• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jensen gets Bobcat offer

mtgrizfankb said:
MTGRZ said:
dayday said:
MTGRZ said:
Because he went JuCo he can still play in the BSC, right?

Yes there are now no transfer restrictions on him since he went Juco.

Well I'm not surprised then. What a great way to take a shot at the Griz if they land him. Hell, even if they don't get him they had to of at least offered him as a way to get at the Griz. You know he'd be fired up to play against the Griz too. We shall see....I can see him taking the offer, if anything out of spite. I can also see him looking for something else. Like I said, nothing surprising here.

If I had a guess on where in the Big Sky he might end up MSU wouldn't be it...but you never know! The guy probably will get some FBS attention playing on a very very good Juco Team.

Yeah, I could see Eastern making sense, maybe even Idaho State or UCD. I guess it kind of depends on how much he wants to stick it to the Griz.

CDAGRIZ said:
MTGRZ said:
dayday said:
MTGRZ said:

Well I'm not surprised then. What a great way to take a shot at the Griz if they land him. Hell, even if they don't get him they had to of at least offered him as a way to get at the Griz. You know he'd be fired up to play against the Griz too. We shall see....I can see him taking the offer, if anything out of spite. I can also see him looking for something else. Like I said, nothing surprising here.

I think time will tell where he ends up.

I think you are right. Although the argument could be made that time doesn't really tell you anything other than where we are in an arbitrary, ever expanding continuum.

grizpsych said:
Ursa Major said:
grizpsych said:
Ursa Major said:
I thought the non-compete clause said he couldn't play for another BSC team until he was 31 years old.

31? That seems a bit extreme given that these student athletes are not paid.

The only real question in my mind is will next year's Meow State head coach honor Coachotes's recruitment offers?
Chode is getting a three year extension.

I can hear the argument even if they lose out, It was an injury plagued season,we got destroyed in Missoula but we beat two teams the Griz lost to.

Ursa Major said:
grizpsych said:
Ursa Major said:
grizpsych said:

The only real question in my mind is will next year's Meow State head coach honor Coachotes's recruitment offers?

I can hear the argument even if they lose out, It was an injury plagued season,we got destroyed in Missoula but we beat two teams the Griz lost to.

If you can't see the changes he's made in that program, you just don't know about football. Namely, changing from a winning program to a losing one. Firing the winningest coach in modern program history doesn't matter when the new guy brings gritty and gutty losing seasons rather than non-gritty winning seasons.

Ursa Major said:
grizpsych said:
Ursa Major said:
grizpsych said:

He already got a 3 year extension. He is contracted through 2021. He got an extension after his impressive 5-6 campaign

mtgrizfankb said:
Ursa Major said:
grizpsych said:
Ursa Major said:

He already got a 3 year extension. He is contracted through 2021. He got an extension after his impressive 5-6 campaign

Correct. They had to extend him before the end of his previous contract to keep him in town. Tons of FBS schools were beating down his door because of his 9-13 FCS record. Very smart move by MSU.

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:
grizpsych said:
Ursa Major said:

If you can't see the changes he's made in that program, you just don't know about football. Namely, changing from a winning program to a losing one. Firing the winningest coach in modern program history doesn't matter when the new guy brings gritty and gutty losing seasons rather than non-gritty winning seasons.

I think you're missing the importance of developing gritty morale-building nonsensical phrases that fire up the dullard base:

Beat the Sky
Own what most believe to be a sovereign U.S. state
Ride for an instrument that identifies livestock ownership

This type of mastery hasn't been see since Goebbels.

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:
grizpsych said:

I think you're missing the importance of developing gritty morale-building nonsensical phrases that fire up the dullard base:

Beat the Sky
Own what most believe to be a sovereign U.S. state
Ride for an instrument that identifies livestock ownership

This type of mastery hasn't been see since Goebbels.

Indeed. The phrases definitely display a sea change when it comes to grit. Anyone can go out with great hair and khakis and win football games. It takes a true leader to rile the base with nothing but a hair circle around his mouth and an awful head coaching record. Someone in Phillipsburg told me Choach once sold the Eiffel Tower, twice.

giphy.gif

Bobcats don’t throw he ball. I don’t think choate knows how to draw up passing plays. I doubt he wants to play for them

mtgrizfankb said:
Plus GJ was a business major if I remember correctly and MSU has a pretty bad business program

Pssh. You want a business education? Here it is: Sell things for more than you paid for them. Done.
Now, GJ is going to take MSU to the moon.

MTGRZ said:
dayday said:
MTGRZ said:

So he will go down as never winning a Brawl of the Wild game...

Back