• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2019 Griz Football Recruiting 25 Signed, 9 Transfers & 4 Walk-ons

mtgrizfankb said:
reinell30 said:
mtgrizfankb said:
StumptownGriz said:
This kid looks like a complete back with some home run hitting ability. Huge upgrade of talent in the backfield! Welcome Marcus!

We all saw this one coming... not too many offers for him. Not sure if he is a huge upgrade as you mentioned but he has complete skill sets. It comes down to if he can hold onto the ball. As we saw last year... if you can’t hold onto the ball in practice and can’t catch you won’t play. He should complement Eastwood.

Anyone would complement Eastwood. I think Eastwood moves to number three or four back this year.

Also we aren’t exactly deep at RB...so to be 4th he would be behind Levi, Marcus and one of the incoming freshman. Extremely unlikely

What about Turner?

Fahque said:
mtgrizfankb said:
reinell30 said:
mtgrizfankb said:
We all saw this one coming... not too many offers for him. Not sure if he is a huge upgrade as you mentioned but he has complete skill sets. It comes down to if he can hold onto the ball. As we saw last year... if you can’t hold onto the ball in practice and can’t catch you won’t play. He should complement Eastwood.

Anyone would complement Eastwood. I think Eastwood moves to number three or four back this year.

Also we aren’t exactly deep at RB...so to be 4th he would be behind Levi, Marcus and one of the incoming freshman. Extremely unlikely

What about Turner?

My bad, Okay add turner in. Does anyone who watched the team last year or went to practices/camp think anyone will pass Eastwood? I don’t, I think this new guy will get some good reps and shared time if he can hold onto the ball. Something our backs had issues with in practice last year(except for Eastwood)

Fahque said:
mtgrizfankb said:
reinell30 said:
mtgrizfankb said:

What about Turner?
[/quote

Yes, what about Turner? No one ever mentions him. Did he show promise during his redshirt year? He looked like an exciting prospect at Glacier High.

mtgrizfankb said:
reinell30 said:
mtgrizfankb said:
StumptownGriz said:
This kid looks like a complete back with some home run hitting ability. Huge upgrade of talent in the backfield! Welcome Marcus!

Hahahahahah okay. Who’s gonna move in front of him? This kid? People love to beat on Eastwood but he is still learning college ball, has good hands. Makes good moves in the flat and can put his shoulder down. No he won’t juke you out or always fall forward but he’s a good back and he did well last year.

This year, I know he was a freshman but, he was slow on his footwork, slow to hit the hole and slow to get moving when he got thru the hole. Most good backs are at full speed when they hit the hole and when they get thru, have that extra gear to accellerate after the hole is open. I don't believe Eastwood will develop into a great back for the griz...Just my opinion. However, I also hope I am dead wrong! Janacaro and Graves impressed me as freshman this year and I think they have a futre at RB for the griz. This new kid Marcus, we will see how he does. As the sain goes, proof is in the pudding.

maroonandsilver said:
Fahque said:
mtgrizfankb said:
reinell30 said:

What about Turner?
[/quote

Yes, what about Turner? No one ever mentions him. Did he show promise during his redshirt year? He looked like an exciting prospect at Glacier High.

It all depends on how he continues to develop and when he gets to play with the first team. We didnt have a line last year and didn’t have the bodies to run a million running reps in practice. The scout team was a major patch job so it’s really really hard to get a good judge of last years freshman but I dont think any of them are better or more put together as a back than eastwood. Eastwood has most the tools we need. He had 700 yards overall and 9 TDS last year with the worst line we have had in god knows how many years

mtgrizfankb said:
StumptownGriz said:
dayday said:
mtgrizzly said:
https://gogriz.com/news/2019/1/10/football-griz-add-running-back-marcus-knight.aspx

https://twitter.com/montanagrizfb/status/1083482722754908160?s=21

Really, really good news to add another back that can play now.

And pass blocking, an attribute most fans overlook when scratching their heads on why a back doesn’t play.

I’m thinking Dawson Marchant CB from Canada might have also greyshirted, showed up on the initial fall roster but then disappeared, he is still in the UM directory

grizfan1984 said:
I’m thinking Dawson Marchant CB from Canada might have also greyshirted, showed up on the initial fall roster but then disappeared, he is still in the UM directory

Yes

https://www.heraldextra.com/sports/college/byu/football/byu-football-defensive-lineman-tevita-mo-unga-announces-transfer/article_ee564843-7a5f-5ded-92ce-bdbe1136d0c7.html

Exactly what the doctor would have ordered. Coach Sacks did start following so least worth monitoring.

Well the Griz have entered the "Contact" Period prior to the February Signing day.

Hauck has said they "are pretty much done" My guess is the only additions we might see is 1 or 2 drop downs or surprises that fell through the cracks.

Also, look for 5-8 Walk ons

griz4life said:
It seems Mazotti is still acquiring, and surely missing out on, offers.

His latest is to play QB, unlike UM or Cals. If he wanted UMs he would have taken it or at least not posted "reopening recruitment " tweet. My guess is Bobby has moved on. Be interesting to see where he lands and how that works.

Ursus1 said:
griz4life said:
It seems Mazotti is still acquiring, and surely missing out on, offers.

His latest is to play QB, unlike UM or Cals. If he wanted UMs he would have taken it or at least not posted "reopening recruitment " tweet. My guess is Bobby has moved on. Be interesting to see where he lands and how that works.

Is this a bump tweet by this kid on his own social media? I didn’t look but this one is dated yesterday. Kid can run, no doubt, but this is Tebow incarnate @ best. There are five throws in the first 25 or so plays on his huddle. I can’t tell if that’s how the offense was structured, but his first inclination is to run. I’m not saying he’s never going to be a QB, but were I him, l’d Look @ TE. He could easily grow into that spot & put his skills to good use.

Back