• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Satterwhite v. Falls - 3-Pt Shooting

PlayerRep said:
braves84 said:
Falls- 30 mpg, .415% from 3 point land, .405% overall from the field, 2.0 rpg, 6.5. PPG.

Satterwhite- 26.8 mpg, .410% from 3 point land, .435% overall from the field, 2.7.rpg, 10.2 PPG.

Three point percentage was basically a wash,.

Overall percentage from the floor went to satterwhite - .435% to .405% for falls

Satterwhite averaged more rpg. More than falls 2.7 to 2.0.

Satterwhite- PPG was 10.2 compared to falls 6.5. in 3.2 less mpg.

Those are all

meaningful stats imo.

Spin away.

Assists, assist to TO ratio, and steals are more important. Satterwhite got way too many TO.

Show us Satterwhite's stat were he was ranked in the official conference stats. I showed Falls' to you.

Like I've said a thousand times, people show you information that you ask for, yet you still want to argue.

You said show me meaningful stats, I'd did as did others , yet you still want to argue.

It doesn't pay with you, grow the f**k up.

braves84 said:
PlayerRep said:
Assists, assist to TO ratio, and steals are more important. Satterwhite got way too many TO.

Show us Satterwhite's stat were he was ranked in the official conference stats. I showed Falls' to you.

Like I've said a thousand times, people show you information that you ask for, yet you still want to argue.

You said show me meaningful stats, I'd did as did others , yet you still want to argue.

I want meaningful stats, not meaningless stats. For example, when 2 guys shoot the same percentage of 3's in conference, and one has shot much better than the other in the 2 prior years, saying one guy took 19 more shots in conference is meaningless.

Pointing out numbers of fouls is virtually meaningless, especially compared to assist to turnover ratio, assists, and steals. For a guard and ball handler, 2 of the most important stats are the ratio and number of assists. Not one person who understands basketball would agree with you two jokers on that one.

Some of your stats would be like me arguing the Falls is a better player because he played 3 more minutes per game in conference play. Like some of your stats, that's a meaningless stat.

Braves, settle down, or I will do my best to get your thrown off the board.

PlayerRep said:
braves84 said:

I want meaningful stats, not meaningless stats. For example, when 2 guys shoot the same percentage of 3's in conference, and one has shot much better than the other in the 2 prior years, saying one guy took 19 more shots in conference is meaningless.

Pointing out numbers of fouls is virtually meaningless, especially compared to assist to turnover ratio, assists, and steals. For a guard and ball handler, 2 of the most important stats are the ratio and number of assists. Not one person who understands basketball would agree with you two jokers on that one.

Some of your stats would be like me arguing the Falls is a better player because he played 3 more minutes per game in conference play. Like some of your stats, that's a meaningless stat.

I guess you think points per game and rebounds per game are meaningless too.

You are truly clueless. Smh.

PlayerRep said:

I have no dog in this fight but what a joke! Because someone has a different opinion than you have you are going to do do your best to get them thrown off the board. It seems like anytime someone has a different opinion from yours you attempt to take over the thread. This is a free country and people do have the right to express their opinion even if it differs from yours.

I am sorry for the rant. You post a lot of information that I enjoy reading and thinking about but am tired of your constant bickering with people having a different opinion.

I fully expect a response but be assured that I will not respond to any post attacking me for expressing my opinion.

Griz1 said:
PlayerRep said:

I have no dog in this fight but what a joke! Because someone has a different opinion than you have you are going to do do your best to get them thrown off the board. It seems like anytime someone has a different opinion from yours you attempt to take over the thread. This is a free country and people do have the right to express their opinion even if it differs from yours.

I am sorry for the rant. You post a lot of information that I enjoy reading and thinking about but am tired of your constant bickering with people having a different opinion.

I fully expect a response but be assured that I will not respond to any post attacking me for expressing my opinion.

I have never seen anything like this. The level of ego is crazy. First he asks for numbers to prove that Satterwhite is better(which he is). Then, when people the numbers he ASKED for, he still argues and disagrees. Even when literally everyone but him is saying one thing, his opinion is obviously right, because he is PR. Then, when he starts to get exposed for faulty logic and pettiness, he threatens to get someone thrown off the board? Dude grow up🤡

PlayerRep said:
UMFan12 said:
Are you comparing a one handed rim grazer at almost 5’10” to a switchhand dunk at 6’4” coming off a knee injury? Yeah ok. Don’t even mention the 360 windmill with his LEFT on Satterwhites page recently. Talk about petty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I56CC75MjmE
When has Falls ever done anything CLOSE to that. You just never will admit your wrong? Must be fun to be around. Ego through the roof

