• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

When will Griz fans demand a change?

AllWeatherFan said:
Actually, in all seriousness, Drake had a little bit of a dry spell in terms of players being drafted in the NFL. That dry spell ran from 1983 to 2017:

2017 Eric Saubert Atlanta Falcons TE
1983 Pat Dunsmore Chicago Bears TE

That's why they call it TEU.
Drives the Chinese shipping companies nuts when they accidentally send container ships to Iowa.

AllWeatherFan said:
I demand that we join the MWC! Now!

[Nothing happens.]

Well, I guess that didn't work.

I liked your post. Except for the largest donors and few other people who have the ears of the athletic department/president, this pretty much sums up the influence of the rest of us.

PlayerRep said:
I would much rather watch the Drakes (and NI's, EWU's and NDSU's) of the world, have fun at the games, beat most of them, go to the playoffs, and get to the national championship game on occasion. Rather than watch Utah St, and lose to them in most years, perhaps getting clobbered in many years. I have no interest in Utah St. When I see them on a channel, I flip to the next one. Would much rather watch Cats v. WIU. My family's trips to Chattanooga to watch the Griz and have fun, have been some of my favorite sporting events ever.

The last player I could name from Utah St is Merlin Olson.

Hmm, The Aggies near upset of Michigan State kept me watching. Ditto for a near upset of a top rated Auburn a couple of years ago. The only audience the FCS Griz will ever see is made up entirely of friends and family. The diluted Playoffs?... Meh.

PlayerRep said:
I have no interest in Utah St. When I see them on a channel, I flip to the next one. Would much rather watch Cats v. WIU. The last player I could name from Utah St is Merlin Olson.
Yeah, Utah State is pretty unexciting to watch. Dismantling BYU in Provo, who beat #6 Wisconsin in
Madison. Your interest is just that, your interest. One of the better teams in the West.

kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
I have no interest in Utah St. When I see them on a channel, I flip to the next one. Would much rather watch Cats v. WIU. The last player I could name from Utah St is Merlin Olson.
Yeah, Utah State is pretty unexciting to watch. Dismantling BYU in Provo, who beat #6 Wisconsin in
Madison. Your interest is just that, your interest. One of the better teams in the West.

I still have no interest in Utah St. I like the SEC, Big 10 and Pac-12. and FCS. Watched undefeated Dartmouth dismantle Yale on ESPNU late this afternoon. Watching it again now. Announcer just talked about my junior year team's defense, which gave up only 6 TD's during the season. Mentioned our all-American captain who is in the college football hall of fame.

Going to Air Force v. Navy tomorrow to see my nephew play for AFA.

You can have Utah St all to yourself.

PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:

I still have no interest in Utah St. I like the SEC, Big 10 and Pac-12. and FCS. Watched undefeated Dartmouth dismantle Yale on ESPNU late this afternoon. Watching it again now. Announcer just talked about my junior year team's defense, which gave up only 6 TD's during the season. Mentioned our all-American captain who is in the college football hall of fame.

I would have a lot more interest in Utah State if they were in the same conference as the Griz.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:

I would have a lot more interest in Utah State if they were in the same conference as the Griz.
They are quite a bit better than Portland State.

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:

They are quite a bit better than Portland State.

:lol: I like to think we’d be quite a bit better with 22 more schollies.

PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:

Fair trade. You have Dartmouth all to yourself as no one west of the Mississippi cares. I would watch AFA because they are in the West. Hope your nephew was a factor in their drubbing of Navy.

kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:

Fair trade. You have Dartmouth all to yourself as no one west of the Mississippi cares. I would watch AFA because they are in the West. Hope your nephew was a factor in their drubbing of Navy.

Dartmouth still plays football?? Huh.

runtheoption said:
UNDfan posts on UND's message board as SiouxVolley. If you have a lot of time to kill, there are some mildly entertaining (and almost always 100% wrong) predictions, conjectures, and theories regarding how multiple combinations of UND, the Big Sky, the WAC, and some of the MVFC/Summit league schools were supposed to and/or will be going FBS.

https://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/19202-und-and-the-big-sky-could-go-fbs/

https://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/23628-und-to-summitmvfc/

https://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/16061-conference-realignments-take-2/

He spewed his Great Northern Conference on csnbbs as NoDak for years. Kept predicting is would happen, and guaranteed it would happen before the start of this season. When it didn't, and he was proven wrong, he vanished, and now is pedaling his fantasy here.

dbackjon said:
runtheoption said:
UNDfan posts on UND's message board as SiouxVolley. If you have a lot of time to kill, there are some mildly entertaining (and almost always 100% wrong) predictions, conjectures, and theories regarding how multiple combinations of UND, the Big Sky, the WAC, and some of the MVFC/Summit league schools were supposed to and/or will be going FBS.

