more wide receivers

Get the low down on Griz/FCS Football
argh!
eGriz Club

whine cry bitch complain.oh, wait. different coach. great gets, bobby!

or not? what do you think?
griz98
eGriz Club

So far there are two in this class; shouldn't a team have a couple in every class?
grizindabox
eGriz Club

argh! wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:26 am
whine cry bitch complain.oh, wait. different coach. great gets, bobby!

or not? what do you think?
What a whiny little man. They have verbals from 2 kids for the incoming class, hardly excessive.
One of the definitions of privilege is, thinking “the system works” because it worked FOR YOU.
PlayerRep

griz98 wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:50 am
So far there are two in this class; shouldn't a team have a couple in every class?
It's my understanding that the receiver position is essentially being eliminated, now that Jensen and Stitt are gone. The goal is to keep under 5 receivers, but only ones under 6' or over 6'5". Once the receiver group is decreased in size, there will be room on the depth chart to start listing and using fullbacks. With only 1 receiver graduating this year, it may be several years before the fullbacks can be used. By then, it is expected that there will be at least 10 on the roster.
AZGrizFan
eGriz Club

PlayerRep wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:31 am
griz98 wrote:
It's my understanding that the receiver position is essentially being eliminated, now that Jensen and Stitt are gone. The goal is to keep under 5 receivers, but only ones under 6' or over 6'5". Once the receiver group is decreased in size, there will be room on the depth chart to start listing and using fullbacks. With only 1 receiver graduating this year, it may be several years before the fullbacks can be used. By then, it is expected that there will be at least 10 on the roster.
That's what I've heard as well. 6-9 years is the anticipated transition time. #RTD...it's a journey, not a destination.
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.
grizfnz

AZGrizFan wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:58 am
PlayerRep wrote:
griz98 wrote:
That's what I've heard as well. 6-9 years is the anticipated transition time. #RTD...it's a journey, not a destination.
It’s all about trajectory these days :thumb:
THE POST COUNTER IS NOT AN INTELLIGENCE METER

mtgriz
eGriz Club

A generalization for sure, but high school coaches want the ball in the hands of their best athletes. That’s either quarterback or wide receiver. There is one quarterback and up to four receivers on the field. Do the math. There are tons of high school wide receivers that play elsewhere in college.
Ursa Major
eGriz Club

PlayerRep wrote:
griz98 wrote:
I heard much the same. My sources tell me that both these recruits will be put on strict strength and dietary plans to bulk up. Expect both to enter fall camp as tight end prospects. Looking forward to seeing the 5 TE formation Rosey is working on.
Post Like A Champion!
PlayerRep

AZGrizFan wrote:
PlayerRep wrote:
griz98 wrote:
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance is now required ready for high school football commits.
grizindabox
eGriz Club

I heard there was some experimental training regimen that would add 3-6 inches in length....those would make some big wide receivers.
One of the definitions of privilege is, thinking “the system works” because it worked FOR YOU.
AllWeatherFan
eGriz Club

Maybe we could just use Jerry Louie-McGee. :beer2:
Turn up the Eagles, the neighbors are listening.
AZDoc

grizindabox wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:37 am
I heard there was some experimental training regimen that would add 3-6 inches in length....those would make some big wide receivers.
any chance I can get a hold of that program...asking for a friend... :D
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool-Bill Shakespeare
What a Fool Believes-The Doobie Brothers
AZGrizFan
eGriz Club

AZDoc wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:15 pm
grizindabox wrote:
any chance I can get a hold of that program...asking for a friend... :D
YOU'RE the Dr in the house. :? :?
AZGrizFan
eGriz Club

PlayerRep wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:27 am
AZGrizFan wrote:
PlayerRep wrote:
griz98 wrote:
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance is now required ready for high school football commits.
:puke:
Silenoz

PlayerRep wrote:
griz98 wrote:
Question.

What if we just fielded 11 guys who were tight ends slash fullbacks? Like a combination? Or would that just be unfair to the rest of FCS?
fanofzoo

Silenoz wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:51 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
griz98 wrote:
Question.

What if we just fielded 11 guys who were tight ends slash fullbacks? Like a combination? Or would that just be unfair to the rest of FCS?
I think that would be really unfair to our QB.
BozAngelesGriz

PlayerRep wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:27 am
AZGrizFan wrote:
PlayerRep wrote:
griz98 wrote:
Maybe we will finally know what a “quality loss” really is
"Stay on target"
jodcon
eGriz Club

grizindabox wrote:
My mom said you are not an expert on length...not sure how she knows that...
grizindabox
eGriz Club

jodcon wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:59 pm
grizindabox wrote:
My mom said you are not an expert on length...not sure how she knows that...
I could respond to this in so many not so nice ways....but I won't.
jodcon
eGriz Club

griz98 wrote:
And receivers tend to carry the "Athlete" designation so you never know what the real landing spot is for them, they could end up as secondary or special teams guys. Now that I've seen the LB/QB combo I'm not counting anything out.