• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

GRIZ FANS TO EWU

info said:
talon38 said:
With the students gone for winter break, EWU fans would appreciate the Griz faithful making the road trip to EWU to cheer on the Eagles to a TITLE game in Frisco. You can probably walk up and buy tickets at the gate. We just want it loud against Maine and are hoping some of the BSC faithful will happily join us! Tailgating will be in full force. Let’s cheer on EAGS and THE BIG SKY CONFERENCE!

Thanks..... Sincerely Talon 38

I live fairly close, I might come but I wonder if I’ll be spit on, flipped off, threatened, called a sheep f***[*] like the last time I was at your stadium? Will you bring out the bedsheets with FTG on them as well? :shock:

We too were called sheep fuckers and rapists the last time we attended a game there. Sat in front of a former Ewu player who yelled ftg and jizz on the Griz the entire game.

This is a joke, right?

EWU fans = express sheer hatred for us 364 days a year, and then beg us for help? Have some dignity man.

Tell you what. Go back in time and get rid of every douche that accosted my wife while walking to the stadium back in 2012 and I'll maybe consider it.

Silenoz said:
This is a joke, right?

EWU fans = express sheer hatred for us 364 days a year, and then beg us for help? Have some dignity man.

Tell you what. Go back in time and get rid of every douche that accosted my wife while walking to the stadium back in 2012 and I'll maybe consider it.

Three Chads, four Brads, and a Tevin.

Great Day To Be An Eagle said:
ORGUNGRIZ said:
Watching the FCS playoffs and lack of crowds, minus NDSU, has been sad. Those players and coaches of these teams have all worked so hard and to show so much disinterest in the communities is sad.
The Montana and Dakota schools are so lucky to have supportive fan bases. It to bad the like of Georgia Southern and App State still don’t represent the FCS.

Not a big Eag fan but hope they can make it post Maine and take on NDSU.

Let’s bring the FCS NC game to Vegas once the Raiders have that stadium built. How cool would that be!!

I mean so says you. But that's just you projecting your own opinion on to the situation. Go find me a quote where any of these players or coaches are pissed about attendance. All I ever hear and read is how these young men are playing for each other and playing for the coaches. Go watch how thrilled coach Best was last night after that game and what it meant to win that in front of his friends and family. That's all they care about.

Yeah, it would be great if we had a 20k seat stadium full for the playoffs. but we don't. We compete against two FBS P5 programs for attention in the state. one in our backyard. And we compete against the #1 college basketball program in the nation. Also in our backyard.

Also, pretty sure we don't know what kind of fan support Montana has in December as y'all haven't played in this month in some time. Meanwhile EWU is hosting its fifth seminal game in nine years.

Uhh... I know these players play and coaches coach for there team. What team doesn’t?

However I have to believe the players and coaches alike would prefer to do so in front of a large supportive fan base. If you think they prefer to have a handful of fans in the stands your mistake bud.

This is not a knock on EWU, it’s a knock on the majority of the FCS. The FCS is loosing programs like App State and GSU that have support from there fans to the FBS. There are not that many FCS programs that have fan bases that show a lot of support. I personally don’t think the FCS can stand to loose to many more supported programs or we may see even less FCS playoff games on televised ESPN.

As mentioned in my previous post I hope the Eags get a chance to play NDSU. Maybe they can make a better showing than the Cats did.

In 1997 the Griz were knocked out in the first round of the playoffs by McNeese State, but EWU made the semis and had a home game (at Albi Stadium in Spokane) against Youngstown State. This was right after the Griz first two NC appearances, and during a time when excitement for football in Griz Nation was probably close to its highest. We drove over for the game, but there were also 3 or 4 charter buses from Missoula and lot of other Montana fans that made the trip. I'm not sure what the attendance from Montana was at that game, but it seemed like it was half of those there with the Montana flags waving and all of the Griz gear, and it was loud with the "Montana" - "Grizzlies" chants. EWU lost the game, but we had a blast and we were thanked on several occasions by EWU fans for making the trip.

grizeyes said:
If I was closer I would be there in my Griz gear. EWU in the championship game is good for the Big Sky.
Hope there is a good crowd as seeing fewer fans than a AA High School game is embarrassing for the FCS, the Big Sky and especially EWU.

We actually don't give a shit what the outside perception of our attendance or lack of attendance in playoff games is. At least I don't. I'm not sitting there in Roos Field watching the crowd. I'm watching the football program on the field, and that is quite the opposite of an embarrassment for the Sky and for the FCS. What's on the field is one of the top 2 or maybe 3 premier teams in all FCS.

Go Eags!

Odd you you say you don't care. And here you are on our fan site telling us you don't care. And go on posting you don't care on and on. And take the time to count threads because again you don't care. And the weirdest part is it one of your EWU brothers that started a thread asking for Griz fans to come to your shit stadium. It is kind of funny. Peace out Bitch

grizeyes said:
If I was closer I would be there in my Griz gear. EWU in the championship game is good for the Big Sky.
Hope there is a good crowd as seeing fewer fans than a AA High School game is embarrassing for the FCS, the Big Sky and especially EWU.

