• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

So, UM and MSU are both 2-1

indian-outlaw said:
PlayerRep said:
grizpsych said:
PlayerRep said:
You really are a loser, and vulgar. Anyone who teaches at a crap school like SW Missouri St must not be very smart or talented.

This troll post is why I'm amazed that you get work in Missoula.

We are currently extremely busy. I will send out about $200,000 of bills this month. Almost that last month. Life is good.

Looking at your posts, vulgar language, and avatar, I'm surprised that any parent would allow their kid to be taught by you.
Gawd you can be a dick PR. You were a great athlete and a successful lawyer but do you have to rub peoples nose in everything? Do you have to always one up everyone. Most of us didn't play d1 football, we are just fans. Cut us some slack sometimes dude. Just lighten up and contribute your knowledge without being so condescending.

Sorry, I don't suffer fools. Some of these guys are just too stupid to be posting on a football board. Some of them are jerks too. I'm going to support the team, players and coaches. It's in my DNA.

Why don't you tell some of these people without a clue to stop saying such dumb stuff? Or tell the to support the team, and quit dissing the team, players and coaches. Then, I would not feel compelled to speak up. Also, note that most of these guys are jumping me.

PlayerRep said:
PDXGrizzly said:
grizpsych said:
PDXGrizzly said:
PR and grizpsych, you two need to chill out. You are letting your emotions go a little wild. It’s not necessary to call out each other or demean each other to make a point. The Griz lost, it smarts. All of us feel it and all of us have placed emotional capital on the Griz. But sinking to this level is an ill wind that blows neither of you good. I’m not asking you to be buddy-buddy, but show some decency.

All PR does is demean others. Don't think I started this.

Not saying you did. It was a blanket statement

PDX, are you getting good football knowledge and analysis from psych? Do you like his vulgar language? Do you like his avatar? Do you think he ever played football or has a clue about?

I stand by my comment. Petty feuds distract from football talk and often make otherwise interesting threads unreadable. I’m not going to point fingers and guess who started what. I am simply trying to appeal to the better angels of everyone’s nature. Back to football.

PDXGrizzly said:
PlayerRep said:
PDXGrizzly said:
grizpsych said:
All PR does is demean others. Don't think I started this.

Not saying you did. It was a blanket statement

PDX, are you getting good football knowledge and analysis from psych? Do you like his vulgar language? Do you like his avatar? Do you think he ever played football or has a clue about?

I stand by my comment. Petty feuds distract from football talk and often make otherwise interesting threads unreadable. I’m not going to point fingers and guess who started what. I am simply trying to appeal to the better angels of everyone’s nature. Back to football.

I agree on the petty feuds. But many times there is one main culprit, not too. Please direct your comments to the culprit. I'm not the one using vulgar language or saying F you or saying ridiculous things about the game. Please direct you comments to the correct person in the future. Thx.

PlayerRep said:
grizpsych said:
Also, PR, go f your self! Sorry you don't get recognition for your BS.

You really are a loser, and vulgar. Anyone who teaches at a crap school like SW Missouri St must not be very smart or talented.

Nice work, Growler!

Ursa Major said:
PlayerRep said:
grizpsych said:
Also, PR, go f your self! Sorry you don't get recognition for your BS.

Nice work, Growler!
I can attest to the fact that PR is NOT Growler.

Wow.

PR was on a roll last night. Not just this thread, he blew up a few. Looks like he was up well into the night making sure everyone knew of his vast knowledge and the fact that he “doesn’t suffer fools”.

Doesn’t everyone know he’s the only one qualified around here to post and have an opinion? You obviously haven’t played the game if you disagree with him.

PlayerRep said:
indian-outlaw said:
PlayerRep said:
grizpsych said:
This troll post is why I'm amazed that you get work in Missoula.

We are currently extremely busy. I will send out about $200,000 of bills this month. Almost that last month. Life is good.

Looking at your posts, vulgar language, and avatar, I'm surprised that any parent would allow their kid to be taught by you.
Gawd you can be a dick PR. You were a great athlete and a successful lawyer but do you have to rub peoples nose in everything? Do you have to always one up everyone. Most of us didn't play d1 football, we are just fans. Cut us some slack sometimes dude. Just lighten up and contribute your knowledge without being so condescending.