My 5'9.5, 185 pound white guy, who was benching 400 at the times, could also do a windmill.
A windmill dunk is no longer a feat like it was back in your day. Both Josh and Jalen Vazquez can windmill off both one and two feet, and were considered as “average” athletes in HS. Satterwhite was considered one of the most athletic players on the entire state of AZ coming out of high school, so much so he made the AZ Preps dunk contest. He can 360 windmill with his left hand, I can guarentee your “5’9.5”, “185” lb “white guy” woukd struggle just doing a regular 360 dunk, let alone an effortless 360 windmill with the left. Naseem Gaskin and Cameron Satterwhite are 2 of the best athletes Griz fans will see, maybe even 2 of the top 3 in the 2000s. Don’t disrepect an athlete the level of Satterwhites by saing Falls can do the same stuff. If he can, why don’t he? The best dunk he has ever done in game or practice that is availabe is a basic two hander. Walk into any MT high school gym and there are kids who can do that. Falls is more of a speed guy than a vert guy. And the fact you have the gall to compare a plain windmill to 360 windmills with the left and switchand reverses shows you were never exactly a “high flyer”.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m36YY_vhKK4
I though his athleticism would be the least debatable of all the aspects of his game, but yet somehow you called Timmy a superior athlete? This kid is a freak of nature. He’s gonna blow your mind. Wait on it.🥱

PlayerRep said:
"1-How is 20 less shots not a big deal when talking efficiency? The entire notion of you questioning this is a little redicilous. 20 shots makes a pretty big difference considering timmy took 60 total.
2-Gee, I don’t know, maybe because Burcar had said on multiple occasions that he was their best and most versatile defender, and when he left the local reporters were writing stories about the departures of Andre and Satterwhite, and questioned who was going to guard other teams best player with Satterwhite gone."

Falls had 35 starts at UM, a much better team than NAU. Satterwhite had 18 starts in his career, all at NAU. How is that not a big deal?

As for 3 point shots, Satterwhite was 30-79, 4-19, and 11-40. 32.6% for his career. 45-138.

Falls was 23-60, 26-75, and 22-54. 39.4%. 71-180.

So, Falls is a career 39.4% 3 point shooter. Has taken 180, and has had made 71.

Satterwhite is a 32.6 % career shooter. Has taken 138 shots and made 45.

So, Falls has shot 6% better in his career, made 26 more 3's and has taken 42 more 3's.

So, because Satterwhite took 29 more 3's last year, he's a better 3-pt shooter.

So, buddy, these stats don't come close to supporting your assertion.

Yup, you got the list right. All became friends. Some worked for me. I was invited to JD's wedding this summer at Big Sky. Only 2 Griz fans were invited, one of whom did the wedding. I know the parents of all of them too, except for Qvale. I have been to quite a few former Griz weddings. I didn't realize that jock sniffers got invited to weddings. Never new that.

This is just "REEDICKYOULESS".........or "redicilous"........or maybe....ding...ding..ding.....ridiculous!

Did yous tuter spellin' clas for Timmee last spring?

braves84 said:
PlayerRep said:

I guess you think points per game and rebounds per game are meaningless too.

You are truly clueless. Smh.

In this situation, 3 points per game and about 1 rebound per game, are pretty much meaningless, in comparison to the difference in number of steals, number of assists, and assist to turnover ratio. The ladder 3 are much more meaningful.

See if you can get any knowledgable poster to agree that your 2 stats are more meaningful than my 3 stats. My stats are much more meaningful. Jeez, Falls was second in conference play with his assist to TO ratio, and was also ranked in steals. Satterwhite wasn't ranked in anything.

UMFan12 said:
PlayerRep said:
My 5'9.5, 185 pound white guy, who was benching 400 at the times, could also do a windmill.
A windmill dunk is no longer a feat like it was back in your day. Both Josh and Jalen Vazquez can windmill off both one and two feet, and were considered as “average” athletes in HS. Satterwhite was considered one of the most athletic players on the entire state of AZ coming out of high school, so much so he made the AZ Preps dunk contest. He can 360 windmill with his left hand, I can guarentee your “5’9.5”, “185” lb “white guy” woukd struggle just doing a regular 360 dunk, let alone an effortless 360 windmill with the left. Naseem Gaskin and Cameron Satterwhite are 2 of the best athletes Griz fans will see, maybe even 2 of the top 3 in the 2000s. Don’t disrepect an athlete the level of Satterwhites by saing Falls can do the same stuff. If he can, why don’t he? The best dunk he has ever done in game or practice that is availabe is a basic two hander. Walk into any MT high school gym and there are kids who can do that. Falls is more of a speed guy than a vert guy. And the fact you have the gall to compare a plain windmill to 360 windmills with the left and switchand reverses shows you were never exactly a “high flyer”.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m36YY_vhKK4
I though his athleticism would be the least debatable of all the aspects of his game, but yet somehow you called Timmy a superior athlete? This kid is a freak of nature. He’s gonna blow your mind. Wait on it.🥱

I never said Falls was a superior athlete. He was a much better player and contributor than Satterwhite last year, tho.

