• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Dante Lands in Top 10 on Small School NFL Draft List

interesting,,,,all on the defensive side of the ball....we may be a lot better than we realize ......most of the talk is our offensive side of the ball...this team, may be the real deal by the end of the season...

alabamagrizzly said:
I guess they didn’t realize that EWoo and the scats got players way better then these guys.

I didn’t see a lot (if any) NDSU players. That has to be a first.

The defense has a chance to be special. Someone posted stats about effectiveness of pass defense last season. I think that will turn to above average this season. The real challenge this season will be stopping the run. Who will eat blocks allowing DO and Hauck to head hunt? If the Griz can be above average stopping the run and get timely pressure on QBs...playoff caliber defense.

The offensive playmakers are on board. I won't rehash concerns with the O Line, but I am not sure the offense will be better than average.

I do think the coaching stability and special teams will allow Griz to win a couple of toss up games.

SoldierGriz said:
The defense has a chance to be special. Someone posted stats about effectiveness of pass defense last season. I think that will turn to above average this season. The real challenge this season will be stopping the run. Who will eat blocks allowing DO and Hauck to head hunt? If the Griz can be above average stopping the run and get timely pressure on QBs...playoff caliber defense.

The offensive playmakers are on board. I won't rehash concerns with the O Line, but I am not sure the offense will be better than average.

I do think the coaching stability and special teams will allow Griz to win a couple of toss up games.

As for eating up blocks, David Shaw did a good job of that last years just being so big but from what I understand is Sims will be moving to that spot and I believe he may be even better due to being quicker and possibly just as strong or stronger. Alford should be capable too but after him I see a drop off possibly.

SoldierGriz said:

Serious question: Why do you believe pass defense will "turn to above average" this season without any proof, but do NOT believe in any improvement in the O-Line without proof? :? :?

I'm not claiming to have proof. There is no evidence either. Ha ha.

But, I do think the Griz have the athletes required to elevate performance in the secondary. Calhoun, Sandry, and Hauck have unbelievable potential. Calhoun was essentially playing CB as a freshman last year.

I don't think the same way about the O Line. I think they are who they are...and at this point, even the depth brought in remains a big unknown.

Let me ask you this: do the Griz have a better chance at potential All BSC in the secondary, or on the O Line?

SoldierGriz said:

But, I do think the Griz have the athletes required to elevate performance in the secondary. Calhoun, Sandry, and Hauck have unbelievable potential. Calhoun was essentially playing CB as a freshman last year.

I don't think the same way about the O Line. I think they are who they are...and at this point, even the depth brought in remains a big unknown.

Let me ask you this: do the Griz have a better chance at potential All BSC in the secondary, or on the O Line?

Well I don't have proof (or evidence...a subtle distinction, to be sure ;) ) for EITHER side of the ball...but I do believe they now have the athletes on the offensive side as well to elevate their performance. Ganoung. Anderson. Pillans. Mallory. A healthy Villanueva. A larger, more seasoned Sirmon. Keintz. Beaver. Cook. The list goes on and on.

I just think its interesting that you think the SAME guys on the D side can "elevate their performance", but the same guys on the OFFENSIVE side somehow have learned all they're going to learn and "are who they are".

I think we'll be pleasantly surprised (on both sides of the ball, honestly). :thumb: :thumb:

AZGrizFan said:
SoldierGriz said:

Well I don't have proof (or evidence...a subtle distinction, to be sure ;) ) for EITHER side of the ball...but I do believe they now have the athletes on the offensive side as well to elevate their performance. Ganoung. Anderson. Pillans. Mallory. A healthy Villanueva. A larger, more seasoned Sirmon. Keintz. Beaver. Cook. The list goes on and on.

I just think its interesting that you think the SAME guys on the D side can "elevate their performance", but the same guys on the OFFENSIVE side somehow have learned all they're going to learn and "are who they are".

I think we'll be pleasantly surprised (on both sides of the ball, honestly). :thumb: :thumb:

Maybe so...but, you didn't answer my question.

SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
SoldierGriz said:

I'm going to say O-line. :cool: :cool:

Cy Sirmon if he stays healthy. :clap: :clap:

AZGrizFan said:
SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
SoldierGriz said:

I'm going to say O-line. :cool: :cool:

Cy Sirmon if he stays healthy. :clap: :clap:

Fair enough... :thumb:

Back