Sorry, I don't suffer fools. Some of these guys are just too stupid to be posting on a football board. She of them are jerks too. I'm going to support the team, players and coaches. It's in my DNA.

Why don't you tell some of these people without a clue to stop saying such dumb stuff? Or tell the to support the team, and quit dissing the team, players and coaches. Then, I would not fell compelled to speak up. Also, note that most of these guys are jumping me.
I suppose that's fair enough rep.

No one “jumped” you PR. They’re just responding to you being a prick. Any position taken on this board which differs from yours you immediately deem wrong although you never support such a contention with any reasonable argument. Rather, you attack the poster.

Given that you leave the poster little choice to discuss the issue with you using reason, they attack in kind. At which point you blame them.

EverettGriz said:
No one “jumped” you PR. They’re just responding to you being a prick. Any position taken on this board which differs from yours you immediately deem wrong although you never support such a contention with any reasonable argument. Rather, you attack the poster.

Given that you leave the poster little choice to discuss the issue with you using reason, they attack in kind. At which point you blame them.

Not true. I disagree with many posts and posters, and never say a word. Yes, multiple posters jumped me. Virtually all of my response, especially the first few, to posters I don't agree with have arguments and substance in them. Occasionally, when there has been a lot of prior history, I responded in other ways.

Why don't you pick out a few points, and I will discuss and debate them with you. You can chose the topics if you want.

Attack the poster by saying they never played the game or don't know football? Is that some major league attack in your view? As I have said before, I am truly amazed at how some posters seem to break down and cry when I point out that it looks like they never played the game.

Catsrgrood said:
Wow.

PR was on a roll last night. Not just this thread, he blew up a few. Looks like he was up well into the night making sure everyone knew of his vast knowledge and the fact that he “doesn’t suffer fools”.

Doesn’t everyone know he’s the only one qualified around here to post and have an opinion? You obviously haven’t played the game if you disagree with him.

Yes, I thought I did a pretty good job of settling down the board on their overreactions last night. I've learned over the years that if I saw a few things, then some posters quit attacking players and coaches because they focus on coming after me.

retiredpopo said:
when I predicted we would be 9-2 (since changed to 10-1 after idaho suxed so bad) and win the big sky this was the game I thought we would lose. Still right on schedule to run the table from here on out.

I personally feel that 10-1 is not a realistic view of where this years Griz will end up. Already down one, and conference not started yet. I feel that you, and a lot of people might be overlooking teams like Cal Davis. Yes, they are 2 & 3, but 4 out of their first 5 games have been against FBS schools. Oregon, Wyoming, and #9 Stanford have beaten them, but not totally annihilated them. Only lost by 20 to Stanford yesterday. Davis Beat FBS San Jose State and FCS San Diego. Other potential losses in my mind, are a Cal Poly team that has been our nemesis in recent years, particularly at their house,North Dakota who beat Sam Houston State in Texas yesterday,Idaho at home, and MSU who has beaten us the last two years and 4 out of the last 8. IMHO, we will probably end up at 7-3 or 6-4, somewhere in that area.

PlayerRep said:
Catsrgrood said:
Wow.

Yes, I thought I did a pretty good job of settling down the board on their overreactions last night. I've learned over the years that if I saw a few things, then some posters quit attacking players and coaches because they focus on coming after me.

Your martyrdom certificate is in the mail, PR. :lol: :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
Catsrgrood said:
Wow.

Don't worry about the certificate. I get paid for doing this.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
Catsrgrood said:
Wow.

Don't worry about the certificate. I get paid for doing this.

:x

cclarkblues said:
PlayerRep said:
3 fumbles by receivers.

Much worse than merely dropping a pass.

It's not the end of the world. In fact, I can't even see it from here.

Im working outside of Winnett, I can see the end of the world, its right over there toward Jordan. But ffs stop dropping the damn ball. and can we please tackle the guy we kick the ball to? seems pretty simple to me.
oh, and ftc

bigsky33 said:
I agree with Player. Both the Griz and Cat’s will improve as season moves forward. Pretty even right now.