You are the one who brought up the windmill, not me. I just said some 5.9.5 non-basketball player could also do it, and he could also bench 400 and ran a 40 in the low 4.4's. That kid is a much better athlete than Satterwhite. Strong and faster. May even have a better vertical.

Griz1 said:
PlayerRep said:

No, it has nothing to do with difference of opinion. It never has been. It's the potty mouth language he uses. He's already gotten other threads locked. It's the jerks that I tangle with, not people with differences of opinion. Surprised that you can't see that.

UMFan12 said:
Griz1 said:

I have never seen anything like this. The level of ego is crazy. First he asks for numbers to prove that Satterwhite is better(which he is). Then, when people the numbers he ASKED for, he still argues and disagrees. Even when literally everyone but him is saying one thing, his opinion is obviously right, because he is PR. Then, when he starts to get exposed for faulty logic and pettiness, he threatens to get someone thrown off the board? Dude grow up🤡

I asked for meaningful stats, like the one's I provided. 19 extra 3 point shots in conference play and number of fouls is not meaningful. Assist to TO ratio, assists, and steals are meaningful. Braves is sometimes a potty mouth. He gets threads locked. Grow up? Maybe look in the mirror little buddy.

PlayerRep said:
UMFan12 said:

I asked for meaningful stats, like the one's I provided. 19 extra 3 point shots in conference play and number of fouls is not meaningful. Assist to TO ratio, assists, and steals are meaningful. Braves is sometimes a potty mouth. He gets threads locked. Grow up? Maybe look in the mirror little buddy.
Fouls aren’t meaningful? Well someone didn’t watch any Griz games this season. At one point, and it may have ended this way, we had the worst free throw differential in the entire conference, and one of the worst in the nation, but fouls don’t matter? Falls draws fouls at a very low rate(why he didn’t have enough attempts to make the leaderboard) and guves up fouls at the highest rate on the team, which wouldn’t be problematic if he was a big, but he’s not. It’s a problem if a guard leads your team in fouls.

UMFan12 said:
PlayerRep said:
Fouls aren’t meaningful? Well someone didn’t watch any Griz games this season. At one point, and it may have ended this way, we had the worst free throw differential in the entire conference, and one of the worst in the nation, but fouls don’t matter? Falls draws fouls at a very low rate(why he didn’t have enough attempts to make the leaderboard) and guves up fouls at the highest rate on the team, which wouldn’t be problematic if he was a big, but he’s not. It’s a problem if a guard leads your team in fouls.

You obviously don't go to games. I sit in row 1 across from bench.

You show your lack of basketball knowledge by arguing about fouls like this.

Assists to TO ratio, assists, and steals are way more important.

I like how you two show your basketball ignorance. Keep it up.

UMFan12 said:
PlayerRep said:
I don't know what more can be said, if he can't see or admit what most can in regards to falls vs satterwhite it's either a case of stubbornness or ignorance or both

He asked for meaningful information, you and I provided more than enough and he constantly changes his "goalposts" as he like to say.

For a division 1 pt. guard the assist to turnover ratio to should be 3.0 to 1.0,
For an off guard/wing guard it should be 2.0. to 1.0 minimum
Falls, whatever position you want to label him was 2.8. to 1.7. assist to turnover in the regular season. So...

If we didn't have Timmy people would sit and politely clap like a tennis game, he brought the game.

braves84 said:
For a division 1 pt. guard the assist to turnover ratio to should be 3.0 to 1.0,
Falls, whatever position you want to label him was 2.8. to 1.7. assist to turnover in the regular season. So...

Playing both 1 and 2 guards, he was no. 2 in the conference in the conference season. That is very good. You can try to pooh pooh it all you want, but that just shows how little you know about basketball. No one would say that being no. 2 in the ratio during the conference season was not very good.

Wasn't Timmy out early last year with a broken hand caused by pounding his hand against a wall in frustration? Led team in fouls and pouted/ignored teammates/coaches. Now he's apparently not met academic standards to remain with a team he's contributed on for 3 straight years.

Sounds like the kid needs to grow up a bit and the team will be just fine without him.

Now just hope there is a season!

PlayerRep said:
braves84 said:

Playing both 1 and 2 guards, he was no. 2 in the conference in the conference season. That is very good. You can try to pooh pooh it all you want, but that just shows how little you know about basketball. No one would say that being no. 2 in the ratio during the conference season was not very good.
Just stating what tad Boyle the coach for the Colorado buffaloes stated to the Denver post in a 2015 article.

Yeah, I know he doesn't have any credibility either, just a head coach for a pac-12 team, what does he know.

And no I'm not posting a link, it won't do any good, you'll just discredit it anyway. Look it up your self.https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.denverpost.com/2015/01/03/to-colorado-coach-tad-boyle-its-about-assist-to-turnover-ratio/&ved=2ahUKEwjlh7y4_qTrAhWCbs0KHV7FCi0QFjACegQIChAK&usg=AOvVaw2u8yfbB1gKYhabT1N0cuzF
Oh well, here it is.

Back