• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jeremy Calhoun

PlayerRep said:
dayday said:
Paytonlives said:
Hauck just said on the radio that Calhoun "walked in and said he wanted to redshirt." "Coaches decide who redshirts, not players"

Interesting. Well I think both mishandled it. You don’t make demands to the head coach but at the same time Bobby should have heard him out and found some common ground. I do it all the time as a lawyer. Hauck had a hard balance of what’s best for the student-athlete and the team. He ultimately should have allowed this but overreacted which I understand because he helps now. However, this was mishandled and is an unwanted distraction.

Do you think he "demanded" a redshirt? What's your source?

Taking it right from Hauck on the coaches show. That’s the source pal. It sounds like he did. Whether demand or asked its semantics or least it was to the ol’ ball coach. Not saying that’s a necessarily bad thing either by Jeremy so maybe don’t overreact. I took a fairly even approach with this. I think both mishandled put more of it on Hauck because he’s not a young 22 year old.

kemajic said:
CDAGRIZ said:
argh! said:
kemajic said:
You are setting a new record for crybaby posts regarding an issue that has been resolved and is in the rear view mirror. You're just about to pass Argh's whining about poor Gresch Jenson. Or the democrat's denial of who won the 2016 election. We care about this week's game with MSU; you just care about a HC's decision that was his to make.

the king of take-my-ball-and-go-home crybabies has spoken, and dishonestly, as usual.

it would've been worth having stitt another year just to get rid of bad fans like you, kem.

"If they don't fix the coaching situation to my personal satisfaction, I'm not supporting this team anymore. Hmmph!" Pure gold.
That is not a quote so don't use the quotation marks, but that is your style, OK. My posturing was prior to a crossroads decision was made and I was not sure UM had the balls to make the right decision; had they not I would have lost more respect for their choices (remember Engstrom). Yes, my enthusiasm for the program would have taken a nosedive, but I would not be a persistent whiner on eGriz over spilt milk.

Posturing before a decision is far different than continuous whining after decisions already made. It is a total waste of energy to readdress decisions already made let alone maintain a barrage of negativity when it is in the rearview mirror. BH is our HC; we are lucky to have him; he is paid to make decisions that affect players and the program and it is not his first rodeo. It is fine to express disagreement at the point of the decision; it is lame to keep it up and keep it up.

Meh, whinin's whinin'.

Saying he wants a redshirt and saying he doesn’t want to play anymore are two different things entirely. Coach needs to get his story straight.

I asked my boss for the rest of the year off because I believe that I can be of more use after the 1st of January. My boss doesn't quite see it the same way. Wonder if I should just take the time off and show up in January?

AllWeatherFan said:
Saying he wants a redshirt and saying he doesn’t want to play anymore are two different things entirely. Coach needs to get his story straight.

But both can be true.

Bobby kept his answer short and sweet in the coaches show. Yes, there is more to all this than what he said. Based on what I know of, I definitely feel Bobby Hauck is much more in the right in this. Coach Hauck did what most of us would do, if in his position. I will tell you, another factor in all this was one of the things I listed in my post earlier. Rest assured, there are no other legal issues, other than the 1 we all are aware of. There really is not much more to say on this topic. Let's move on from it, just as the GRIZ and Calhoun will.

AllWeatherFan said:

Coach’s story is straight, “I need you this year, not so much next year, if you don’t want to finish this year, good luck and have a good life.

spsyk said:
AllWeatherFan said:

Coach’s story is straight, “I need you this year, not so much next year, if you don’t want to finish this year, good luck and have a good life.

Exactly. Hauck wanted/needed him to play this year. he understands how important it is to beat idaho and the cats and Calhoun increased the probability of doing so. Hauck was trying to get his best players on the field here and now, not next year.

So not that I feel good keeping this crazy thread going, but what does this mean for the kid going forward? Can he play elsewhere or is his career now done?

spsyk said:
AllWeatherFan said:

And then go to the press and insinuate the kid is a quitter because he wants to play more. :?

This makes no logical sense unless you’re a BH sycophant.

