• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sulser

It’s not wasted! New rule allows for 4 games to be played without burning a RS. Then Coaching Staffs then can decide if they want to RS a player or burn it.

LittleTexasGriz said:
It’s not wasted! New rule allows for 4 games to be played without burning a RS. Then Coaching Staffs then can decide if they want to RS a player or burn it.

My point, if you are going to look at a guy for 4 games, wouldn't you want to play him more than a play or two. Sorry it was over your head.

LittleTexasGriz said:
I mean, if you're going to play a kid, and you only get four games to try him out, playing him for a handful of snaps where he gets 0 targets is kind of a waste, no?

We learned almost nothing about him in this game.

PlayerRep said:
Again, did he get on the field?

Yes he played at least 2 plays that I noticed. On the second play, he was lined up in the slot on the right side and the play was designed for him to go deep and throw him the ball but as soon as Sneed got the snap, he had a guy in his face, had to scramble, and was sacked. I do agree it was a waste to play him only 2 plays and lose one game.

grizindabox said:
I am surprised no one is bitching about wasting one game of eligibility for Sulser
I know he was slated to play in week 3 or 4 just before the opening game on Saturday night at Wa-Griz. (hamstring) Maybe he went out there and he was a little tight? I have absolutely "0" doubt if this kid can get it done... :egriz:

Griz.in.nzone said:
PlayerRep said:
Again, did he get on the field?

Yes he played at least 2 plays that I noticed. On the second play, he was lined up in the slot on the right side and the play was designed for him to go deep and throw him the ball but as soon as Sneed got the snap, he had a guy in his face, had to scramble, and was sacked. I do agree it was a waste to play him only 2 plays and lose one game.

My guess is that they don't plan to redshirt him, if he stays healthy, so they will work him in slowly. Or, as was said, he didn't feel right on the couple plays.

He played at least one series that I saw. One play he looked totally lost but he was wide open on a quick slant as well but Sneed did not see him. Looked to me like Sneed never even looked his way when he was in there.

I hope he gets a few thrown his way this weekend against Sac St. I would like to see what he can because I have heard he is the best thing since the double stuffed Oreo came out.

grizaremoregooder said:
I hope he gets a few thrown his way this weekend against Sac St. I would like to see what he can because I have heard he is the best thing since the double stuffed Oreo came out.

I hope this kid becomes successful but what an idiotic and stupid topic. The kid is a freshmen. Speedy as hell, but so is everyone else at this level. Probably has the mental capacity to excel but playing or not is a learning experience as a freshman so until he has a chance to play for real speculative,negative posts are counter productive.

Back