• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

How does football survive in Missoula?

EverettGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I was texting with this popular wolf last week about the O-Line. He said, "rjdidgeidkdkkxh", and "djdjjjfkdkekosz". We laughed, and shared a raccoon. We had plans to ask PR to invite us to his lake place. He had good Montana ties and came from a strong pack. His daughter played volleyball at MSU-Northern before going into finance.

This entire thread is a complete WTF.

But this post makes it all worthwhile, indeed!

LOLOLOL. We laughed, and shared a raccoon. Damn CDA, good work.

PlayerRep said:
Letter to editor regarding a "popular" wolf that was legally shot outside of Yellowstone Park recently. I assume the letter writer is not a fan of football.

"To the hunter who murdered Spitfire the wolf:

Nothing in the world — not money, possession or trophy — can give you the jouissance you are so desperate to have. The male self of the Western Enlightenment, hungry to possess, acquire, take, regulate, perfect and control, is full of anxiety and fear. So are you, sir. Our country indoctrinates you into semi-capitalism, so you think that trophy hunting expresses the size of your manpower.

So, you spend money on a gun and ammunition in ignorance of the ecosystem, the psychological dynamics of a wolf pack and moral justification itself. You take to avoid your own ontological deprivation — your own lack, as it were. Yet, this is an impossibility, and you will continue because you are now addicted to it.

When you murdered this wolf you murdered your self. You murdered the pack. You murdered every living being in the ecosystem. You murdered me. And there is nothing we could do to you to help you understand your responsibility to protect all life, even your own.

In my sadness and disappointment, I also know about natural justice, and so will you as new laws emerge to protect Yellowstone wolves from being slaughtered in the future.

Kevin Boileau,
Missoula"

https://missoulian.com/opinion/letters/wolf-hunter-suffers-from-deprivation/article_7c691483-a951-5cf2-a130-69ef416cb7aa.html#tracking-source=home-trending

maxresdefault.jpg

You killed Kevin you bastard!

THE BETCH said:
"Shared a racoon" is the funniest quote ever, on this forum.

That was great, but I also liked this one of CDA too:

"Nothing in the world - not money, possession, or trophy - can give you the au juicer you are so desperate to have. When you posted this, you murdered every poster on eGriz. Murdered. You murdered yourself."

How about we send Kevin some "Adulting" stickers? I can't believe that these are even a thing!

https://www.peterpauper.com/product_info.php?products_id=5752&cPath=22_226

PlayerRep said:
Letter to editor regarding a "popular" wolf that was legally shot outside of Yellowstone Park recently. I assume the letter writer is not a fan of football.

"To the hunter who murdered Spitfire the wolf:

Nothing in the world — not money, possession or trophy — can give you the jouissance you are so desperate to have. The male self of the Western Enlightenment, hungry to possess, acquire, take, regulate, perfect and control, is full of anxiety and fear. So are you, sir. Our country indoctrinates you into semi-capitalism, so you think that trophy hunting expresses the size of your manpower.

So, you spend money on a gun and ammunition in ignorance of the ecosystem, the psychological dynamics of a wolf pack and moral justification itself. You take to avoid your own ontological deprivation — your own lack, as it were. Yet, this is an impossibility, and you will continue because you are now addicted to it.

When you murdered this wolf you murdered your self. You murdered the pack. You murdered every living being in the ecosystem. You murdered me. And there is nothing we could do to you to help you understand your responsibility to protect all life, even your own.

In my sadness and disappointment, I also know about natural justice, and so will you as new laws emerge to protect Yellowstone wolves from being slaughtered in the future.

Kevin Boileau,
Missoula"

https://missoulian.com/opinion/letters/wolf-hunter-suffers-from-deprivation/article_7c691483-a951-5cf2-a130-69ef416cb7aa.html#tracking-source=home-trending

Connecting the dots here takes some doing...but I do think moving Wa-Griz to Kalispell piece by piece would be an idea I could support...it's also why my anticipated move from Denver is focusing on Whitefish instead of back to a hometown I no longer recognize...or want a damned thing to do with.

Here are pieces of another letter to editor of same author:

"I know that this town was built on violence and corruption and that shooting seems as natural as brushing your teeth....

Let’s try leaning into Socratic dialectic and critical reflection instead of the holster. We can."

I have nothing against wolf hunting. My cousin's kid in Big Timber bagged one this year that makes a lot of grizzly bears look small. Animal lovers/Animal Rights folks are everywhere, not just Missoula. You gotta take these guys with a grain of salt...unless he is a Earth First eco-terrorist or something. Those nuts could potentially cause a lot of harm...but so can any extremist. Take for example the anti-abortion extremists that periodically attack clinics and kill nurses and doctors in this country, or even white nationalist-supremacists that walk into black churches or Jewish synagogues and kill innocents.

Kevin loves wolves....but he also probably wears Tom Brady underwear.

The biggest reason football survives in Missoula is that the football we are talking about is the University of Montana, not the University of Missoula. Missoula residents do not dominate the attendance at UM football games. Bball, yes, football, no. A better look at Missoula football is to look at HS football.

emilsson_2000 said:
I have nothing against wolf hunting. My cousin's kid in Big Timber bagged one this year that makes a lot of grizzly bears look small. Animal lovers/Animal Rights folks are everywhere, not just Missoula. You gotta take these guys with a grain of salt...unless he is a Earth First eco-terrorist or something. Those nuts could potentially cause a lot of harm...but so can any extremist. Take for example the anti-abortion extremists that periodically attack clinics and kill nurses and doctors in this country, or even white nationalist-supremacists that walk into black churches or Jewish synagogues and kill innocents.

Kevin loves wolves....but he also probably wears Tom Brady underwear.
New POTY front-runner.

kemajic said:
The biggest reason football survives in Missoula is that the football we are talking about is the University of Montana, not the University of Missoula. Missoula residents do not dominate the attendance at UM football games. Bball, yes, football, no. A better look at Missoula football is to look at HS football.
Wondered about that. I seem to recall (awhile back) posts that moaned about the poor state of HS football in Missoula. How competitive are the Missoula teams? In looking over the roster (about 100 names), I see 42 guys from Montana. Of those, 10 are listed for Missoula (but one shows a California HS). That seems in proportion, except there are 8 from Kalispell. Has Kalispell really grown that much?

FWIW, 4 of the Missoula players list Big Sky HS, while 3 went to Sentinel

"Missoula city offices, including animal control, reported receiving bomb threats by email Thursday, believed to be part of a nationwide extortion scheme seeking bitcoin ransoms." Missoulian red banner story.

Back