Based on the first three games, agree they are pretty even. Both have done some good things and had some BAD issues. My opinion though as of now is that MSU has a higher ceiling. We are getting some key players back healthy and cleaning up some mistakes, and possibly getting some clarity at QB and other key positions. um can't just manufacture a good O Line or secondary.

poorgriz said:
bigsky33 said:
I agree with Player. Both the Griz and Cat’s will improve as season moves forward. Pretty even right now.

Based on the first three games, agree they are pretty even. Both have done some good things and had some BAD issues. My opinion though as of now is that MSU has a higher ceiling. We are getting some key players back healthy and cleaning up some mistakes, and possibly getting some clarity at QB and other key positions. um can't just manufacture a good O Line or secondary.

I would agree with you except for your last point. The Griz secondary will only get better, and they are not as bad as you may think.

MTGRZ said:
poorgriz said:
bigsky33 said:

I would agree with you except for your last point. The Griz secondary will only get better, and they are not as bad as you may think.

UM's secondary is good, and has some depth.

UM is considerably better than the Cats at this point, in my view. The Cats have a limited ceiling due to the QB situation. UM's o-line will improve over the season. Calhoun will be working his way back. Veteran receivers aren't going to be fumbling many more balls this season, and certainly not 3 in a game. That in and of itself is a good lesson.

UM is considerably ahead of MSU in virtually every offensive and defensive category.

Scoring offense, 5th to 8th
Scoring defense, 3d to 9th
Total offense, 9th to 12th
Total D, 2d to 6th
Rushing offense, 11th to 7th
Rushing D, 1st to 8th
Pass O, 6th to 11th
Pass D, 9th to 6th (the difference is the 71 yard pass UM gave up to WI, otherwise UM would be ahead of Cats)
Pass efficiency, 10th to 11th
Pass efficiency D, 2d to 9th
KO returns, 1st to 3d
Punt returns, 6th to 2d 9 (I'd rather have JLM)
Interceptions, 3d to 9th
KO coverage, 3d to 11th
Sacks, 1st to 4th
Sacks against, UM has 5, Cats 2
First downs, 6th to 11th
Opponent first downs, 4th to 3d
3d down conversions, 8th to 12th
Opponent 3d down conversions, 6th to 1st

I seen zero evidence, based on stats, that the teams are about even. UM is way ahead based on stats.

poorgriz said:
bigsky33 said:

We are getting some key players back healthy and cleaning up some mistakes, and possibly getting some clarity at QB and other key positions. um can't just manufacture a good O Line or secondary.

We're only on our 3rd iteration so far, and every one of them was a sure thing! There's still a lot of the season left to figure it out!

PlayerRep said:
MTGRZ said:
poorgriz said:
bigsky33 said:

UM's secondary is good, and has some depth.

UM is considerably better than the Cats at this point, in my view. The Cats have a limited ceiling due to the QB situation. UM's o-line will improve over the season. Calhoun will be working his way back. Veteran receivers aren't going to be fumbling many more balls this season, and certainly not 3 in a game. That in and of itself is a good lesson.

UM is considerably ahead of MSU in virtually every offensive and defensive category.

Scoring offense, 5th to 8th
Scoring defense, 3d to 9th
Total offense, 9th to 12th
Total D, 2d to 6th
Rushing offense, 11th to 7th
Rushing D, 1st to 8th
Pass O, 6th to 11th
Pass D, 9th to 6th (the difference is the 71 yard pass UM gave up to WI, otherwise UM would be ahead of Cats)
Pass efficiency, 10th to 11th
Pass efficiency D, 2d to 9th
KO returns, 1st to 3d
Punt returns, 6th to 2d 9 (I'd rather have JLM)
Interceptions, 3d to 9th
KO coverage, 3d to 11th
Sacks, 1st to 4th
Sacks against, UM has 5, Cats 2
First downs, 6th to 11th
Opponent first downs, 4th to 3d
3d down conversions, 8th to 12th
Opponent 3d down conversions, 6th to 1st

I seen zero evidence, based on stats, that the teams are about even. UM is way ahead based on stats.

Will be interesting to see these numbers when we are playing the same teams...I would agree that, at this time, griz are better than the Cats. Cats also played the #3 team in the country...so that didn't help (not saying it is a major factor, just that it didn't help)

Back