• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Shannon is Fired!!!! Boom!!!

westsider said:
grizzlygrumpa said:
Money ball is a cheeseball. Shannon was a class act and building a program. Haslam snatching out the rug on her smacks of the pflu treatment

And keep her for what reason?? If Travis had the same record and player departures what would be the reaction and Haslam's decision.....yep you are correct.

Weren't most, or all, of the players who have left under Travis told that they should leave, or that they wouldn't get any playing time? Other than the guy who went to WSU this year apparently over Travis' approach to disciplining him?

If rumors are true about shannon’s coaching style, does anyone know why that is? She was under Rib for a long time. Why did she not inherit his approach? Or did she, and times are just different now. Not a lot of specifics being posted about what the problem actually was. I gather she was condescending and played favoritism?

ordigger said:
If rumors are true about shannon’s coaching style, does anyone know why that is? She was under Rib for a long time. Why did she not inherit his approach? Or did she, and times are just different now. Not a lot of specifics being posted about what the problem actually was. I gather she was condescending and played favoritism?

For that I think you need to ask someone from Billings familiar with the Cate clan.

maroonandsilver said:
Shannon has been offered another position across campus: to head-up the Women's Leadership Institute. Will she accept?

Interesting, a UM staff let go for "leadership" reasons, becomes super for a UM "leadership" institute? At any rate, if so hope she does well.

maroonandsilver said:
Shannon has been offered another position across campus: to head-up the Women's Leadership Institute. Will she accept?

ugh, universities love to spend time and money on 'leadership', as if someone would need a class or whatever to become a leader. some people have that trait, others don't. those i known who go to leadership classes, workshops, and even conferences usually have little or no leadership skills, and sound like mindless parrots at times they think they are engaging in leadership. my opinion is that these 'leadership' organizations do a lot more harm than good. there is nothing more annoying than someone who uses the so-called leadership skills they learned in a class when talking to a group of students or whatever. as for hoops, they would probably not pass the basketball often enough, maintain a low field goal %, but continue to take too many shots.

hope that was basketball-ish enough :)

argh! said:
maroonandsilver said:

ugh, universities love to spend time and money on 'leadership', as if someone would need a class or whatever to become a leader. some people have that trait, others don't. those i known who go to leadership classes, workshops, and even conferences usually have little or no leadership skills, and sound like mindless parrots at times they think they are engaging in leadership. my opinion is that these 'leadership' organizations do a lot more harm than good. there is nothing more annoying than someone who uses the so-called leadership skills they learned in a class when talking to a group of students or whatever. as for hoops, they would probably not pass the basketball often enough, maintain a low field goal %, but continue to take too many shots.

No. Back to the Big Sky coronavirus forum...we keep it to sports over here! ;)

argh! said:
maroonandsilver said:

This is a privately funded Institute.

maroonandsilver said:
argh! said:

This is a privately funded Institute.

still campus affiliated, and as far as i can tell, run by um: http://www.umt.edu/womens-leadership-initiative/

Bjorn Bjornstein said:
argh! said:

hey, i posted a form of a mea culpa for the subject matter at the end of the post, as i recognize this forum is usually fairly basketball-specific. if you can't accept someone admitting and basically pre-apologizing for a post that wavers from the norm, it doesn't say much about your ability to be a little flexible with your fellow human beings. i guess i should have added that if shannon does indeed wind up heading this organization, maybe it explains why so many players didn't take to her leadership style, and left?

argh! said:
Bjorn Bjornstein said:

hey, i posted a form of a mea culpa for the subject matter at the end of the post, as i recognize this forum is usually fairly basketball-specific. if you can't accept someone admitting and basically pre-apologizing for a post that wavers from the norm, it doesn't say much about your ability to be a little flexible with your fellow human beings. i guess i should have added that if shannon does indeed wind up heading this organization, maybe it explains why so many players didn't take to her leadership style, and left?
;) ;) ;)

More analysis on this situation with some soundbites from Haslam & Petrino about the interim tag:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/tootell-and-nuanez-april-23rd-2020-hour-2-montana-lady-griz/id1121407684?i=1000472468802

Surprised that took this long to be honest. Not being mean, but is this a loss? Have we even been competitive in T&F in forever? I heard the kids liked him but I know nothing more.

Back