• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jeremy Calhoun

I believe the NCAA needs to make some changes to this new redshirt rule:

1. Any game missed due to suspension counts as a game played. What's the point in suspending a kid if you are going to give him another year of eligibility late. If they came out in August and said they weren't going to suspend him but were going to redshirt him instead, can you imagine the fallout.

2. If player quits team they are not eligible to redshirt. I don't believe the spirit of the rule was to essentially allow a kid to decide to be a free agent and not loose any eligibility. I believe it was to reward a kid for sticking it out and being loyal to the team.

It is the first you having this rule so they are probably going to make some tweaks. Hopefully they look at these two.

catsack said:
Fahque said:
catsack said:
kemajic said:
His availability this year was affected by more than injury.
Yea but everyone wants to blow the suspension off.

Did he play in those games?

No he was suspended. I don’t think a kid with a suspension should be allowed to redshirt , by allowing him to redshirt makes his punishment meaningless, in the case it would benefit him and allow him to play a full season without losing any games to punishment!

Your opinion is duly noted.

maroonandsilver said:
If you were Bobby, and approved Jeremy's red-shirt proposal, what would you tell your locker room and especially the 2018 Seniors who are working hard, doing the right things, and want to go out with 2 victories, both over rivals?

Well if I was Bobby it would probably go like this:

“Alright motherfuckers, sit down, shut up, and all eyes on me. Gosh damnit Sandry you blow one more bubble I’ll slap that gum right out your goofy ass mouth! So one of your teammates decided he wants to help our team Return to Dominance, only he wants to do this next year while taking his redshirt. We came to an agreement to let that happen. If anyone sees Jeremy passed out and naked by the M you will not, I repeat, you will not pay him any mind! Now normally I’d kick any pansy ass off this fucking team quicker than you could blink for even having the nerve to ask me such a blatantly idiotic question. But your fuck tards already screwed me and screwed yourselves when you pissed it down your leg at WIU. Then you added insult to injury when you decide to let PSU shove it up your asses at home! So I’m letting him red shirt and if any of you girls has an issue with it let’s throw on the boxing gloves and visit the cage I had built for some fucking one on one time!!!”

I think that’s what I’d say :)

BillingsMafia said:
If Hauck let the star players dictate the show he would be a horrible coach. Lots of very un-thoughtful posts about this. Hauck needs to win this weekend and a player tells him he dosen't want to play. Really, you expect Hauck to say ok?

Agree, I don't understand how this is controversial. He has off the field issues in his past, he has concussion and other health issues that make him unreliable, is needed this year for sure, and yet he is supposed to be able to dictate how scholarship money is allocated. Bobby wants the scholarship to use next year to start building with his recruits, when by my count he is only losing 12 seniors. That is already a hugely unbalanced class and there are a ton of gaps so any scholarship is very valuable.

HookedonGriz said:
maroonandsilver said:
If you were Bobby, and approved Jeremy's red-shirt proposal, what would you tell your locker room and especially the 2018 Seniors who are working hard, doing the right things, and want to go out with 2 victories, both over rivals?

“Alright motherfuckers, sit down, shut up, and all eyes on me. Gosh damnit Sandry you blow one more bubble I’ll slap that gum right out your goofy ass mouth! So one of your teammates decided he wants to help our team Return to Dominance, only he wants to do this next year while taking his redshirt. We came to an agreement to let that happen. If anyone sees Jeremy passed out and naked by the M you will not, I repeat, you will not pay him any mind! Now normally I’d kick any pansy ass off this fucking team quicker than you could blink for even having the nerve to ask me such a blatantly idiotic question. But your fuck tards already screwed me and screwed yourselves when you pissed it down your leg at WIU. Then you added insult to injury when you decide to let PSU shove it up your asses at home! So I’m letting him red shirt and if any of you girls has an issue with it let’s throw on the boxing gloves and visit the cage I had built for some fucking one on one time!!!”

I don't throw these around all willy nilly, but this had be laughing at my desk.
POTY Nominee. Solid work.

maroonandsilver said:

It only took 23 pages to come up with the most logical explanation of what Bobby might have been thinking.

CDAGRIZ said:
HookedonGriz said:
maroonandsilver said:

“Alright motherfuckers, sit down, shut up, and all eyes on me. Gosh damnit Sandry you blow one more bubble I’ll slap that gum right out your goofy ass mouth! So one of your teammates decided he wants to help our team Return to Dominance, only he wants to do this next year while taking his redshirt. We came to an agreement to let that happen. If anyone sees Jeremy passed out and naked by the M you will not, I repeat, you will not pay him any mind! Now normally I’d kick any pansy ass off this f***[*] team quicker than you could blink for even having the nerve to ask me such a blatantly idiotic question. But your f*** tards already screwed me and screwed yourselves when you pissed it down your leg at WIU. Then you added insult to injury when you decide to let PSU shove it up your asses at home! So I’m letting him red shirt and if any of you girls has an issue with it let’s throw on the boxing gloves and visit the cage I had built for some f***[*] one on one time!!!”