He spewed his Great Northern Conference on csnbbs as NoDak for years. Kept predicting is would happen, and guaranteed it would happen before the start of this season. When it didn't, and he was proven wrong, he vanished, and now is pedaling his fantasy here.

He's a loon.

PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:

Ah yes, the Ivys...catching a glimpse of the aforementioned game played in the archeological mausoleum they call the Yale Bowl one wonders why they even bother with intercollegiate football ? The crowd reminded one more of a handful of bb's in a boxcar and that observation is not limited to New Haven... I've been to Hanover. Football may be the best public expression of Ivy effeteness - deigning not to participate in post season play with public school rabble. If you want to partake in an uninterrupted fall afternoon snooze head to Providence or NYC's Morningside neighborhood on game day. No place could be more antithetical to the Wa-Griz game day experience.

Silvertip said:
PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:

Ah yes, the Ivys...catching a glimpse of the aforementioned game played in the archeological mausoleum they call the Yale Bowl one wonders why they even bother with intercollegiate football ? The crowd reminded one more of a handful of bb's in a boxcar and that observation is not limited to New Haven... I've been to Hanover. Football may be the best public expression of Ivy effeteness - deigning not to participate in post season play with public school rabble. If you want to partake in an uninterrupted fall afternoon snooze head to Providence or NYC's Morningside neighborhood on game day. No place could be more antithetical to the Wa-Griz game day experience.

UM ranked no. 22. Undefeated Princeton and Dartmouth ranked 25 and 29. Last time I played in Yale Bowl, there were 61,000 people and the game got a two-page write up in Sports Illustrated. Happy reading, Tip.

https://www.si.com/vault/1970/11/09/612364/just-ask-the-tailgate-set-who-is-no-1

Dartmouth d-tackle Brink was the SI national defensive player of the week. He played in the Shrine game and Hula bowl that year.

dbackjon said:
runtheoption said:

Imagine Idaho State and NAU fans just being terrified of the Montanas, Idaho and Weber St leaving the Big Sky for greener pastures. The handful of fans would actually make noise for once as they did on that board. There are three DII teams that would join the new Big Sky: CWU, Dixie St and Azusa Pacific.

NDSU fans called me a loon for years when I said UND was getting in the Big Sky. Never ever apologized either. It’s a badge of honor on these boards.

PlayerRep said:
Silvertip said:
PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:

UM ranked no. 22. Undefeated Princeton and Dartmouth ranked 25 and 29. Last time I played in Yale Bowl, there were 61,000 people and the game got a two-page write up in Sports Illustrated. Happy reading, Tip.

https://www.si.com/vault/1970/11/09/612364/just-ask-the-tailgate-set-who-is-no-1

Dartmouth d-tackle Brink was the SI national defensive player of the week. He played in the Shrine game and Hula bowl that year.

The last time Yale Bowl drew 61,000 the players gourds were protected by leather helmets and only a couple games were shown nationally on grainy black and white TV's...oh I forgot - you were there :!:

UNDfan said:
dbackjon said:
runtheoption said:

Imagine Idaho State and NAU fans just being terrified of the Montanas, Idaho and Weber St leaving the Big Sky for greener pastures. The handful of fans would actually make noise for once as they did on that board. There are three DII teams that would join the new Big Sky: CWU, Dixie St and Azusa Pacific.

NDSU fans called me a loon for years when I said UND was getting in the Big Sky. Never ever apologized either. It’s a badge of honor on these boards.

If Montana/Montana State leave the Big Sky, it will be for a Conference far better than with the Dakota Schools.

A Dakota league would just be too rough for the Griz and Kitties. You’d get blown out often. The fans would rebel against a better league and your Presidents would have to back down.

Unless you think the Griz could improve, this appears to be a lost cause. O’Day said DII might be a better financial place with CWU, Simon Fraser and WOU. He was thinking to high: NAIA it is.

Back