• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Nice job Big Sky

Grizwold

The Sky did well today sans the Kittens. Tough draw for the kitties. Looks like the Sky will have 3 wins today. I like it. I am personally gonna root for Weber to win it all. They have been in the Sky since day 1 and maybe it's their turn to get a natty. Sorry Eags, you got one in 2010. Davis your still young in the conference. Besides Weber has the best chance to knock off the Bison with their defense. Go Big Sky! What say you?

Grizwold said:
The Sky did well today sans the Kittens. Tough draw for the kitties. Looks like the Sky will have 3 wins today. I like it. I am personally gonna root for Weber to win it all. They have been in the Sky since day 1 and maybe it's their turn to get a natty. Sorry Eags, you got one in 2010. Davis your still young in the conference. Besides Weber has the best chance to knock off the Bison with their defense. Go Big Sky! What say you?
:thumb:

In watching Weber, UC Davis, EWU, & NDSU, I am of the opinion that both Montana teams are not playoff caliber yet. Many years to go.

You are right Rabid. Both Griz and Cats aways away from that caliber. I had the feeling if NDSU had wanted to hang 70 on the Cats they could have.

uofmman1122 said:
They can guarantee a BSC team in the natty next weekend if Weber can take care of Maine.
Maine looks tough, but so does Weber. I'd rate that a toss-up.

Great job big sky. Too bad Davis and Eastern have to play each other next week. I hope Weber wins next week to keep to big sky teams in the quarters and hopefully one in the the championship.

The Griz didn’t make the play offs. The Cats got destroyed which is unfortunate for dual Cat-Griz fans. Now, I observe many of you are cheering for the other Big Sky teams, although one poster doesn’t like older Mormons, so he isn’t cheering for Weber. I don’t like any opponents of UM, so would never cheer for another Big Sky team. But if you are happy cheering for our conference opponents, to each his own.

Spanky2 said:
The Griz didn’t make the play offs. The Cats got destroyed which is unfortunate for dual Cat-Griz fans. Now, I observe many of you are cheering for the other Big Sky teams, although one poster doesn’t like older Mormons, so he isn’t cheering for Weber. I don’t like any opponents of UM, so would never cheer for another Big Sky team. But if you are happy cheering for our conference opponents, to each his own.

Christmas must be a blast at your house.

What’s the itenerary this year?

Traditional gruel holiday dinner followed by the kids beating the Coach Stitt piniata filled with stale candy. Then it’s off to bed early with severe abdominal pain.

Must be difficult for you after being hyped and gushy over your state college team. It’s ok as you can still cheer for Cheney Community College.

I heard that NDSU gives additional compensation to their players besides scholarships, is that true and will the Big Sky need to go that direction?

My new favorite thread . :clap: :mrgreen: :idea:

Ursa Major said:
Spanky2 said:
The Griz didn’t make the play offs , so would never cheer for another Big Sky team. But if you are happy cheering for our conference opponents, to each his own.

Christmas must be a blast at your house. Traditional gruel holiday dinner followed by the kids beating the Coach Stitt piniata filled with stale candy. Then it’s off to bed early with severe abdominal pain.

I heard that NDSU gives compensation to their athletics as well as scholarships, it True that would be a huge advantage. That could explain the dominant program.

RABIDAWG said:
In watching Weber, UC Davis, EWU, & NDSU, I am of the opinion that both Montana teams are not playoff caliber yet. Many years to go.

How can you say a team isn't playoff calibre when the team is selected for the playoffs and has a convincing first round win. That is the definition of playoff calibre. If you want to say that neither MSU or UM are top 10 caliber, no one would disagree.

Ursa Major said:
Spanky2 said:

Traditional gruel holiday dinner followed by the kids beating the Coach Stitt piniata filled with stale candy. Then it’s off to bed early with severe abdominal pain.

Spanky’s grandkids are older than you, Ursa!

PlayerRep said:
RABIDAWG said:

How can you say a team isn't playoff calibre when the team is selected for the playoffs and has a convincing first round win. That is the definition of playoff calibre. If you want to say that neither MSU or UM are top 10 caliber, no one would disagree.

Sure, in the 24-team bracket the Cats were “playoff caliber.” But one would like to assume that a “playoff caliber” team, any one of them, would at least have a shot at going to the Natty. That’s just not the case with the current system...take for example the Pioneer league auto-bid. Hell, WE were “playoff caliber,” but had no rightful place competing for the championship either. If you aren’t seeded, you’re just getting a participation trophy and maybe some exposure for your program.

AllWeatherFan said:
Ursa Major said:
Spanky2 said:

Just think of all the Werther's Original in that pinata, though!!! Reading this makes me want to send back soup.

AllWeatherFan said:
Ursa Major said:
Spanky2 said:

:lol: Never too old to swing 33 oz. of Adirondack white ash at an effigy of the antichrist.

Back