• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Do you believe in our Griz this season?

floridagriz15

It’s a simple statement. Not to get anyone’s panties in a bunch. We’ve seen some great, some good, and some ugly.

I have some faith and I do believe in Bobby. I don’t expect the world out of this years team but I see great things coming.

I believe that they overall look better than I hoped, but does that mean I believe they can make noise in the playoffs?

Nope. Not yet, at least.

If they bully WIU, I’ll start to believe in that a little more.

I think anything is possible this year, defence I believe will keep us in games and hopefully the offensive line can grow quickly. Griz nation is so hungry to get back to where we were and I think it's foolish to not see we are headed in the right direction, finally. I can see us maybe making the post season pending injuries. I'll take whatever we can get this year, the juggernaut is being put back together.
Go Griz ----------------Fight on.

uofmman1122 said:
I believe that they overall look better than I hoped, but does that mean I believe they can make noise in the playoffs?

Nope. Not yet, at least.

If they bully WIU, I’ll start to believe in that a little more.
Bingo, they put together a complete game on the road at WIU and Win, I will believe, but either way look out next year they are gonna roll

I believe in the Griz all day, every day!

As long as I see progress, effort and commitment, I’m cool.

I see a lot of good thing happening, especially on D. Offense is young and a little green, but I believe that we will only improve with time and experience!

I believe in the Griz every season. More so this year, so far.

What kind of fan doesn't believe in his/her team?

Totally believe in this team. Meaning, even if we dont have the most successful season this year I think we are in the right track and have plenty of talent. The o-line may yet prove they have the needed talent as well despite our apparent lack of run blocking success so far. What will the oline naysayers have to say if we dominate WIU up front? Not saying we will but that is how quickly opinion can change. Give them and Germer a chance to do so.

Love the hustle. Love the enthusiasm. First and foremost love the kids showing pride in representing my alma mater. Hauck will teach them that if nothing else. Nothing else needed to believe in other than that. They will be successful just give them some time. Cant wait to see how we do against WIU. Great test makes great fun. Unless we get shelled! ;)

Ursa Major said:
With 100% metaphysical Certitude.

You couldn't have used "certainty?"

Also, dude..."certitude" is not the preferred nomenclature. And never, ever, capitalize "certitude." It's just embarrassing.

POTY -1

:thumb:

Before the season I predicted 9-2 and two playoff wins... yes hell yes. Most likely 10-1 because one of the teams I thought they would have a tough time with looks like they should have dropped down to naia to be competitive

The O-line just got man handled by Drake a non-scholarship school from the Pioneer League. If the Griz are going to do anything this year this group is going to have to improve. I think they will be much improved by the end of the season they just have to win enough games early on to make the playoffs. So, yes, I believe baby!

Some huge and noticeable improvements already being seen:

- special teams (they are leading or near top in many categories)
- tackling so much better
- defense is scrappy and Olson emerging as one of best LBs in all of fcs
- better defensive scheme and smarter play calls
- attitude and effort and accountability

The O line and no running game outside QB will take a toll but so there is no doubt the Bobby effect already leading things in the right direction

I see a lot of trust being built between players on the defense. 1-11th if you will. Meaning that each player is doing his 1 part on each play. This translates to players not being out of position and limiting big gains against them. However it is difficult to assess this just watching on TV. It just appears to be better recognition communication and coverage by the defense. Granted they need to continue to work on small details and cleaning up the penalties, but I believe this could be one of the best defenses the GRIZ have had in years. We shall see.
With an excellent defense, and good special teams this Montana team will be hard to recon with. The talent is there for the offense to really become dangerous as well. If they can get enough of a run game to keep defenses honest, I believe that Dalton and his receivers will put up enough points to win close games. Defense wins championships and we have that, but this offense is not far from being really good in my opinion. I guess we shall see about that as well.
So ya, I believe. GO GRIZ!

honest opinion two games in: it will be one hell of an achievement if this team is able to make the playoffs with the current play of the O-line and nonexistent run game (qb scrambles only count as a solid run game in bozeman)

I agree with Dwood. Short answer: No.

It's really difficult to win if when you cannot run the football.

CFallsGriz said:
Ursa Major said:
With 100% metaphysical Certitude.

You couldn't have used "certainty?"

Also, dude..."certitude" is not the preferred nomenclature. And never, ever, capitalize "certitude." It's just embarrassing.

POTY -1

:thumb:

C. Falls--I was quoting John McLaughlin. I'm not certain I've ever heard anyone else use that phrase. Sorry for the inconvenience, dude :thumb:

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guAtdfCOi3g[/media]

I do believe in Bobby.
I do believe in Bear.
I do believe in Germer.
I do believe in Justin.
I do believe in Shann.
I do believe in spooks...oops wrong place.
I do believe in this Griz team. They are building strong will. They believe in themselves and each other and that some times is enough!

Back