• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

When will Griz fans demand a change?

UNDfan said:
Typical Griz fans.

So you follow Royce’s lead compliantly.

When Seth comes out in favor of the Summit, you will suddenly have no complaints because of your compliance.

It's posts like this that make me so happy that the great North Dakotan diaspora has not impacted Montana. Despite the state's close proximity to Montana, the ND refugees continue to move due east to Minnesota and Wisconsin which are not only downhill but offer natural migratory paths to greater fast food and all-you- can- eat dining opportunities.

Most researchers believe that the relatively close diaspora settlement area (DSA) in both Minnesota and Western Wisconsin is linked to the high levels of obesity and diabetes found in the population. One researcher put it bluntly, "Fatty ain't going far in the snow. Especially when attempting to attach snow shoes and mukluks to missing diabetic limbs." Enjoy the Summit.

garizzalies said:
So your plan to avoid scheduling D2s is to have them join the conf?

More create a new out West Conference as that is the only way Montana will, as it was put "demand a change" which the likelyhood is still miniscule to none.

Griz fans have already demanded a change. Switch football coaches and hire one who will Return Us To Dominance.

So far, so good. Let's get back to deep playoff runs and trips to the national championship game. 9 or more home games per year.

Personally, if it was guaranteed that UM could be as successful as Boise St., I would say no thanks.

Ursa Major said:
UNDfan said:
Typical Griz fans.

So you follow Royce’s lead compliantly.

When Seth comes out in favor of the Summit, you will suddenly have no complaints because of your compliance.

It's posts like this that make me so happy that the great North Dakota diaspora has not impacted Montana. Despite the state's close proximity to montana, the ND refugees continue to move due east to Minnesota and Wisconsin which are not only downhill but offer natural migratory paths to greater fast food and all-you- can- eat dining opportunities.

Most researchers believe that the relatively close diaspora settlement area (DSA) in both Minnesota and Western Wisconsin is linked to the high levels of obesity and diabetes found in the population. One researcher put it bluntly, "Fatty ain't going far in the snow. Especially when attempting to attach snow shoes and mukluks to missing diabetic limbs." Enjoy the Summit.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PlayerRep said:
Griz fans have already demanded a change. Switch football coaches and hire one who will Return Us To Dominance.

So far, so good. Let's get back to deep playoff runs and trips to the national championship game. 9 or more home games per year.

Personally, if it was guaranteed that UM could be as successful as Boise St., I would say no thanks.
So we get to watch Drake instead of Utah St.

I would much rather watch the Drakes (and NI's, EWU's and NDSU's) of the world, have fun at the games, beat most of them, go to the playoffs, and get to the national championship game on occasion. Rather than watch Utah St, and lose to them in most years, perhaps getting clobbered in many years. I have no interest in Utah St. When I see them on a channel, I flip to the next one. Would much rather watch Cats v. WIU. My family's trips to Chattanooga to watch the Griz and have fun, have been some of my favorite sporting events ever.

The last player I could name from Utah St is Merlin Olson.

But if we would watch Utah St., we might also be lucky enough to get an invitation to the Famous Potato Bowl and an all expense paid trip to...…...oh, never mind!

kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:

So we get to watch Drake instead of Utah St.
Right, plus the exposure of getting to the fiesta bowl 3 times. get to play host to pac 12 schools,etc... Why would you want that kind of success. O.k.

PlayerRep said:
I would much rather watch the Drakes (and NI's, EWU's and NDSU's) of the world, have fun at the games, beat most of them, go to the playoffs, and get to the national championship game on occasion. Rather than watch Utah St, and lose to them in most years, perhaps getting clobbered in many years. I have no interest in Utah St. When I see them on a channel, I flip to the next one. Would much rather watch Cats v. WIU. My family's trips to Chattanooga to watch the Griz and have fun, have been some of my favorite sporting events ever.

