• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

How does football survive in Missoula?

Apparently Spitfire was NOT to be included in the “shoot, shovel and shut-up”program, who knew? Spitfire’s die was cast when his ancestors said the hell with that bunch backing the opposable first digit, everybody knows the future is running on all four! Bet you wish you had something to thumb that hammer back with now. If the cursed things hadn’t developed such a dependency on strychnine over the years, we could all shoot one.

firtrader said:
Apparently Spitfire was NOT to be included in the “shoot, shovel and shut-up”program, who knew? Spitfire’s die was cast when his ancestors said the hell with that bunch backing the opposable first digit, everybody knows the future is running on all four! Bet you wish you had something to thumb that hammer back with now. If the cursed things hadn’t developed such a dependency on strychnine over the years, we could all shoot one.

Username checks out.

CDAGRIZ said:
I was texting with this popular wolf last week about the O-Line. He said, "rjdidgeidkdkkxh", and "djdjjjfkdkekosz". We laughed, and shared a raccoon. We had plans to ask PR to invite us to his lake place. He had good Montana ties and came from a strong pack. His daughter played volleyball at MSU-Northern before going into finance.

This entire thread is a complete WTF.

But this post makes it all worthwhile, indeed!

CDAGRIZ said:
I was texting with this popular wolf last week about the O-Line. He said, "rjdidgeidkdkkxh", and "djdjjjfkdkekosz". We laughed, and shared a raccoon. We had plans to ask PR to invite us to his lake place. He had good Montana ties and came from a strong pack. His daughter played volleyball at MSU-Northern before going into finance.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

how does anything survive in missoula. Between the mayor and his over the top taxation and the freaking free loading hippies. A freaking pan handler hit me up the other day and asked for $5. what ever happened go the days when they asked if you had any extra change?

retiredpopo said:
how does anything survive in missoula. Between the mayor and his over the top taxation and the freaking free loading hippies. A freaking pan handler hit me up the other day and asked for $5. what ever happened go the days when they asked if you had any extra change?

Inflation.

Htowngriz said:
retiredpopo said:

Inflation.

The sad thing is he was dressed better than me and was texting on an iphone.

That reminds me of the time I had an extra ticket for a game and offered it to a young man that was at the tailgates looking for one, pretty sure a college kid, for $5, just enough that I could buy a snack or beverage. The young man looked at me like I was crazy and tried multiple times to talk me into just giving it to him. I noticed a homeless guy hitting up the hot dogs at the tailgates, and right in front of the young man, handed the ticket to the homeless guy and told him to have fun at the game....dude was quite excited...not sure his seat neighbors were though

PlayerRep said:
SaskGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
SaskGriz said:
Oh wow, someone with a different opinion. This time about wolf hunting. Everybody is entitled to their own, this guy isn't hurting anything. Is the title of the post in reference to a belief that environmentalism or being anti wolf hunting is somehow destructive to football? I have to admit, I don't follow.

This is your idea of another "opinion"? This letter looks like it was written by a nut case to me.

"Nothing in the world — not money, possession or trophy — can give you the jouissance you are so desperate to have. The male self of the Western Enlightenment, hungry to possess, acquire, take, regulate, perfect and control, is full of anxiety and fear. So are you, sir. Our country indoctrinates you into semi-capitalism, so you think that trophy hunting expresses the size of your manpower.

So, you spend money on a gun and ammunition in ignorance of the ecosystem, the psychological dynamics of a wolf pack and moral justification itself. You take to avoid your own ontological deprivation — your own lack, as it were. Yet, this is an impossibility, and you will continue because you are now addicted to it.

When you murdered this wolf you murdered your self. You murdered the pack. You murdered every living being in the ecosystem. You murdered me. And there is nothing we could do to you to help you understand your responsibility to protect all life, even your own."

The hunter "murdered himself" and "everything in the ecosystem"? "Jouissance"? "Ontological deprivation"?

PR- I get that the guy uses some weird ways of expressing his disapproval with. Reads to me like a fired up non-traditional student in his third year of a double major in Environment Conservation/Philosophy. Or he just bought a new thesaurus. Some people make themselves feel important with big words, others name drop to show how they are "in the know". Still others who have never played the game, act like they have all the answers. It's all good, and to me they are all welcome to say what they like. Still don't know how this is related to football in Missoula.

Don't think you came close to describing the author.

On your last sentence, it's my view and I would ask that you respect it. After all, you said different opinions and everyone is entitled to their own. I guess you meant everyone except me.

No I respect your opinion, I try to be respectful of most on here I think. I still don't understand the forum title; How Does Football Survive in Missoula. What does a guy who doesn't like wolf hunting have to do with football in Missoula? This is an honest question, I don't get the connection.

CDAGRIZ said:
SaskGriz said:
Oh wow, someone with a different opinion. This time about wolf hunting. Everybody is entitled to their own, this guy isn't hurting anything. Is the title of the post in reference to a belief that environmentalism or being anti wolf hunting is somehow destructive to football? I have to admit, I don't follow.

Nothing in the world - not money, possession, or trophy - can give you the au juicer you are so desperate to have. When you posted this, you murdered every poster on eGriz. Murdered. You murdered yourself.

I did all that? Hell the pen is mightier than the sword. With tremendous keyboard comes tremendous responsibility.

Do those hunters really EAT a wolf? If not, they are just killers and not really hunters. they must have a small penis.

Anybody hear anything about a movie being made based on the Krakauer book? I wonder if they will let them film any of it on campus. Brace yourself this will have more of an impact on football in Missoula then the wolves in Yellowstone. :shock:

I am willing to bet that even a scholarly statesman like Playerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr knew what jouissance meant before Googling it. I will take any and all bets that anyone else knew either...

Back