I don't throw these around all willy nilly, but this had be laughing at my desk.
POTY Nominee. Solid work.

Well thank ya! You often inspire me with your wit so just trying to keep up

Ursa Major said:
spsyk said:
Ursa Major said:
spsyk said:
Coach’s story is straight, “I need you this year, not so much next year, if you don’t want to finish this year, good luck and have a good life.

And then go to the press and insinuate the kid is a quitter because he wants to play more. :?

This makes no logical sense unless you’re a BH sycophant.

The only lessons learned from this episode are: 1) We can retire the myth of the new and improved, seasoned and matured Bobby Hauck. Nope, same ol’ Bobby.
2) You’re a fool if you are shocked the next time Bobby Hauck makes another childish, illogical & petulant decision clouded by emotion and egoism. Expect it. That’s our guy!

Go Griz

Let me get this straight, Hauck is the head coach, and Calhoun is the athlete, Hauck job is to win football games, because his job depends on it, and Calhoun get a education, meals, and room and board as agreed between Hauck and Calhoun.

Now, where in this agreement does it say that Calhoun tells Hauck how do run the team.

Enlightened me, please..
Sissy Spacek, you're a Bobby sycophant. I won't waste each of our time.

Well, you can't refute my argument, so your right you are a waste time.

Hauck dosen't need me as a sycophant, he proved himself by being the winningest coach in Griz history.

You end your post with go Griz, I’m assuming that does not include Hauck.

grizd said:
BillingsMafia said:
If Hauck let the star players dictate the show he would be a horrible coach. Lots of very un-thoughtful posts about this. Hauck needs to win this weekend and a player tells him he dosen't want to play. Really, you expect Hauck to say ok?

Agree, I don't understand how this is controversial. He has off the field issues in his past, he has concussion and other health issues that make him unreliable, is needed this year for sure, and yet he is supposed to be able to dictate how scholarship money is allocated. Bobby wants the scholarship to use next year to start building with his recruits, when by my count he is only losing 12 seniors. That is already a hugely unbalanced class and there are a ton of gaps so any scholarship is very valuable.

Unreliable in the past? Given that he apparently was a redshirt early in his frosh year, it looks like he missed only 1 game in his first 3 years. How is that unreliable?

Besides the concussion, what have his hearth issues been? I don't recall.

He had off field issues last summer. Anything else? I don't recall any.

I'm fine with the coach being able to use his scholarships for next year as he wants.

Griz 'n said:
mtgrizrule said:
Bobby kept his answer short and sweet in the coaches show. Yes, there is more to all this than what he said. Based on what I know of, I definitely feel Bobby Hauck is much more in the right in this. Coach Hauck did what most of us would do, if in his position. I will tell you, another factor in all this was one of the things I listed in my post earlier. Rest assured, there are no other legal issues, other than the 1 we all are aware of. There really is not much more to say on this topic. Let's move on from it, just as the GRIZ and Calhoun will.

Not to get into who was right and who was wrong in the handling of Jeremy wanting to redshirt, but there was definitely another legal issue for Jeremy. Six weeks after the fight, Jeremy was cited for disorderly conduct. According to his Missoula Municipal Court citation he used profane language, calling an "unknown female" a "bitch." He pleaded not guilty and was supposed to appear in court on Oct. 25. I don't know of the result but the point being, the fight was not the only legal issue for him in the offseason.
Being we aren't aware of an outcome, I'm presuming, innocent until proven guilty. Nonetheless, very stupid action by him. That even strengthens Hauck's decision. Makes one wonder, how many other questionable things he did? To me, that indeed is walking on a fine line.

debellatio said:

1. Any game missed due to suspension counts as a game played. What's the point in suspending a kid if you are going to give him another year of eligibility late. If they came out in August and said they weren't going to suspend him but were going to redshirt him instead, can you imagine the fallout.

2. If player quits team they are not eligible to redshirt. I don't believe the spirit of the rule was to essentially allow a kid to decide to be a free agent and not loose any eligibility. I believe it was to reward a kid for sticking it out and being loyal to the team.

It is the first you having this rule so they are probably going to make some tweaks. Hopefully they look at these two.

