• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Timmy Falls steps away from Griz hoops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well for what it is worth - I will miss this baller. Was looking so much to see Timmy in his Senior season. The first time I saw a great pass I was hooked. I idolized Pistol Pete growing up & just Loved watching a piece of what Timmy was able to do that reminded me so much of Pistol. Good Luck to Timmy and his family in the future. Head Up young man!

PlayerRep said:
Paytonlives said:
From the story...

Although he will not play for Montana this upcoming season, Falls has not entered the NCAA Transfer Portal nor officially retired from college basketball. One source said there is a chance he could return for a fifth and final season in 2021. Falls still has a redshirt to use at Montana.

During the most recent off-season, Montana’s roster has seen a slew of additions at the guard positions. Last fall, UM signed Robby Beasley and Brandon Whitney, a pair of explosive guards from Southern California. In recent months, Montana also landed Sacred Heart transfer Cameron Parker and NAU transfer Cameron Satterwhite, each who have extensive starting experience at the Division I level.

Former Utah guard Naseem Gaskin sat out last season at Montana and is expected to compete for time in the backcourt with the newcomers along with returning sophomores Josh Vazquez and Eddie Egun.

I wonder if this situation is being mis-analyzed. While I haven't read the Skyline article, I would focus on the first para above, and not entering the portal, redshirt year, and possibility of returning, along with maroonandsilver's comment: "He screwed up once again" and grizjournal's post. Also, we already knew that he didn't have a scholarship.

I would think about whether he will be working on his academics for a year.

I have been told that online learning was hard on many kids, including some athletes.

I wonder if a better headline would have been: "Falls will redshirt to focus on academics".

Just a thought. I will do some more checking.

He is not redshirting, he is not part of the program and is not currently enrolled. He stepped away from the program for personal reasons is the only information provided so far.

Colter_Nuanez56 said:
PlayerRep said:
I wonder if this situation is being mis-analyzed. While I haven't read the Skyline article, I would focus on the first para above, and not entering the portal, redshirt year, and possibility of returning, along with maroonandsilver's comment: "He screwed up once again" and grizjournal's post. Also, we already knew that he didn't have a scholarship.

I would think about whether he will be working on his academics for a year.

I have been told that online learning was hard on many kids, including some athletes.

I wonder if a better headline would have been: "Falls will redshirt to focus on academics".

Just a thought. I will do some more checking.

He is not redshirting, he is not part of the program and is not currently enrolled. He stepped away from the program for personal reasons is the only information provided so far.

Okay, but I didn't say he was redshirting. I said "redshirt year", which he plans to use, so that he can play basketball the following year. In the second place, I suppose I could have said: "Fall will use redshirt year to focus on academics". At this point, he plans to concentrate on getting his academics in better order. One of the reasons that he's not currently enrolled, is because it's a summer term and he's not taking summer school at this time. He does plan to go back to school. He's in town working. I hear his golf game is good.

PlayerRep said:
Colter_Nuanez56 said:

Okay, but I didn't say he was redshirting. I said "redshirt year", which he plans to use, so that he can play basketball the following year. In the second place, I suppose I could have said: "Fall will use redshirt year to focus on academics". At this point, he plans to concentrate on getting his academics in better order. One of the reasons that he's not currently enrolled, is because it's a summer term and he's not taking summer school at this time. He does plan to go back to school. He's in town working. I hear his golf game is good.

Sounds like a regular 21 year old kid figuring out what is next in his life. If you are going to take a year off from playing this would be the year to take off. Like I said before I'm selfishly going to miss watching him play/

UncleRico said:
PlayerRep said:

Sounds like a regular 21 year old kid figuring out what is next in his life. If you are going to take a year off from playing this would be the year to take off. Like I said before I'm selfishly going to miss watching him play/
You and me.

fanofzoo said:
UncleRico said:
You and me.

Me three with thee.

grizindabox said:
Timmy officially entered the transfer portal.

Buuuuuuumer. I won't be surprised to see him in a BSC uniform. Maybe even Weber? Or possibly closer to home?

Nothing against Timmy, but it would appear that the talent level on the Griz passed him by....

That’s a testament to DeCuire’s recruiting these past couple years.

No doubt a lot of hi powered talent arriving. They'll miss his attitude and defensive effort though, we'll see if someone steps into that role. I wish him the best.

AZGrizFan said:
Nothing against Timmy, but it would appear that the talent level on the Griz passed him by....

You obviously haven't talked to decuire or anybody else close to the montana program to arrive to that opinion.
Kidding, I agree with you 100%.
The talent he's brought in the last year or two has been upgraded greatly.

I think if Falls would have worked to change his outside shot to have less side spin on it, he would still be on scholly.....His outside shot was so inconsistent it was a situation where if he had a good night, he would shoot 3-5 but if he wasn't on it was an 0 for however many he shot.....of course there may be something else going on that nobody wants to mention....hard to tell....

Out of respect to timmy and his family it's
Probaly time to move on and close the comments again thank you to all the wonderful
Griz fans that have supported timmy during his time at montana and best of luck to the griz moving forward.

AZGrizFan said:

Don't think this is right. I think he would have been a starter this year at UM. Heard he went to portal because he wasn't getting good enough assurance that he could return to team. Mountain West has already reached out. Note that his mother lives near Sacramento.

Coachnelson said:
Out of respect to timmy and his family it's
Probaly time to move on and close the comments again thank you to all the wonderful
Griz fans that have supported timmy during his time at montana and best of luck to the griz moving forward.

Agree.

He played 20 mpg on a team that had Rorie, Oguine, Pridgett, Manuel, and Dorsey as guards/wings (all of them upperclassmen btw), I don't buy that this year's team has so much more talent than the '17 and '18 teams that Timmy wouldn't be a contributor.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

Don't think this is right. I think he would have been a starter this year at UM. Heard he went to portal because he wasn't getting good enough assurance that he could return to team. Mountain West has already reached out. Note that his mother lives near Sacramento.

If Timmy returned in good standing, what would be your predicted starting line-up?

Trust me if Timmy were to return (not gonna happen) he would not be in the starting lineup. Nothing against him or his talent but there are to many ahead of him.

GrizBall said:
PlayerRep said:

If Timmy returned in good standing, what would be your predicted starting line-up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back