• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sammy Touchdown

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Just saw where Sammy Akem is leading the Big Sky with 10 TD grabs and is 8th in all of FCS. I said it before....we are LUCKY he is a Griz. He could easily be a legit FBS receiver.

NorthEndZoneDan said:
he's just a red shirt Soph. get used to reading his name.

Very true. Most of the starters are soph or younger....could pay-off for the Griz in a year or two

HookedonGriz said:
Just saw where Sammy Akem is leading the Big Sky with 10 TD grabs and is 8th in all of FCS. I said it before....we are LUCKY he is a Griz. He could easily be a legit FBS receiver.

How can this be? I thought posters said Sneed doesn't throw long, or throw long enough to get TD's, and isn't accurate enough throwing long to make any completions.

Congrats to Akem.

PlayerRep said:
HookedonGriz said:

How can this be? I thought posters said Sneed doesn't throw long, or throw long enough to get TD's, and isn't accurate enough throwing long to make any completions.

Congrats to Akem.

Not many have said that he can't throw it long. Many are saying he needs to be more consistent, and something he needs to continue to improve on I am not sure how many of Akem's TD's are from long passes. I recall some medium length passes, a few redzone td's, and a few with great YAC. Akem does it from all areas. It is good to see him utilized in the redzone though.

He has definitely become more consistent. I hope he works hard at catching more with his hands than his body this off season. He does that and he is unstoppable.

mtgrizrule said:
PlayerRep said:
HookedonGriz said:

Congrats to Akem.

Not many have said that he can't throw it long. Many are saying he needs to be more consistent, and something he needs to continue to improve on I am not sure how many of Akem's TD's are from long passes. I recall some medium length passes, a few redzone td's, and a few with great YAC. Akem does it from all areas. It is good to see him utilized in the redzone though.

Lots have said he can't throw long. and doesn't. Only short passes. And misses wide open receivers. This despite him having the 2d best completion percentage in the conference.

PlayerRep said:
mtgrizrule said:
PlayerRep said:
HookedonGriz said:

Congrats to Akem.

Lots have said he can't throw long. and doesn't. Only short passes. And misses wide open receivers. This despite him having the 2d best completion percentage in the conference.
Completion percentage and ability to throw long passes aren't directly related, though. I'm not sure if that's the point you were trying to make, but he has a a few occasions missed wide open receivers throwing long (receivers have also dropped a few long pass attempts).

PlayerRep said:
mtgrizrule said:
PlayerRep said:
HookedonGriz said:

Congrats to Akem.

He had a good game. Good for him. Now he needs to maintain that and not revert back to the previous three. Completion percentage only tells part of the story when it comes to a QB, the fact that that is the only statistic you are hanging on is kind of pathetic. He could go 100 for 100 on 2 yard passes but if they don’t result in any first downs or any points, they are pretty much meaningless

Fahque said:
PlayerRep said:
mtgrizrule said:
PlayerRep said:

Congrats to Akem.

He had a good game. Good for him. Now he needs to maintain that and not revert back to the previous three. Completion percentage only tells part of the story when it comes to a QB, the fact that that is the only statistic you are hanging on is kind of pathetic. He could go 100 for 100 on 2 yard passes but if they don’t result in any first downs or any points, they are pretty much meaningless

Either learn something about the game, or don't respond to my posts. And don't misrepresent what I have said, or Sneed's stats.

Sneed is a terrific player. He has had multiple good games. Besides a good completion percentage, he is 3d in the conference in passing yardage. He is 2d in total offense. 3d in TD passes. While his 3 picks a couple games ago upped his total picks, he is still not high in the conference in picks per throws.

He is a very good leader. Elected captain in his first year. Very mobile. Avoids sacks. Nice runner. Nice speed.

If you want to play the game, tell us what Sneed is bad at. Otherwise, STFU on this subject.

grizband said:
PlayerRep said:
mtgrizrule said:
PlayerRep said:

Congrats to Akem.

Completion percentage and ability to throw long passes aren't directly related, though. I'm not sure if that's the point you were trying to make, but he has a a few occasions missed wide open receivers throwing long (receivers have also dropped a few long pass attempts).

Every qb misses wide open receivers. QB's with high completion percentages miss fewer wide open receivers.

Maybe you should stick to commenting on the band.

PlayerRep said:
Fahque said:
PlayerRep said:
mtgrizrule said:

Either learn something about the game, or don't respond to my posts. And don't misrepresent what I have said, or Sneed's stats.

Sneed is a terrific player. He has had multiple good games. Besides a good completion percentage, he is 3d in the conference in passing yardage. He is 2d in total offense. 3d in TD passes. While his 3 picks a couple games ago upped his total picks, he is still not high in the conference in picks per throws.

He is a very good leader. Elected captain in his first year. Very mobile. Avoids sacks. Nice runner. Nice speed.

If you want to play the game, tell us what Sneed is bad at. Otherwise, STFU on this subject.

Here is an idea, GFY

I never said he was a bad player. Stop putting words in people‘s posts and only reading into them what you want to

Way to fuck up yet another positive thread about a great player with your own warped agenda, PR.

In what almost certainly will be a futile attempt at bringing this back around, Sammy has had a huge sophomore campaign. He’ll be a force the next two years.

PlayerRep said:
grizband said:
PlayerRep said:
mtgrizrule said:

Every qb misses wide open receivers. QB's with high completion percentages miss fewer wide open receivers.

Maybe you should stick to commenting on the band.
Except Super Dave!

Back