• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

more wide receivers

argh!

DONOR
whine cry bitch complain.oh, wait. different coach. great gets, bobby!

or not? what do you think?

argh! said:
whine cry bitch complain.oh, wait. different coach. great gets, bobby!

or not? what do you think?

What a whiny little man. They have verbals from 2 kids for the incoming class, hardly excessive.

griz98 said:
So far there are two in this class; shouldn't a team have a couple in every class?

It's my understanding that the receiver position is essentially being eliminated, now that Jensen and Stitt are gone. The goal is to keep under 5 receivers, but only ones under 6' or over 6'5". Once the receiver group is decreased in size, there will be room on the depth chart to start listing and using fullbacks. With only 1 receiver graduating this year, it may be several years before the fullbacks can be used. By then, it is expected that there will be at least 10 on the roster.

PlayerRep said:
griz98 said:
So far there are two in this class; shouldn't a team have a couple in every class?

It's my understanding that the receiver position is essentially being eliminated, now that Jensen and Stitt are gone. The goal is to keep under 5 receivers, but only ones under 6' or over 6'5". Once the receiver group is decreased in size, there will be room on the depth chart to start listing and using fullbacks. With only 1 receiver graduating this year, it may be several years before the fullbacks can be used. By then, it is expected that there will be at least 10 on the roster.

That's what I've heard as well. 6-9 years is the anticipated transition time. #RTD...it's a journey, not a destination.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
griz98 said:

That's what I've heard as well. 6-9 years is the anticipated transition time. #RTD...it's a journey, not a destination.
It’s all about trajectory these days :thumb:

A generalization for sure, but high school coaches want the ball in the hands of their best athletes. That’s either quarterback or wide receiver. There is one quarterback and up to four receivers on the field. Do the math. There are tons of high school wide receivers that play elsewhere in college.

PlayerRep said:
griz98 said:

I heard much the same. My sources tell me that both these recruits will be put on strict strength and dietary plans to bulk up. Expect both to enter fall camp as tight end prospects. Looking forward to seeing the 5 TE formation Rosey is working on.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
griz98 said:

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance is now required ready for high school football commits.

I heard there was some experimental training regimen that would add 3-6 inches in length....those would make some big wide receivers.

grizindabox said:
I heard there was some experimental training regimen that would add 3-6 inches in length....those would make some big wide receivers.

any chance I can get a hold of that program...asking for a friend... :D

AZDoc said:
grizindabox said:

any chance I can get a hold of that program...asking for a friend... :D

YOU'RE the Dr in the house. :? :?

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
griz98 said:

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance is now required ready for high school football commits.

:puke:

PlayerRep said:
griz98 said:

Question.

What if we just fielded 11 guys who were tight ends slash fullbacks? Like a combination? Or would that just be unfair to the rest of FCS?

Silenoz said:
PlayerRep said:
griz98 said:

Question.

What if we just fielded 11 guys who were tight ends slash fullbacks? Like a combination? Or would that just be unfair to the rest of FCS?
I think that would be really unfair to our QB.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
griz98 said:

Maybe we will finally know what a “quality loss” really is

grizindabox said:

My mom said you are not an expert on length...not sure how she knows that...

jodcon said:
grizindabox said:

My mom said you are not an expert on length...not sure how she knows that...

I could respond to this in so many not so nice ways....but I won't.

griz98 said:

And receivers tend to carry the "Athlete" designation so you never know what the real landing spot is for them, they could end up as secondary or special teams guys. Now that I've seen the LB/QB combo I'm not counting anything out.

Back