• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Post Game: Griz fall apart

Thought all this coaching experience he brought here with this veteran staff/FBS guys was supposed to not get out coached? Out played is one thing but out coached is not acceptable.

BWahlberg said:
What's crazy to me is that right now this team should be 6-0.

bwah ha ha. had there been a couple more minutes in the game, or had uni come out prepared to play, the griz would be 3 - 3. oh, and they gave up over 400 yards to poly - on the ground. but they won that one, thanks in large part to some unforced poly errors.

6 - 0. pshaw.

The point is gentlemen, that he is accepting the responsibility! I'm not at all certain your boy Stitt would have done the same.

Gaeilge1 said:
The point is gentlemen, that he is accepting the responsibility! I'm not at all certain your boy Stitt would have done the same.
Accepting responsibility doesn't change the outcome of the game. Yesterday's offense was as sad as any I have seen for the Griz in years. That has to do with being totally unprepared. IMO, "being responsible" for being unprepared is NOT doing your job in the first place.

'68griz, fully agree. I believe that first half was easily the worst Grizzly offense I've seen in decades. Yes, the coaching could have been better but they didn't lose that game. Simply put Sneed & crew were not in the game at all.

For passing, connecting on 1 of 12 for negative 2 yards pretty well sums it up.

What the hell? Those sound like bobcat stats.

I bet they come out real focused for UND. Not saying they will win but I bet they come ready to play. I agree with those that wished Humphrey would have gotten more playing time. What is going on with our lone SR receiver? Man we need him to step up and lead. If not, put the younger guys in. Better things to come! Go Griz!!

Sneed was off yesterday. IMO they should have left Humphrey in at least until the half.
Some of Sneeds passes weren't in the right area code. Why not try someone else?

Gaeilge1 said:

Who gives a shit? He’s not the coach here.

grizfan47 said:
I bet they come out real focused for UND. Not saying they will win but I bet they come ready to play. I agree with those that wished Humphrey would have gotten more playing time. What is going on with our lone SR receiver? Man we need him to step up and lead. If not, put the younger guys in. Better things to come! Go Griz!!

UNI-came out focused, lost focus in 2nd half; hung on for win
Drake-came out lethargic, took an entire half to get untracked, put them away in 2nd half
WIU-came out like against PSU, down 14-0 in the blink of an eye, came back, then lost it in the end
CP - came out with their hair on fire, put the game away early
PSU-looked like ISU of 5 years ago for the entire 1st half; like they thought the game started at 3:00.

So, in 5 games they’ve come out “focused and ready to play” exactly twice, IMHO. They won both of those games. Three times they’ve been “less than” focused...they’re 1-2 in those games

I guess we’ll know by halftime on Saturday.

grizzpa said:
Sneed was off yesterday. IMO they should have left Humphrey in at least until the half.

IMHO benching a QB for good that was 4-1 in his first five starts and LEADING the Big Sky in total offense by a wide margin, after, at the time, was ONE bad quarter, is completely idiotic, and thankfully Bobby Hauck is NOT an idiot. He pulled Sneed to let him catch his breath and calm down (his words). He had NO INTENTIONS of benching him. (his words). I swear, every decade, football fans get worse when it comes to how fast they want the hook for a quarterback. In the 90's the hook was a season, in the 2000's it was half a season, five years ago, two or three games max, now by 2018, we're up to ONE quarter lol.

George Ferguson said:
grizzpa said:

IMHO benching a QB for good that was 4-1 in his first five starts and LEADING the Big Sky in total offense by a wide margin, after, at the time, was ONE bad quarter, is completely idiotic, and thankfully Bobby Hauck is NOT an idiot. He pulled Sneed to let him catch his breath and calm down (his words). He had NO INTENTIONS of benching him. (his words). I swear, every decade, football fans get worse when it comes to how fast they want the hook for a quarterback. In the 90's the hook was a season, in the 2000's it was half a season, five years ago, two or three games max, now by 2018, we're up to ONE quarter lol.

Agreed. In the 70s, the hook was graduation. In the 50s, it was when his son suited up as a frosh. We don't have to get into the origins of the term "the hook" with the exhumation fiascos from the 30s.