The only lessons learned from this episode are: 1) We can retire the myth of the new and improved, seasoned and matured Bobby Hauck. Nope, same ol’ Bobby.
2) You’re a fool if you are shocked the next time Bobby Hauck makes another childish, illogical & petulant decision clouded by emotion and egoism. Expect it. That’s our guy!

Go Griz

Anybody else have the feeling he's going to get 20 carries Saturday? I remember when Buss was out indefinitely too.

Ursa Major said:
spsyk said:
AllWeatherFan said:

And then go to the press and insinuate the kid is a quitter because he wants to play more. :?

The only lessons learned from this episode are: 1) We can retire the myth of the new and improved, seasoned and matured Bobby Hauck. Nope, same ol’ Bobby.
2) You’re a fool if you are shocked the next time Bobby Hauck makes another childish, illogical & petulant decision clouded by emotion and egoism. Expect it. That’s our guy!

Go Griz

Let me get this straight, Hauck is the head coach, and Calhoun is the athlete, Hauck job is to win football games, because his job depends on it, and Calhoun get a education, meals, and room and board as agreed between Hauck and Calhoun.

Now, where in this agreement does it say that Calhoun tells Hauck how do run the team.

Enlightened me, please..

catsack said:
kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
he also already sacrificed his freshman (likely redshirt) year for the team. and, as you note, he has endured many injuries and didn't hang it up, like i'm sure others would have.

or... if his production can be replaced next year, why not this? do you really think there are many rbs as good as calhoun out there playing h.s. football?

He doesn't seem to have missed any games due to injury in his last 3 years, other than he missed one game in 2016 and he had a concussion this year that caused him to miss some games. Where is all this injury stuff coming from? I don't recall, but the games played don't support lots of missed games due to injury.
His availability this year was affected by more than injury.
Yea but everyone wants to blow the suspension off.

Did he play in those games?

spsyk said:
Ursa Major said:
spsyk said:
AllWeatherFan said:

Go Griz

Let me get this straight, Hauck is the head coach, and Calhoun is the athlete, Hauck job is to win football games, because his job depends on it, and Calhoun get a education, meals, and room and board as agreed between Hauck and Calhoun.

Now, where in this agreement does it say that Calhoun tells Hauck how do run the team.

Enlightened me, please..
Sissy Spacek, you're a Bobby sycophant. I won't waste each of our time.

If Hauck let the star players dictate the show he would be a horrible coach. Lots of very un-thoughtful posts about this. Hauck needs to win this weekend and a player tells him he dosen't want to play. Really, you expect Hauck to say ok?

mtgrizrule said:
Bobby kept his answer short and sweet in the coaches show. Yes, there is more to all this than what he said. Based on what I know of, I definitely feel Bobby Hauck is much more in the right in this. Coach Hauck did what most of us would do, if in his position. I will tell you, another factor in all this was one of the things I listed in my post earlier. Rest assured, there are no other legal issues, other than the 1 we all are aware of. There really is not much more to say on this topic. Let's move on from it, just as the GRIZ and Calhoun will.

Not to get into who was right and who was wrong in the handling of Jeremy wanting to redshirt, but there was definitely another legal issue for Jeremy. Six weeks after the fight, Jeremy was cited for disorderly conduct. According to his Missoula Municipal Court citation he used profane language, calling an "unknown female" a "bitch." He pleaded not guilty and was supposed to appear in court on Oct. 25. I don't know of the result but the point being, the fight was not the only legal issue for him in the offseason.

Fahque said:
catsack said:
kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
He doesn't seem to have missed any games due to injury in his last 3 years, other than he missed one game in 2016 and he had a concussion this year that caused him to miss some games. Where is all this injury stuff coming from? I don't recall, but the games played don't support lots of missed games due to injury.
His availability this year was affected by more than injury.
Yea but everyone wants to blow the suspension off.

Did he play in those games?

No he was suspended. I don’t think a kid with a suspension should be allowed to redshirt , by allowing him to redshirt makes his punishment meaningless, in the case it would benefit him and allow him to play a full season without losing any games to punishment!

If you were Bobby, and approved Jeremy's red-shirt proposal, what would you tell your locker room and especially the 2018 Seniors who are working hard, doing the right things, and want to go out with 2 victories, both over rivals?

Back