• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Best Route from Missoula to Bay Area? Recommendations

PlayerRep said:
I have done this trip, both ways, 15 or 20 times over the years. When I just want to make time and not sight see, I go on I-90 towards Butte, cut south on I-15 to Idaho, go west on I-? from Pocatello, get off Interstate and go to Twin Falls, go south from Twin Falls on a secondary road into Nevada to I-80, and then west all the way to Bay Area.

Overnight stays could be Twin Falls or any city in Nevada along I-80. I like Winnemucca.

Love staying over at Cactus Petes in Jackpot. Use to have one of the best Buffet's in Nevada.

Cactus Pete's is fun. Loosing Timmy, not so much. Wherever you end up Timmy, Griz nation is with you.

I won't offer any route suggestions; other folks seem much more competent at that than I am.

Just wanted to thank Timmy for the thrills, excitement and effort he brought to Griz basketball the past few years. I always felt that he was 100 percent committed to helping the team win, on both ends of the floor.

With that kind of attitude, I'm sure that he'll do well in whatever are the next phases in his life. So I just want to wish him well as he moves on from Missoula and Griz Nation. Thanks again for the memories.

grizonbob said:
I won't offer any route suggestions; other folks seem much more competent at that than I am.

Just wanted to thank Timmy for the thrills, excitement and effort he brought to Griz basketball the past few years. I always felt that he was 100 percent committed to helping the team win, on both ends of the floor.

With that kind of attitude, I'm sure that he'll do well in whatever are the next phases in his life. So I just want to wish him well as he moves on from Missoula and Griz Nation. Thanks again for the memories.

That is a very nice post.

PlayerRep said:
I assume I-5 is smoke and some fire now.

Definitely around Medford/Ashland. If I was going the Northern route I'd go 90 to Ritzville and cut down through the Tri-cities and across the river to 80 in Oregon. Four lane all the way, no Snoqualmie pass or Seattle area traffic. I'd bet 5 will be a mess even through Oregon about now, I'd go one of the southern options.

Hoops watcher said:
PlayerRep said:
I assume I-5 is smoke and some fire now.

Definitely around Medford/Ashland. If I was going the Northern route I'd go 90 to Ritzville and cut down through the Tri-cities and across the river to 80 in Oregon. Four lane all the way, no Snoqualmie pass or Seattle area traffic. I'd bet 5 will be a mess even through Oregon about now, I'd go one of the southern options.

Any way you go there will be smoke. I figure there will be smoke all the way between Reno and San Francisco.

If you do come through Winnemucca message me I'll buy you lunch or dinner. I met Timmys dad a few times in reno at the BSC tourney.
One of the most exciting players to watch the last few years. Good luck with wherever the future takes you.

Came back from Pocatello on Sunday and it was flat out clear and beautiful, however Monida Pass on Saturday had 3 inches of hail ( was there).

Back