Disagree on both counts.

maroonandsilver said:

Bingo

mtgrizrule said:
Griz 'n said:
mtgrizrule said:
Bobby kept his answer short and sweet in the coaches show. Yes, there is more to all this than what he said. Based on what I know of, I definitely feel Bobby Hauck is much more in the right in this. Coach Hauck did what most of us would do, if in his position. I will tell you, another factor in all this was one of the things I listed in my post earlier. Rest assured, there are no other legal issues, other than the 1 we all are aware of. There really is not much more to say on this topic. Let's move on from it, just as the GRIZ and Calhoun will.

Not to get into who was right and who was wrong in the handling of Jeremy wanting to redshirt, but there was definitely another legal issue for Jeremy. Six weeks after the fight, Jeremy was cited for disorderly conduct. According to his Missoula Municipal Court citation he used profane language, calling an "unknown female" a "bitch." He pleaded not guilty and was supposed to appear in court on Oct. 25. I don't know of the result but the point being, the fight was not the only legal issue for him in the offseason.
Being we aren't aware of an outcome, I'm presuming, innocent until proven guilty. Nonetheless, very stupid action by him. That even strengthens Hauck's decision. Makes one wonder, how many other questionable things he did? To me, that indeed is walking on a fine line.

I assume that Calhoun didn't suit up for the 3d game after his 2-game suspension for the misdemeanor assault, because of this second little (and stupid) thing. So, in the PC age, calling a girl a bitch is disorderly conduct? Interesting.

spsyk said:
Ursa Major said:
spsyk said:
Ursa Major said:
And then go to the press and insinuate the kid is a quitter because he wants to play more. :?

This makes no logical sense unless you’re a BH sycophant.

The only lessons learned from this episode are: 1) We can retire the myth of the new and improved, seasoned and matured Bobby Hauck. Nope, same ol’ Bobby.
2) You’re a fool if you are shocked the next time Bobby Hauck makes another childish, illogical & petulant decision clouded by emotion and egoism. Expect it. That’s our guy!

Go Griz

Let me get this straight, Hauck is the head coach, and Calhoun is the athlete, Hauck job is to win football games, because his job depends on it, and Calhoun get a education, meals, and room and board as agreed between Hauck and Calhoun.

Now, where in this agreement does it say that Calhoun tells Hauck how do run the team.

Enlightened me, please..

Hauck dosen't need me as a sycophant, he proved himself by being the winningest coach in Griz history.

Sissy,

Your argument was swatted away by PR, AWF and others above.

I have a vested interest in Bobby succeeding, of course I want to see that. I want to see Bobby excel as a coach, a role model and as a teacher for this team. I would like to see him act in a mature and professional manner to carry out these goals.

I'm sorry if this is too nuanced for you. I'm just not equipped nor inclined to play the black and white game with you.

grizindabox said:
debellatio said:

Disagree on both counts.

I agree with 1 and disagree with 2. The second is open for interpretation though. For example, if i'm a senior QB and there's a kick ass freshman recruit taking my job, I may announce my decision to transfer (see Clemson). If you are still admitted to initial university at the new semester then you lose that. If you transfer, then I can let it slide and agree could be able to play.
I do think if you're suspended...those should count. Means you've done something stupid and should be penalized for it besides the missed game or 2.

AZDoc said:
grizindabox said:
debellatio said:

Disagree on both counts.

I agree with 1 and disagree with 2. The second is open for interpretation though. For example, if i'm a senior QB and there's a kick ass freshman recruit taking my job, I may announce my decision to transfer (see Clemson). If you are still admitted to initial university at the new semester then you lose that. If you transfer, then I can let it slide and agree could be able to play.
I do think if you're suspended...those should count. Means you've done something stupid and should be penalized for it besides the missed game or 2.

some of us certainly like to play judge and jury, meting out punishments on top of punishment. ever stop and wonder when enough is enough for an emotion-driven mistake?

spsyk said:

Enlightened me, please..

A. Not possible to "enlightened" you.

B. Nobody would be dumb enough to make that kind of extreme pronouncement.

Oh, wait...

Ursa Major said:
spsyk said:
Ursa Major said:
spsyk said:

Enlightened me, please..

Sissy,

I have a vested interest in Bobby succeeding, of course I want to see that. I want to see Bobby excel as a coach, a role model and as a teacher for this team. I would like to see him act in a mature and professional manner to carry out these goals.

I'm sorry if this is too nuanced for you. I'm just not equipped nor inclined to play the black and white game with you.

My dialog is with you, question, are you as brave with your loud mouth face to face, if you are it would be a pleasure to meet you.

Again, decisions make for the team are in the hands of Hauck, not a backbencher as your self.

spsyk said:
Ursa Major said:
spsyk said:
Ursa Major said:

Sissy,

My dialog is with you, question, are you as brave with your loud mouth face to face, if you are it would be a pleasure to meet you.

Again, decisions make for the team are in the hands of Hauck, not a backbencher as your self.

Reading that gave me CTE.

Back