• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NDSU vs the Scats

How badly will the Scats get pummeled this week?

• 7 or fewer points

Votes: 9 9.5%
  • 8-14

Votes: 15 15.8%
  • 15-28

Votes: 43 45.3%
  • 28-50

Votes: 23 24.2%
  • more than 50 points

Votes: 5 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
indian-outlaw said:
NDSU will likely dominate this game and could easily cover the spread. They were favored by about the same line in the Cal Poly game. I didn't think that with two running teams that they would cover that kind of point spread against Poly but they beat them by 40+. I could see that happening to the cats if they are not really ready to play these guys. We will see if the cats have shot their wad yet. I suspect they have.

This Cat team will be ready, you can trust that. They are getting better each game and the confidence is growing. Will they knock off NDSU? No. But they won't get beat by 40.

poorgriz said:
greasewood said:
Bison 52 - rush for 433
Cats 10 - rush for 67

Well that's certainly not going to happen. Yes I know they have a phenomenal run defense but ours is pretty stout too so they aren't rushing for 433 on is. Also we'll be getting significantly more than 67 rushing yards behind our O Line, Troy Anderson, Isaiah Ifanse and crew. You can bank that. Highly doubt it would be enough to spring the upset however but we'll get some yards.

Keep dreaming Dude. The Bison have one of the top D's in the FCS in a run dominant conference. I will be very surprised if the entire MSU team runs for 100. There is nothing to even compare them to in the BSC. I would say the same if it was the Griz.

poorgriz said:
indian-outlaw said:
NDSU will likely dominate this game and could easily cover the spread. They were favored by about the same line in the Cal Poly game. I didn't think that with two running teams that they would cover that kind of point spread against Poly but they beat them by 40+. I could see that happening to the cats if they are not really ready to play these guys. We will see if the cats have shot their wad yet. I suspect they have.

This Cat team will be ready, you can trust that. They are getting better each game and the confidence is growing. Will they knock off NDSU? No. But they won't get beat by 40.
I hope your right man, but NDSU is healthy, experienced and very tough at home.

MSU is going to get slumped. There won't be any moral victories, there won't be any could've, would've, should've that would make the slightest amount of difference in the outcome. This will be complete domination on both sides of the ball.

Klieman as classy as he is gave MSU lip service as a kind gesture only. He as well as the rest of the coaches know what their team is going to do this weekend. They have T. Anderson caliber players in every starting position. It's funny that MSU fans have the slightest hope that there's a chance at upsetting NDSU. Makes for entertaining reading though..

I would like to see the sCats keep it a respectable score. Maybe be within 10 to 14 points but ultimately loose.

I think by the sCats not getting blown out it makes the Griz look better, as we had the game against them in hand but let it slip away. Really on a couple of turnovers.

I will say
Bizon 35
SCats 24

I think at the half it’s close or maybe even tied at like 14 to 14 or 14 to 10.

Tacoma5 said:
MSU is going to get slumped. There won't be any moral victories, there won't be any could've, would've, should've that would make the slightest amount of difference in the outcome. This will be complete domination on both sides of the ball.

Klieman as classy as he is gave MSU lip service as a kind gesture only. He as well as the rest of the coaches know what their team is going to do this weekend. They have T. Anderson caliber players in every starting position. It's funny that MSU fans have the slightest hope that there's a chance at upsetting NDSU. Makes for entertaining reading though..

Ok, that was funny. Yes we're going to get beat but TA will probably be the best player on the field.

indian-outlaw said:
poorgriz said:
indian-outlaw said:

Agree, but I just don't think the Cats get beat by 40. Choate-led Cat team play very, very hard until the final whistle. Plus we're talking about two teams here that are bent on controlling the clock, running the ball, and shortening the game.

daGrizJ said:
poorgriz said:
greasewood said:
Bison 52 - rush for 433
Cats 10 - rush for 67

Well that's certainly not going to happen. Yes I know they have a phenomenal run defense but ours is pretty stout too so they aren't rushing for 433 on is. Also we'll be getting significantly more than 67 rushing yards behind our O Line, Troy Anderson, Isaiah Ifanse and crew. You can bank that. Highly doubt it would be enough to spring the upset however but we'll get some yards.

Keep dreaming Dude. The Bison have one of the top D's in the FCS in a run dominant conference. I will be very surprised if the entire MSU team runs for 100. There is nothing to even compare them to in the BSC. I would say the same if it was the Griz.

Ok, wager on the Cats having more than 100 rushing yards? BTW - there are posters on here that lost bets with me on Cats having a winning record this year, beating the griz, making the playoffs, having one of the better defenses in the conference, etc. You know who you are.

poorgriz said:
indian-outlaw said:
poorgriz said:
indian-outlaw said:

Agree, but I just don't think the Cats get beat by 40. Choate-led Cat team play very, very hard until the final whistle. Plus we're talking about two teams here that are bent on controlling the clock, running the ball, and shortening the game.
You mean kind of like Cal Poly does?

poorgriz said:
indian-outlaw said:
poorgriz said:
indian-outlaw said:

I completely agree with you there. I don't see this being a 70-17 blowout. I see it being a 42-17 blowout. UNDSU doesn't play the EWU game.

CDAGRIZ said:
poorgriz said:
indian-outlaw said:
poorgriz said:

I completely agree with you there. I don't see this being a 70-17 blowout. I see it being a 42-17 blowout. UNDSU doesn't play the EWU game.

Purty much what I'm guessing unfortunately.

I think the game opened at a 28.5 spread. Interesting that 70% of those who voted think the cats will cover.

Back