to get a 14th team my vote is for the Conference to split into 2 Divisons for scheduling purposes, and ideally I'd want San Diego to join (more benefits then CWU) if the Toreros joined:

NORTH
-Montana, MSU, Idaho, ISU, EWU, PSU, UNC

SOUTH:
-Cal Poly, SAC, UC-Davis, SUU, NAU, Weber, USD

Garuntees scheduling for 6-9 games (6 in Divison, 2-3 from opposite per year) still leaving room for $$ games or the potential to avoid scheduling a D2 opponent by adding another cross Divison game.

UTGrizFan said:
I know it's unpopular to some but personally I'd love for us and MSU to move up to the MWC, the regional opponents alone would be awesome to face every year.

That being said the only chance in hell for anything like this to happen would be the reformation of the Great West or another Conference and the likelyhood of that is miniscule at best. Personally if we're going to get a 14th team my vote is for the Conference to split into 2 Divisons for scheduling purposes, and ideally I'd want San Diego to join (more benefits then CWU) if the Toreros joined:

NORTH
-Montana, MSU, Idaho, ISU, EWU, PSU, UNC

SOUTH:
-Cal Poly, SAC, UC-Davis, SUU, NAU, Weber, USD

Garuntees scheduling for 6-9 games (6 in Divison, 2-3 from opposite per year) still leaving room for $$ games or the potential to avoid scheduling a D2 opponent by adding another cross Divison game.

If they add a 14th they almost have to form divisions. At that point, I'm not sure why they don't just split into two conferences again.

AZGrizFan said:
If they add a 14th they almost have to form divisions. At that point, I'm not sure why they don't just split into two conferences again.

You're not wrong, also adding another Conference out west would potentially open the doors for more teams to make the move and help out with the scheduling issues some Big Sky teams have.

UTGrizFan said:
AZGrizFan said:

You're not wrong, also adding another Conference out west would potentially open the doors for more teams to make the move and help out with the scheduling issues some Big Sky teams have.

I will NEVER like the concept of having to schedule Nonconference games with CONFERENCE opponents (ala EWU @ NAU this weekend).

AZGrizFan said:
I will NEVER like the concept of having to schedule Nonconference games with CONFERENCE opponents (ala EWU @ NAU this weekend).

I personally would take that over a D2 or NAIA team, but if another Conference was created and we had teams like CSU-Pueblo, CWU, Dixie State ect. join with some of the current Big Sky teams would help avoiding D2 teams.

Typical Griz fans.

So you follow Royce’s lead compliantly.

When Seth comes out in favor of the Summit, you will suddenly have no complaints because of your compliance.

UNDfan said:
Typical Griz fans.

So you follow Royce’s lead compliantly.

When Seth comes out in favor of the Summit, you will suddenly have no complaints because of your compliance.

Let's see how this year and next year turns out for you before you start giving advise to other teams and conferences. And by the way, what is this year's record so far on Big Sky vs Missouri Valley?

Back