We actually don't give a shit what the outside perception of our attendance or lack of attendance in playoff games is. At least I don't. I'm not sitting there in Roos Field watching the crowd. I'm watching the football program on the field, and that is quite the opposite of an embarrassment for the Sky and for the FCS. What's on the field is one of the top 2 or maybe 3 premier teams in all FCS.

Go Eags!

And apparently when you're not in Roos field cheering on the ewu football team you're on eGriz writing about sitting in Roos field cheering on the ewu football team. Got it :thumb:

Ursa Major said:
grizeyes said:

Go Eags!

And apparently when you're not in Roos field cheering on the ewu football team you're on eGriz writing about sitting in Roos field cheering on the ewu football team. Got it :thumb:

Ursa, you just don't understand how hard he doesn't care about the lack of EWU fans. He doesn't care super hard.

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:
grizeyes said:

Go Eags!

Ursa, you just don't understand how hard he doesn't care about the lack of EWU fans. He doesn't care super hard.

So what you're saying is that he couldn't give 2.5 shits about his daily reading of every post on Egriz? In fact, he especially couldn't care less, maybe even 3 shits, about what Egriz posters say about him being in Roos field cheering on the ewu football program?

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:

Go Eags!

So what you're saying is that he couldn't give 2.5 shits about his daily reading of every post on Egriz? In fact, he especially couldn't care less, maybe even 3 shits, about what Egriz posters say about him being in Roos field cheering on the ewu football program?

Exactamundo. Don't get him started about whether OJ did it, because he doesn't care. All he cares about is not caring about what eGriz posters say about him not caring about being in Roos field cheering on the EWU football program. At times, he puts his hands in the air, and checks eGriz before waving said hands as if there are no repercussions.

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:

Exactamundo. Don't get him started about whether OJ did it, because he doesn't care. All he cares about is not caring about what eGriz posters say about him not caring about him being in Roos field cheering on the EWU football program.

So in essence, he couldnt give a shit if Egriz posters don't give a shit about him not giving a shit about him being in Roos field cheering on the ewu football program. He'll still get on eGriz (which he doesn't give a shit about) to inform posters, who don't give a shit, that he doesn't give a shit.

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Exactamundo. Don't get him started about whether OJ did it, because he doesn't care. All he cares about is not caring about what eGriz posters say about him not caring about him being in Roos field cheering on the EWU football program.

So in essence, he couldnt give a shit if Egriz posters don't give a shit about him not giving a shit about him being in Roos field cheering on the ewu football program. He'll still get on eGriz (which he doesn't give a shit about) to inform posters, who don't give a shit, that he doesn't give a shit.

He couldn't have said it better himself, assuming he gave a shit to post here.

grizeyes said:

Go Eags!
Disagree. It is an embarrassment to the EWU, The Big Sky and FCS. Trying to add legitimacy, enthusiasm and energy to FCS playoffs and when someone tunes in to check out the FCS playoffs, they see fewer attending than their junior high kids football game, they laugh and turn the channel. It's not just EWU. FCS lacks fan support across the nation.

ORGUNGRIZ said:
Watching the FCS playoffs and lack of crowds, minus NDSU, has been sad. Those players and coaches of these teams have all worked so hard and to show so much disinterest in the communities is sad.
The Montana and Dakota schools are so lucky to have supportive fan bases. It to bad the like of Georgia Southern and App State still don’t represent the FCS.

Not a big Eag fan but hope they can make it post Maine and take on NDSU.

Let’s bring the FCS NC game to Vegas once the Raiders have that stadium built. How cool would that be!!

I mean so says you. But that's just you projecting your own opinion on to the situation. Go find me a quote where any of these players or coaches are pissed about attendance. All I ever hear and read is how these young men are playing for each other and playing for the coaches. Go watch how thrilled coach Best was last night after that game and what it meant to win that in front of his friends and family. That's all they care about.

Yeah, it would be great if we had a 20k seat stadium full for the playoffs. but we don't. We compete against two FBS P5 programs for attention in the state. one in our backyard. And we compete against the #1 college basketball program in the nation. Also in our backyard.

Also, pretty sure we don't know what kind of fan support Montana has in December as y'all haven't played in this month in some time. Meanwhile EWU is hosting its fifth seminal game in nine years.

He didn’t say they were pissed. But the find is on you. Our players have said they want the big crowds to return from tailgating after the 3rd quarter. And we’ve posted those comments here. I’ve quoted one myself. There’s your start...

“That’s all they care about”... maybe your players.

fanofzoo said:
fanofzoo said:
grizeyes said:
PlayerRep said:
I have to say that I'm glad the OP started this thread. I didn't realize EWU was in the playoffs.
:lol:

That was a winner.....POTY..... and he got in the humor :mrgreen: :thumb:

don't quit your day job though

It was one of the best posts on egret recorded t 2:44am. You should hope that I don't quit my day job, because then I'd have time to post as much as I'd like to.

Back