• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

What’s up with Timmy?

grizbro

Didn’t watch today but no playing time and lots of fouls in 1 minute? He can be Mr. Excitement but lately seems subdued. What’s up...in detention again?

At one point late in the game I noticed DeCuire admonish Falls about something while he was sitting on the bench, and Falls looked kind of glum after it happened.

Hmmm, pattern of behavior indicates some issues

Gifted..... but if this is a continuing trend, his career here ??

Reminds of another fiery red haired point guard..#4..Mr. Sam Riddle. Gifted player, ability to pass and find players open, but didn’t know when to shut his mouth and it ultimately got him in trouble.

Watching Timmy the last couple of games, he has been pushing hard and playing terrible defense, not
Moving his feet and reaching in frequently. Hope he figures it out because he can be special.

Timmy is a very good defensive player, and is the best passer on the team by far.

Next year, Timmy will be the man.

This year, however, he will mainly play a support role, but will still have opportunities to step up and make big plays for this team, just as he has done. As long as he accepts and embraces that role, he'll be fine. I have no reason to think he'll be side-tracked by any underlying "issues" alluded to in this thread.

AllWeatherFan said:
Timmy is a very good defensive player, and is the best passer on the team by far.

This year, however, he will mainly play a support role, but will still have opportunities to step up and make big plays for this team, just as he has done. As long as he accepts and embraces that role, he'll be fine. I have no reason to think he'll be side-tracked by any underlying "issues" alluded to in this thread.

Would like to think that but believe somethings up. Sitting during garbage time and pouting in locker room pictures tell a different story. Hope things get worked out...think we’ll need him down the stretch.

grizbro said:
AllWeatherFan said:

Would like to think that but believe somethings up. Sitting during garbage time and pouting in locker room pictures tell a different story. Hope things get worked out...think we’ll need him down the stretch.

Won’t be surprised if he is not around long.

socalgriz2344 said:
Reminds of another fiery red haired point guard..#4..Mr. Sam Riddle. Gifted player, ability to pass and find players open, but didn’t know when to shut his mouth and it ultimately got him in trouble.

Watching Timmy the last couple of games, he has been pushing hard and playing terrible defense, not
Moving his feet and reaching in frequently. Hope he figures it out because he can be special.
That is an excellent comparison. Sam had a gift, but attitude could take him out of the game. Sam is an excellent musician with regular gig in Vegas.

grizbro said:
Maybe like Karl last year?

Speaking of Nicholas. Has started 5 games. Is 8th on team in minutes, with 18 per games. 4th leading scorer with 7.8. Shooting 42%. 54% from the line. 5th in rebounds, with 4.2. 10 assists to 25 TO. Leads team with 18 blocks. I think his stats came after an injury to a teammate.

At UM, he played just under 10 minutes at UM, which was 8th on the team. Didn't have much for scoring or rebounding average, but shot 60%. Shot 33% from the line.

PlayerRep said:
grizbro said:
Maybe like Karl last year?

Speaking of Nicholas. Has started 5 games. Is 8th on team in minutes, with 18 per games. 4th leading scorer with 7.8. Shooting 42%. 54% from the line. 5th in rebounds, with 4.2. 10 assists to 25 TO. Leads team with 18 blocks. I think his stats came after an injury to a teammate.

At UM, he played just under 10 minutes at UM, which was 8th on the team. Didn't have much for scoring or rebounding average, but shot 60%. Shot 33% from the line.
Freak of an athlete, but hasn't stuffed the box score at either location (although I wouldn't have expected this as a true freshman at Montana).

Timmy Falls is a perplexing case.

He seems to be pressing to get the most out of his time on the floor. His role is essentially similar to that last year, and I just get the sense he is trying to get 35 minutes of action out of 20. I think when you measure that with Pridgetts team MVP like performance this year, it might make a bit of sense as to why Falls does what he does on the floor. Feels like he is trying to make an immediate impact, but rather than letting the game and his instincts take over he is pressing the issue.

Grizfan-24 said:

He seems to be pressing to get the most out of his time on the floor. His role is essentially similar to that last year, and I just get the sense he is trying to get 35 minutes of action out of 20. I think when you measure that with Pridgetts team MVP like performance this year, it might make a bit of sense as to why Falls does what he does on the floor. Feels like he is trying to make an immediate impact, but rather than letting the game and his instincts take over he is pressing the issue.

I agree. Timmy sometimes forces passes or takes the occasional ill-advised shot. It's a risk/reward thing, because when he makes a great assist or hits a big three, it fires up the team and the crowd.

I assume we will see him do that MANY times over the remainder of his career...AT UM.

Timmy will be at his best with another team if he keeps up the pouting and sulking and mouthing off...

Not sure if anyone realizes this but Montana has a lot of very good basketball players on the roster this season. Timmy Falls plays behind 2 of the top guards in the conference. Next year Falls will be one of the best in the conference but he is paying his dues right now. He still has a lot to learn from Jedi master Travis Decurie.

grizaremoregooder said:
Not sure if anyone realizes this but Montana has a lot of very good basketball players on the roster this season. Timmy Falls plays behind 2 of the top guards in the conference. Next year Falls will be one of the best in the conference but he is paying his dues right now. He still has a lot to learn from Jedi master Travis Decurie.
Exactly. I think the expectations for him this year were too high. Being a sophomore on a team loaded with other options at the guard spot is tough. He still has potential to break DeCuire’s assist record.

AllWeatherFan said:
Grizfan-24 said:

I agree. Timmy sometimes forces passes or takes the occasional ill-advised shot. It's a risk/reward thing, because when he makes a great assist or hits a big three, it fires up the team and the crowd.

I assume we will see him do that MANY times over the remainder of his career...AT UM.

I agree. Also note that Falls is a very good defender, and he was starting this year before he got into trouble for saying something on the Thanksgiving trip. UM often plays 3 guards, and occasionally 4. With the addition and emergence of Manuel, there are finite minutes to divide among all of them. However, Ideally (and I don't know what's being said and going on behind the scenes), Falls should be playing more.

AWF, you should make more substantive posts on hoops. You've made a number of good posts in the last month or so.

Back