Didn't say anything about benching him for good. To me, he was like a pitcher that couldn't find the strike zone, a golfer that couldn't find the fairway.
I think there was a couple minutes left in the half and maybe some momentum could have been flipped.
Did you watch Alabama win the national championship last year?

George Ferguson said:
grizzpa said:

I was happy to see Cam, for the reasons you mention & that’s it’s helpful that he gets reps when they matter. He may not be as mobile as Sneed but it looks like he’s an accurate passer. It would be great if he had the opportunity to get more PT but as long as Dalton is healthy & the games are close that may be too much to ask.

On the topic of what Bobby says (his words) he mentioned playing them both prior to the uUni game, & that never materialized. Dalton has been as advertised & what we’d have hoped for & it’s clear it’s his legs, leadership & the struggles of the o-line are what’s keeping him lead dog.

grizzpa said:
Didn't say anything about benching him for good. To me, he was like a pitcher that couldn't find the strike zone, a golfer that couldn't find the fairway.
I think there was a couple minutes left in the half and maybe some momentum could have been flipped.
Did you watch Alabama win the national championship last year?

:lol: :lol:

Throw away game
costly turnovers to begin and end game
hats off to PSU and their kicker
CP hangover
get Sulser the ball (work edges with more than RB swing pass)
bye week can't come soon enough
Yes TEs are eligible receivers make defense tackle big guys a few times a game

AZGrizFan said:
Gaeilge1 said:
I thought the best thing about yesterday was Bobby Hauck's post game press conference in which he took all the blame for the game. He said he got outcoached, and that they were not adequately prepared on offense, defense and special teams and that it was his fault and he accepted full responsibility.

For some reason, in a day when it seems like everyone is blaming everyone else for problems, I found Bobby's remarks refreshing and extraordinary!

I thought when Bobby got here the days of being outcoached were over? He’s now been outcoached the 2nd half of the UNI game, the 1st quarter and last 5 minutes of the WIU game, the 1st half of the Sac Game and the 1st half of the PSU game.
He's 4-2 and there are five left. His accepting the blame does not mean he is to blame. He is accountable and he will get it fixed. Young team will still be up and down depending on execution even when well coached.

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
Gaeilge1 said:
I thought the best thing about yesterday was Bobby Hauck's post game press conference in which he took all the blame for the game. He said he got outcoached, and that they were not adequately prepared on offense, defense and special teams and that it was his fault and he accepted full responsibility.

For some reason, in a day when it seems like everyone is blaming everyone else for problems, I found Bobby's remarks refreshing and extraordinary!

I thought when Bobby got here the days of being outcoached were over? He’s now been outcoached the 2nd half of the UNI game, the 1st quarter and last 5 minutes of the WIU game, the 1st half of the Sac Game and the 1st half of the PSU game.
He's 4-2 and there are five left. His accepting the blame does not mean he is to blame. He is accountable and he will get it fixed. Young team will still be up and down depending on execution even when well coached.

Agreed. He will get it fixed. *Knock on wood* it's not like he has to deal with second and third string QBs. He knows there is no excuse for losing to the worst team in the conference at home, and he knows the blame begins and ends with him. This team is young, but BH knows the skill positions are a year older than last year. He knows what he has to do, and I think he will do it.

CDAGRIZ said:
kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
Gaeilge1 said:

Agreed. He will get it fixed. *Knock on wood* it's not like he has to deal with second and third string QBs. He knows there is no excuse for losing to the worst team in the conference at home, and he knows the blame begins and ends with him. This team is young, but BH knows the skill positions are a year older than last year. He knows what he has to do, and I think he will do it.

i never agree with kem or cdc, but in this instance, i concur with both. poty! well done!

argh! said:
CDAGRIZ said:
kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:

i never agree with kem or cdc, but in this instance, i concur with both. poty! well done!

Curious what you all think Bobby knows he has to do. Do you have thoughts about what he may know needs changed and how he might do that? Or do you just mean he knows he needs to only lose one more game and will get that done?

Team is at least a year away, in my opinion. Maybe 2 years, before "RTD". Still a very young OL with a depth problem and a QB who is talented, but still inexperienced that teams now have good tape on. PSU had a good defensive game plan on us. I'm sure UND's defense will have a good plan as well.

I'm optimistic about the direction of the program, but probably a longer term look than a lot of you.

Back