• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Steadman Excited to Play

HookedonGriz

DONOR
https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/with-michael-steadman-now-available-montana-mens-hoops-will-have-plenty-of-post-options/article_26861c97-2a06-50d8-a2a8-4aa323c00186.html?fbclid=IwAR0Z9ZuPSSf542p9WTiQB1LdkBT8AOvBlXxpWaRD5x0N6YUFbiN45bA837U

fanofzoo said:
He's excited ? What about us !
Ecstatic! I'm disappointed that we lost football for the year, (I believe there won't be a spring season) but I'm very excited about this basketball team. I'd say we're the Big Sky preseason favorites to win the Conference. The only spot on the floor that kind of concerns me is point guard. I believe all we have is Vasquez. We lost Timmy and Gaskin so hopefully one of the freshmen (or somebody else) will be ready to step up.

Griz til I die said:
fanofzoo said:
Ecstatic! I'm disappointed that we lost football for the year, (I believe there won't be a spring season) but I'm very excited about this basketball team. I'd say we're the Big Sky preseason favorites to win the Conference. The only spot on the floor that kind of concerns me is point guard. I believe all we have is Vasquez. We lost Timmy and Gaskin so hopefully one of the freshmen (or somebody else) will be ready to step up.

I think you are forgetting about this guy https://gogriz.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/brandon-whitney/5630 and this guy https://gogriz.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/cameron-parker/5632. I think we're fine at the point the next couple years. I bet Beasley can fill in as well. Count me in the can't wait crew.

Griz til I die said:
fanofzoo said:

Probably spend too much time thinking about what could of been, need to let that go.

Hoops watcher said:
Griz til I die said:

I think you are forgetting about this guy https://gogriz.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/brandon-whitney/5630 and this guy https://gogriz.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/cameron-parker/5632. I think we're fine at the point the next couple years. I bet Beasley can fill in as well. Count me in the can't wait crew.
Ya I guess for whatever reason I thought Parker was a shooting guard, but I agree that I think he’ll do a nice job. I don’t know too much about Brandon Whitney, but I’m sure he’s pretty good too. I think he may see limited action with Parker and Vasquez in front of him, but we’ll see.

fanofzoo said:
Griz til I die said:

Probably spend too much time thinking about what could of been, need to let that go.
I agree. The losses suck but we still have a very capable group that I’m excited to see play.

I hope any player is excited to play :p

Don’t forget about Eddy Egun. He’s going to be part of the guard rotation and I’ve heard he’s taking a big step in his development.

Griz til I die said:
Hoops watcher said:
Ya I guess for whatever reason I thought Parker was a shooting guard, but I agree that I think he’ll do a nice job. I don’t know too much about Brandon Whitney, but I’m sure he’s pretty good too. I think he may see limited action with Parker and Vasquez in front of him, but we’ll see.

The reality is Timmy's job was most likely losing his job to Parker regardless of whether or not he stayed. The writing was on the wall when Timmy got his scholarship yanked and Parker received one instead. Travis is VERY HIGH on Parker to say the least. In the end, I think the writing was on the wall and coaches felt they couldn't rely on Timmy's continued presence on the court. He had to take summer school to remain eligible for this season and decided playing golf was his priority instead. I wish the guy well, but he had more than enough opportunities to get his act together and it just did not happen.

I like the energy Falls brought to the court, but he clearly had some distractions in his personal life that were preventing 100% buy in. Personally, I'll take Parker's potential all day over the distraction Falls became to the program.

dayday said:
I hope any player is excited to play :p

Don’t forget about Eddy Egun. He’s going to be part of the guard rotation and I’ve heard he’s taking a big step in his development.

Excellent point, Mr. Egun has shown flashes of his offensive potential . If he puts it all together look out.

Griz til I die said:
Hoops watcher said:

A lot of new faces, a lot of potential. Even more than last year when we knew who the go to guys were. Should be fun to see.

gotgame75 said:
Griz til I die said:

The reality is Timmy's job was most likely losing his job to Parker regardless of whether or not he stayed. The writing was on the wall when Timmy got his scholarship yanked and Parker received one instead. Travis is VERY HIGH on Parker to say the least. In the end, I think the writing was on the wall and coaches felt they couldn't rely on Timmy's continued presence on the court. He had to take summer school to remain eligible for this season and decided playing golf was his priority instead. I wish the guy well, but he had more than enough opportunities to get his act together and it just did not happen.

I like the energy Falls brought to the court, but he clearly had some distractions in his personal life that were preventing 100% buy in. Personally, I'll take Parker's potential all day over the distraction Falls became to the program.

Water under the bridge. :dead:

Hoops watcher said:
gotgame75 said:

Maybe, but it was germane to the comment being made, which was questioning the status of the PG position in the wake of Timmy’s departure. Just saying we’re going to be fine...

gotgame75 said:
Hoops watcher said:

Maybe, but it was germane to the comment being made, which was questioning the status of the PG position in the wake of Timmy’s departure. Just saying we’re going to be fine...

Agree the point will be in good hands. I was a Timmy fan, just ready to move on and ponder the new 1s.

Back