• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Post Game: Ugly

The thing I like about this staff is they don't make excuses, and nobody makes excuses for them. Win games. Don't make excuses. Give the man some time.

Those interceptions were not Toure’s fault.

Jensen>Sneed

But we have what we have and there’s a game this weekend.

/thread

by CDAGRIZ » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:29 pm

The thing I like about this staff is they don't make excuses, and nobody makes excuses for them. Win games. Don't make excuses. Give the man some time.

Only partially true. Staff don't make (many) excuses but e-griz is chalk full of Haucksuckers (copyright AZGrizfan and the perfect description) who make so many it kind of negates the case. I think we all know the worst offender who just want's them to come his lake place to do ????????????. I'm not a Hauck detractor but I have realistic expectations based on the success rate of all coaches. I'm all for RTAA - return to above average and we can work on upping that if and when it is achieved. RTD is bullshit at this point.

PlayerRep said:
grizband said:
Sneed is definitely a great athlete, and fierce competitor, but I'm not 100% certain he's a better overall QB than Jensen. Jensen's advantage is his ability in the long passing game, where Sneed has been maddening at this this season. However, turnovers and offensive line have been the real crux of our issue this season: turnovers prevented potential wins against WIU and even Portland State (an ugly game we were in until the end); they also dug deeper holes against North Dakota and Davis.

There is a lot more to being a good qb than long passing. Jeez, look at what Maier did to UM last Saturday with accurate shorter passes and pretty good pass protection. He completed zero longer passes.

Leadership, short to medium passing ability, mobility, running, etc. Also, some seem to forget Jensen's interceptions, and his other mistakes. And his frequent throws into the ground on swing passes, especially early in games. I just don't get the fascination.

The fixation with Jensen's supposedly good long passing ability is almost weird to me. As I said in another post, some of you would be trying to run off Craig Ochs based on his first year stats at UM.
Didn't mean to imply long passes are the paramount quality for a good quarterback. Sneed has many good traits that lend themselves to the position, I just pointed out one area where he doesn't excel. That doesn't make him a bad quarterback by any stretch of the imagination.

The only thing I'm going to say to those people who seem to wish we had Jensen instead of Sneed: You have a lot more confidence in this offensive line than I do.

sdk.catfish said:

Only partially true. Staff don't make (many) excuses but e-griz is chalk full of Haucksuckers (copyright AZGrizfan and the perfect description) who make so many it kind of negates the case. I think we all know the worst offender who just want's them to come his lake place to do ????????????. I'm not a Hauck detractor but I have realistic expectations based on the success rate of all coaches. I'm all for RTAA - return to above average and we can work on upping that if and when it is achieved. RTD is bullshit at this point.
Thank you, kind sir. :cool: :cool:

sdk.catfish wrote: ↑Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:50 pm

by AZGrizFan » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:12 am

AZ you are more than welcome. I wasn't quite sure how to quote a egriz copyright but if your ok with it then I am. If the board is willing to add a POTY category called "best word or phase added to egriz in 2018" then I nominate the word "Haucksucker". Just has an element of creativity and a ring to it that few could come up with. If you could come up with similar for Rosy and Baer I think those terms may be needed sooner rather than later - wish I were that innovative.

sdk.catfish said:

AZ you are more than welcome. I wasn't quite sure how to quote a egriz copyright but if your ok with it then I am. If the board is willing to add a POTY category called "best word or phase added to egriz in 2018" then I nominate the word "Haucksucker". Just has an element of creativity and a ring to it that few could come up with. If you could come up with similar for Rosy and Baer I think those terms may be needed sooner rather than later - wish I were that innovative.

I’ll work on it. Haucksucker just rolls off the tongue (no pun intended)...I’ll see what I can do with Rosy and Baer. Then again, if Hauck would just fire them it’d make it a lot simpler.

AZGrizFan said:
sdk.catfish said:

I’ll work on it. Haucksucker just rolls off the tongue (no pun intended)...I’ll see what I can do with Rosy and Baer. Then again, if Hauck would just fire them it’d make it a lot simpler.

Best Catch Phrase. Done.

Back