• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Good, Bad, Ugly - UNA

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Good:

- avalanching a team in the second half, 45-0
- the O Line opening more running lanes than we’ve seen in a long time. 4.9 ypc amongst 8 rushers and 5 rushing TDs
- Marcus Knight has some bounce and some speed. 19 carries, 89 yds, 4.7 ypc and 3 TDs
- Sneed was solid again going 24-38 (63%) for 269 and 1 TD
- JLM was absolutely electric in the punt return game. At one point he had 3 returns for 132 yards and a TD (44 yard per return). Ended with 5 for 150
- got to see why the coaches are high on true freshman RB Ostmo. Powerful, good hands
- Adam Wilson and his kicks and punts. The dude kicked it through the uprights at least twice and had awesome punts, 3 which he averaged 50 yards per. Was also awesome on the fake punt
- the trio of Toure, Akem, and JLM just too much again (19 receptions for 223 yds)
- offense putting up 61 pts and 530 yards
- defense with 3 athletic picks and pitching a shutout in 2nd half
- Gubner with his pick and high motor
- Hauck and Olson has solid games
- Gavin Robertson was really solid today with a pick as well
- lots of 2nd teamers getting playing time and doing well. Drew Turner looks legit
- great crowd. Loud and electric!

Bad:

- losing Crow on what looked like a bad injury. Special teams ace and really good safety back up
- giving QB way too much time to throw (got better in 2nd half)
- some bad tackling on that quick screen that went to the house and poor coverage on that long wide open TD
- Sneed fumbling the ball at a critical time when we were about to put up points just before the half
- the fake FG. I think you just take the points there especially since you’re getting the kick to start the half

Ugly:

- playing an Oregon team in 6 days who just beat an FBS team 77-6 😂
- seriously though there wasn’t really any ugly I could remember.

TJD said:
Good- Coaching adjustments in the second half.
All good, on both side of the ball.

But I especially like the way the defense shut them down in the second half. You'd think there might be a late garbage score against the subs ... but there wasn't. :thumb:

on the ugly side - those commercials on the side screens for parkside credit union have to go. good god those were annoying AF

NorthEndZoneDan said:
on the ugly side - those commercials on the side screens for parkside credit union have to go. good god those were annoying AF

No doubt! That bright ball moving all around. I was hoping they wouldn’t play that while we were trying to kick a FG. Would be totally distracting

The good pass break up on fourth and goal on first drive
The bad Fake FG
The ugly UNA scoring after fake FG

The commentators were saying that Marcus Vineyard is academically inelligble, does anybody know if this is true. Also does anybody know why Lorenzo Brown is still sitting in the stands with the redshirts when he redshirted last year?

HookedonGriz said:
One addition - Sammy Akem will play on Sundays. That dude is incredible.

Maybe!! I'd put the odds at around 20%, at best, personally. CFL? Much more likely. Etu Molden was just as good and he never made the NFl.

Zirg said:
HookedonGriz said:

Maybe!! I'd put the odds at around 20%, at best, personally. CFL? Much more likely. Etu Molden was just as good and he never made the NFl.

How much do you want to bet on this? Molden was a great college receiver, but didn't have the speed and long pass route ability.

How about this? $100 whether he makes an NFL roster as 53 man or practice squad, if he's healthy when he's done with college football?

PlayerRep said:
Zirg said:
HookedonGriz said:

How much do you want to bet on this? Molden was a great college receiver, but didn't have the speed and long pass route ability.

How about this? $100 whether he makes an NFL roster as 53 man or practice squad, if he's healthy when he's done with college football?

Get over yourself with your little pretend side bets. You are already back-pedalling into a practice Squad spot too. i doubt he will "PLAY in an actually NFL game", and I stand by that. I wouldn't be shocked, but the odds don't favor him.

Zirg said:
PlayerRep said:
Zirg said:
HookedonGriz said:

Get over yourself with your little pretend side bets. You are already back-pedalling into a practice Squad spot too. i doubt he will "PLAY in an actually NFL game", and I stand by that. I wouldn't be shocked, but the odds don't favor him.

You are the one backpedaling. 20% is your view. You couldn't evaluate football galena if your life depended on it. Few posters one egriz have said so many incorrect and dumb things over the years as you have.

Okay, $250 on whether he plays in an NFL game, if he is healthy coming out of college.

PlayerRep said:
Zirg said:
PlayerRep said:
Zirg said:

You are the one backpedaling. 20% is your view. You couldn't evaluate football galena if your life depended on it. Few posters one egriz have said so many incorrect and dumb things over the years as you have.

Okay, $250 on whether he plays in an NFL game, if he is healthy coming out of college.

IF?? lol, more caveats I see. It's long-shot in many ways..having the talent, staying healthy, getting a real shot by an NFl team. THAT'S why I offered a realistic %.

Zirg said:
PlayerRep said:
Zirg said:
PlayerRep said:

IF?? lol, more caveats I see. It's long-shot in many ways..having the talent, staying healthy, getting a real shot by an NFl team. THAT'S why I offered a realistic %.

Okay, give me 5 to 1 odds. I put up $100; you put up $500.

I know you are afraid to bet, and that you don't have any money.

PlayerRep said:
Zirg said:
PlayerRep said:
Zirg said:

Okay, give me 5 to 1 odds. I put up $100; you put up $500.

I know you are afraid to bet, and that you don't have any money.

You (unwittingly) made my case. If you want "odds", you realize that my point of contention is far stronger. You are making a fool of yourself in so many ways. You brag about your big donations and being a big-deal lawyer with lots of $. I am sure some is true (and I don't give a crap), but a true multi-millionaire doesn't feel any need to prove themselves or brag about their $ or donations.

Zirg said:
HookedonGriz said:

😂 Comparing Molden to Sammy... Whew! Aside from Sammy being 2 inches taller, longer arms, bigger hands and better speed, you're pretty much spot on with that comparison 👍

SaskGriz said:
The commentators were saying that Marcus Vineyard is academically inelligble, does anybody know if this is true. Also does anybody know why Lorenzo Brown is still sitting in the stands with the redshirts when he redshirted last year?

Was also wondering that. Anybody got the inside news?

Good - halftime adjustments
Bad - 1st half running game
Ugly - UNA defensive player no. 99. Where in the hell did they get that guy?! What an absolute stud!

Back