• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Official GRIZ/Poly GAMEDAY Thread

Montana37 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Montana37 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Two takeaways:

1) Our O-line is looking much better
2) BSC refs just will NOT call holding. Period. Ever.

Bonus take:

That INT was NOT Curran’s fault. People want to jump his shit but that was all on Sneed.

We only jump on him because he constantly drops the ball.

I was only able to watch part of the game. Did he drop others?
Had one in the end zone he should’ve came down with. So I’d say two

Then I’d say one because that pass was on Sneed. Too late, too low, too hard.

We won but we did not play good assignment football against the option. A lot of times we were forcing the qb to make the pitch deep behind the line but nobody was picking up the pitch man. I thought the dline should have widened a lot more.

BW - if I were you, my game summary would read “Bobby took my advice & executed it to a tee!” About f$&king time. :lol:

Maxim said:
We won but we did not play good assignment football against the option. A lot of times we were forcing the qb to make the pitch deep behind the line but nobody was picking up the pitch man. I thought the dline should have widened a lot more.

That's because our perimeter defenders (especially Sandry) was being held badly almost every time they ran outside. :thumb:

Maxim said:

I think it's a pick your poison thing. The Griz seemed to have decided, rightly I think, that Protheroe (sp), wouldn't beat us. That means the inside is holding a bit longer and "spying" which means that everything outside becomes more pressured. It also means that the QB's natural read is to take it to the perimeter, which leaves us forcing them to make the right play and a well coached team will do it right quite often.

Back