*Olsen :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

UNDfan posts on UND's message board as SiouxVolley. If you have a lot of time to kill, there are some mildly entertaining (and almost always 100% wrong) predictions, conjectures, and theories regarding how multiple combinations of UND, the Big Sky, the WAC, and some of the MVFC/Summit league schools were supposed to and/or will be going FBS.

https://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/19202-und-and-the-big-sky-could-go-fbs/

https://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/23628-und-to-summitmvfc/

https://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/16061-conference-realignments-take-2/

runtheoption said:
UNDfan posts on UND's message board as SiouxVolley. If you have a lot of time to kill, there are some mildly entertaining (and almost always 100% wrong) predictions, conjectures, and theories regarding how multiple combinations of UND, the Big Sky, the WAC, and some of the MVFC/Summit league schools were supposed to and/or will be going FBS.

https://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/19202-und-and-the-big-sky-could-go-fbs/

https://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/23628-und-to-summitmvfc/

https://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/16061-conference-realignments-take-2/

Yep, formerly star2city, same MO since day 1 though.

Actually, in all seriousness, Drake had a little bit of a dry spell in terms of players being drafted in the NFL. That dry spell ran from 1983 to 2017:

2017 Eric Saubert Atlanta Falcons TE
1983 Pat Dunsmore Chicago Bears TE

kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
And the last player you could name from Drake is................

"David Doeren [former UM asst coach is] the head football coach at North Carolina State University. He was previously the head coach at Northern Illinois University and has been an assistant at the University of Wisconsin, University of Kansas, University of Montana, and University of Southern California. He played college football at Drake University, where he also held his first assistant coaching position."

These 3 current players in particular. They are both good. Especially 81 (Doran).

"#15 Grant Kraemer, QB: Kraemer is a 5th year senior and their returning starting QB. He’s 6-3, 228 pounds. Last year he averaged 261 yards per game with a 61% completion. 20 TDs to 10 INTs. Not much of a runner but needs to be accounted for when he scrambles out of the pocket, he did have 2 rushing TDs last year.

#81 Stephen Doran, WR: This 6-3, 218 pound WR was the main target in their pass-heavy offense last year. He averaged about 80 yards per game, had 8 TDs on the season and averaged almost 21 yards per catch!"

"Jordan Lewinsky was a 2017 Second Team All-PFL selection at o-line last year and helped the Bulldogs aver- age 378 yards of total offense and 26.8 points per game last season."

PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:

"David Doeren [former UM asst coach is] the head football coach at North Carolina State University. He was previously the head coach at Northern Illinois University and has been an assistant at the University of Wisconsin, University of Kansas, University of Montana, and University of Southern California. He played college football at Drake University, where he also held his first assistant coaching position."

These 3 current players in particular. They are both good. Especially 81 (Doran).

"#15 Grant Kraemer, QB: Kraemer is a 5th year senior and their returning starting QB. He’s 6-3, 228 pounds. Last year he averaged 261 yards per game with a 61% completion. 20 TDs to 10 INTs. Not much of a runner but needs to be accounted for when he scrambles out of the pocket, he did have 2 rushing TDs last year.

#81 Stephen Doran, WR: This 6-3, 218 pound WR was the main target in their pass-heavy offense last year. He averaged about 80 yards per game, had 8 TDs on the season and averaged almost 21 yards per catch!"

"Jordan Lewinsky was a 2017 Second Team All-PFL selection at o-line last year and helped the Bulldogs aver- age 378 yards of total offense and 26.8 points per game last season."

Both of them?

Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:

Both of them?

Yes, both of the first 2. The 3d guy was just a name I knew because I had seen that he was pre-season all-conference. I have no idea if he is any good. The other 2 were mentioned by the UM coaches.

PlayerRep said:
Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:

Both of them?

Yes, both of the first 2. The 3d guy was just a name I knew because I had seen that he was pre-season all-conference. I have no idea if he is any good. The other 2 were mentioned by the UM coaches.

Thanks for the clarification.....I'd thought you meant "both" of "these 3 current players in particular" are good. Must have read it wrong.

Back